It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Humanoids - Umm, I don't think so.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I've never had reason to post in the Aircraft Projects forum, and I'm not sure I am in the right place, but I wasn't sure where to put this - it seems no worse than any other forum, and I suppose in a way it is an Aircraft Project.

I remember seeing a show about flying humanoids, largely set in the land of the great UFO hoax, Mexico.

I stumbled across this video on YouTube, and had to laugh, remembering the flying people show. I must admit, if I saw one of these things flying, I'd certainly do a double take. Imagine someone driving over the bridge seeing one of these from a distance, only being able to make out the human-like features - I can imagine accidentally driving off the bridge!

There's one here in Malaysia as well. I think this one looks slightly more realistic.

edit on 15-5-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I have a friend who was raised in mexico, he tells a story of seeing a flying humanoid, though he called it a Brujah, its part of the local myths and legend apparently where hes from.

What I find interesting is the cultural aspect of UFO's that tends to crop up outside of the US, you see it in places like Mexico and India.

Which could mean any number of things, other than "non terrestrial" From hoaxes to physiological and mass hysteria. Its funny though that these reports of flying people predate the rise of quad copter and human shaped RC craft of recent design.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

Bruja = witch

Where i came from its a very small town in the middle of nowhere in the Andes, one day I was talking to a local maybe around 35y/o. for some reason he started saying he once was asked by a beautiful lady that had a reputation of witch to go fix something in her house, he told me she had a hole in the roof so she could leave flying.

I started to Laugh until i realize he was not fooling around and he actually believe that.

About the video, it doesn't look like real rc planes it looks CGI.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Maybe they saw this guy

This clip shows a man who attaches jet engines to his legs and then jumps out of a hot air balloon wearing a wing suit. He manages to achieve 30 seconds of horizontal flight without loosing any altitude (allegedly)

This vid came out back in 2006...not my sport so I don't keep up but lord knows how far they've come with jet power wing suites by now?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Both are cool and boy would I love to fly a few of those 'humanoids' around my city! lol

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Makes flying RC controlled humanoid shaped toys

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Bruja = witch

Or Shaman, medicine man. I think the tales of their prowess is more along the lines of OBE than physical flight. its morphed into this genre we have now like every other belief system around the globe. Embellished and misunderstood.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Slightly OT, but I've always found this to be amusing.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cito

Makes flying RC controlled humanoid shaped toys

Ok, I'm sold. LOL.

top topics

join