It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone following the Newark (NJ) Mayoral Race?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The former Mayor, Cory Booker, is going to make it so much harder for me to get into politics. He made a documentary called "Street Fight" where he said that he would stand against corruption. One citizen in the documentary even said, "How do we know you'll be any different than everyone else?" It is sad, but Cory Booker turned out to be another politician with big promises, and little substance.

Now, it seems that Newark has two more politicians who are going to fail the People of Newark yet again.

Well, if anyone is from Newark, you should do a grassroots operation, and vote for me! Chris Martin! The election is only two days away, but with social media, it is very possible. I want to march as the City of Newark to Philadelphia to ring the Liberty Bell one last time for the whole world to hear! We can have a revolution the way MLK intended. But I have a failing this government will stop us from exercising our Constitutional rights...

But, hey, I dream, and when I dream, I dream big. So is anyone following the Newark Mayoral Race? How do you feel about the two candidates? Expect them to do any better than Mr. Hollywood? (Cory Booker's nick-name when he turned out to be just another politician.)
edit on 10-5-2014 by iosolomon because: (must be filled out)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I live in Newark and am actively following the election. My problem with Shavar Jeffries is that he comes out of nowhere and all of a sudden he is a lifelong citizen of the South ward and he has done this and that. I have lived in Newark for the majority of my life(was born here and, with the exception of a few moves, have been here the majority of my life) and I know a lot of people across the city and nobody has heard of him before this election. He is all smoke and mirrors and, I believe, a Christie and Audabato puppet. As far as Ras Baraka, I know of him and his father. I believe he has the passion to turn the city around but his methods and his way of doing things will turn some off in the political realm. On tuesday I will be voting for Baraka because, unless money and influence corrupts him, I believe that he will at least try to effect some sort of change. With the current state of newark finances and political-wise, I don't think anyone can really come in and make sweeping changes that will satisfy everybody. There are too many hands in the pot and too many people looking to make money off the change that is developing at the expense of the citizens. I don't know you sir but I'm always up for listening to reasons as to why I should insert your name as a write in candidate.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I'm not following it at this moment.. but I am trying to distance myself from a married woman ..it is the way of the world I must say. Any who really gives a crap??

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BLACKOWT

I don't know your sir but I'm always up for listening to reasons as to why I should insert your name as a write in candidate.

I doubt I'll be able to get the support I need by Tuesday, but one can still dream. The other threads I have posted in the political sections explains my politics, and why I am a different candidate. The biggest reason I would say to you is, "The very definition of stupidity is trying the same thing over and over and over again, and expecting different results. Why would you play the Democrap-Repulicrap game yet another time when it has NEVER worked out in the past? What do you have to lose to give an honest man a chance to stand up for the Constitution and You the People?"

Your assessment of Shavar Jeffries is good. But you missed one key facet of Ras Baraka, he is just going to turn out to be another Cory Booker. Hey, maybe you liked the grand ole' acting Booker did --after all, he was Mr. Hollywood-- but I still say to you, and all Americans, "Why are you playing the same game over and over and over again expecting to get different results? Are you stupid?"

a reply to: RUFFREADY

I'm not following it at this moment...Any who really gives a crap??

I don't blame you one bit. It does not matter if Jeffries or Baraka wins; whoever wins, You the People of Newark lose.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I had respect for Booker but me and his policies clashed(and he knew it as I have spoken with him many times. While most didn't like his record of basically doing nothing, at least he was open and willing to hear from his constituents even if it went in one ear and out the other) I have also worked with Mr. Baraka(now Mayor elect) and I believe he will not be like Booker. I also believe he will suffer from the problems that were inherited from the previous(well the one before Quintana) administration. Hopefully he keeps ahold of his activist roots and start cleaning house and creating accountability. I know its probably a pipe dream but one can hope lol

top topics

join