It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Grandmother claims to see demons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
To begin with, I am not a very religious person. As today was Mother's day, my mother went to visit her grandmother who is 93 years old and lives on her own.
When my mother came home she seemed bothered by something so I asked her about it and she told me that her grandmother, we'll call her Helen, claimed to be seeing demons a d hearing demonic voices at night before she goes to bed.
Helen is always very coherent and quite sharp, she usually only needs assistance when walking farther than about 200 feet.
She doesn't seem to be developing Alzheimer's or dementia so I don't believe that's the cause(but it very well could be, I'm looking at all the possibilities at this point)

Has anyone ever had experiences like this or know someone who has?

My mother described to me 2 different experiences that Helen confided to her.
The first: Helen was getting ready for bed and heard a deep, demonic voice ask "who has green eyes?" She claimed this went on for about 3 minutes, over and over again.
The second was she was about to turn on the television and before she could she saw the image of a fat ugly man with a very hideous face and green eyes and then she heard it say "I have green eyes!" Accompanied with hysterical laughter.

Helen is very religious so this scared her very much. Her daughter, my mom's mother called her parish priest and he's supposed to go over and talk to her on Tuesday.

I'll ask again, has anyone experiencenced anything like this. Its more strange than anything.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Dementia.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: immoralist
Dementia.

Hmm this never crossed my mind.. That obviously must be it.. ffs..
I appreciate the amount of thought you put into your reply

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
yeah sorry but 93 years old you can,t trust the mind with anything,you ask me at that age its just the mind playing tricks.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Banquo

Creepy. You say a Green Eyed Monster, whispering to your grandma when she is lowering into sleep. I've only known things as such to play with your head. Perceiving anything, self created or not, is just a small view of the reason. Our brains do "trip" every once in awhile too. A secretion from the pineal gland, usually more active when approaching sleep.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31
Right that's what I was thinking when I heard she was seeing and hearing things. In any case its creepy

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
My mother is going to be 93 in July. She has dementia and told me her father visits her and tells her she needs to die. She's always claiming her father visits her at night. Yet at the same time, she thinks her mother and father are still alive! Dementia is a weird mental disease. Sometimes she seems coherent and other times she's thinks she's living in the past. She even claims she has a baby, and gets upset saying she lost her baby and kind find it!

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: sparky31
yeah sorry but 93 years old you can,t trust the mind with anything,you ask me at that age its just the mind playing tricks.

I don't know man. Folks of all ages have reported theses sort of happenings. Calling it age related at this point is the real easy explanation.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Can you establish that she has had no history, in here elderly years of late, of anything that might suggest onset on dementia? Or is this the first and only time she has reported something like this?

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

With her age, it could very well be a component of loss of short term memory. As we get much older, we start to lose short term memory, and there is a strange turn of events, where we start to have vivid long term memories.

It could be something she read or heard or saw in a movie when she was much younger. Mix that in with the tendency to view those snippets of long term memory, as real in current times.

Des

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Big hint. Why call her Helen? Call her by her real name. After all could anyone identify her or you just by using the name Ruth?

Flushhhhhhh

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Fat ugly guy with an hideous face and green eyes?....I swear I was no where near her home.

I get sounds when tired from TLE seizures once in a while, the energy makes a little noise in the auditory lobe. I don't get any seizure activity from this, just sounds that aren't here. She may be having some minor seizures.

Now, my wife's aunt was staying with us for a while and she said that there was a young guy with a girl sitting in her lap in the bedroom. She was looking at them and explained exactly what they looked like. I asked her if she recognized them and she said no, and she didn't want them in her room. Now she had alzheimers but that should not have given her this symptom. Now, I didn't see anything, but I cannot say for sure that she was not seeing someone. But it may have been through someone elses eyes. Maybe someone else was linked to her and seeing that at that time. She said they were talking but she could not hear what they were saying. It could have been memories that were recorded.

I wouldn't worry about her, if she likes it there, don't try to shove her in a nursing home. If she is on any meds, it is time to talk to the doctor about possibly changing them, maybe they are starting to cause some liver or kidney problems and toxins aren't being removed right from the body. That can even happen without medicines. Maybe a cup of milk thistle tea or dandelion root tea occasionally may help. Keep an eye on her for a while though.

Being she is religious she could be seeing demons. My mother used to see angels. She had a stroke and was way overmedicated after that with drugs that could compromise rational thinking. I am glad she saw angels instead of demons, she might have gone after demons with a knife....attacking someone who one thinks is a demon is not a good thing. Hopefully your great grandma knows not to go after one on her own.

