It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Strikes Down Idaho Same-Sex Marriage Ban - Yahoo! News

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen
So, are you going to fight for the cause of the polygamists

Yes.

This is not some grand "waking up", this is is a handful of liberal judges that have personally decided that not being able to be married has somehow created a "separate class of citizen", as if marriage is the thing that defines a person, and overruled properly passed state law.

Where one sits on the bus does not define a person either. So, blacks can just get to the back, right?

The "properly passed state law" you speak of violates the US Constitution, so it was NOT a properly passed state law at all.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: adjensen
a reply to: beezzer

Hey Beez, missed you on the show last night, be sure to listen to the repeat when it's posted, I think you'll have a laugh or three.

I think that the more we accept same-sex weddings, the less we'll hear from this very vocal minority on any given subject and we can return our focus on issues that actually have an impact on all of us.

I think that you're mistaken on this, because this "issue" is rooted in an agenda. I'm not sure what the real root of this agenda is
Equality. It's really not that hard to understand.

those who receive it do not hesitate to immediately encroach on the rights of others, suing cake bakers, wedding photographers, and anyone who thinks differently, and the courts are happy to go along with it and say "if you don't believe what we want you to believe, there are some jobs that you are not allowed to hold."
Dumb argument. You can still support marriage equality and a businesses right to refuse service. You do have a mind of your own.

And what people who are cheering all of this along fail to realize is that it WILL come back to bite them in the butt, because once precedent has been set that the government can dictate beliefs, their own personal position is left to the whim of whatever administration is in power, or whatever single judge happens to hold sway over the issue.
Listen nobody's stopping you from being a bigot; they're just stopping your from having your bigotry legislated. The only belief being dictated here is the belief that state governments should treat it's citizens equally, and quite frankly, it's a far better belief than your belief that government should be able to whatever it wants. Hate should only be a right enjoyed by the individual, not the state.
edit on 15-5-2014 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

1. I have no issue at all with polygamy between adults.

2. Thanks for sharing your opinion. Here's mine. The issue doesn't have anything to do with "liberal" vs. "conservative" political beliefs. Marriage is a legal contract that is available to adults. I am an adult citizen and my state offers a legal status with accompanying benefits for a relationship between two adults; denying that contract to me and another adult citizen based on our respective genders obviously creates a separate "class" with secondary rights to those citizens who meet the gender requirements. This is not equitable in any sense of the word.

<< 1  2   >>

join