Do demons exist? I don't know, I would think they would need to be within someone to exist here in this reality. I don't think she would be able to see one. Just tell her a fat, ugly green eyed guy told you about this.
See what she says.
edit on 11-5-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Here great age may mean that here spiritual body is becoming detached from her physical body, the demonic implication is worrying and I would suggest a spiritual christian priest to grant a blessing and cleanse the house of any negative vortex, now I say a christian as many other's use method's which can actually encourage the presence of selective entity's and even cause more but different harm.
Maybe there is a reason but demon's do not alway's need one and often attack or linger waiting to take without any justification.
I doubt this is dementia and have experience spiritual and demonic occurance myself, But you do have two or more body's, she will be a lot younger as that body is not like this one but as this one fail's and not all are affected like this but some are especially if that body is already awake and possible trying to defend itself then we may become dislocated from this body into that one.

There are people whom have never experienced anything, have not got a clue and they will make comment's that are not constructive but a prayer does no harm.

I wish her the best and god bless her.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Maximus2014

Her name is Helen..? What are you accusing me of?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I mean it very well could be dementia or only age related but this would be the first occurrences.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Banquo
To begin with, I am not a very religious person. As today was Mother's day, my mother went to visit her grandmother who is 93 years old and lives on her own.
When my mother came home she seemed bothered by something so I asked her about it and she told me that her grandmother, we'll call her Helen, claimed to be seeing demons a d hearing demonic voices at night before she goes to bed.
Helen is always very coherent and quite sharp, she usually only needs assistance when walking farther than about 200 feet.
She doesn't seem to be developing Alzheimer's or dementia so I don't believe that's the cause(but it very well could be, I'm looking at all the possibilities at this point)

Personally I know a number of ninety year old's who remain as sharp as person in their twenties. Signs of dementia show up with issues such as poor problem solving, difficulty with learning new skills and impaired decision making. If there are no changes in her way of speaking, ie forgetting words, and personality problems then it is less likely to be dementia akin to lewy body dementia and more than likely a spiritual issue.

originally posted by: BanquoHas anyone ever had experiences like this or know someone who has?

Diabolical do torment, each person's experiences do differ.

originally posted by: Banquo Helen is very religious so this scared her very much. Her daughter, my mom's mother called her parish priest and he's supposed to go over and talk to her on Tuesday.

For your grandmother, speaking to her parish priest is the best thing for her. Even though you are not very religious person, if you can muster heartfelt prayers of deliverance for her - this will help.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: immoralist
Dementia.

Hmm this never crossed my mind.. That obviously must be it.. ffs..
I appreciate the amount of thought you put into your reply

I mean it very well could be dementia or only age related but this would be the first occurrences.

Sometimes the simple answer is the correct one sir...

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Delirium is very common in that age and can be triggered by things as innocent as an OTC antihistamine and sunset. The latter is known as "sundowning" where the senior, usually lucid, has onset of delirium after the sun sets due to lack of stimuli from sunlight.

In addition, delirium and dementia are two different entities. Whereas a person with dementia can have a delirium, not every one who has delirium suffers from dementia.

Dementia is memory loss and those people with it can become agitated and afraid and paranoid because they do not remember things. They accuse people of stealing because they don't remember moving an object themselves for example.

Delirium is and altered mental state where hallucinations, both visual and audio, are common. This can be caused by illness, extreme loss of sleep and fatigue, drugs, and medications.

Delerium vs Dementia
edit on 12-5-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
All these people who don't accept that there is no record or onset signs of dementia, fail to understand that as one approaches the time they leave in old age, the veil thins. Usually people get visits from family and friends, even young terminal patients.

And those visits have even been witnessed by others, and even hospital staff in near death related studies.

So, just like a young person sharing past life memories under 5 while they are still often present, to an older person sharing this veil lifting, we need to pay attention and listen and learn from others more.

In her case, this is alarming and she needs to work through any issues from her past where someone may have been hurt, anything even with Catholic background, perhaps tough love, or something she feels needs to be healed.

Also, prayers, simply mediation before sleep asking for protection and to see through the world and see what needs changing and to denounce all harm negative entities intend.

At 89 my grandmother, a former Catholic and then her own Christian, had a very open mind and so think putting small meditation affirmations and prayers to wake up and to stand in infinite love and protection and work through anything bothering her is good.

Also does she have a significant memory of green eyes? A child or someone from the past?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

the fact is that your grandmother is nearing the end of her days. people like that who are growing closer to death, the veil between this world and the next is thinner for them. the same applies to new borns and younger children. they still have a proximity to the other side being recently born so the veil is thinner for them as well. this accounts for children and the old reporting having spirit encounters. you know in your heart if your grandmother is on point or not in regards to dementia. it's easy to dismiss these kinda things as just mental problems associated with age. people try the same dismissals with people who are at any age though as being some mental problem. but, those of us who have had actual experiences won't deny those experiences of others as just being the result of some cognitive issue because these things do exist and they do happen to people of all ages. especially the elderly.

good luck, i hope that someone from your grandmothers church can help her out. maybe a house blessing or some kind of cleansing.

Unity_99: looks like right after i posted you were thinking the same thing, hah
edit on 12-5-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join