It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother's Day 2014

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

This Sunday May 11 is the big day! I know many may not celebrate this "Hallmark Holiday", and truth be told I have never put much weight on the gift aspect of it all. But it truly is simply a day to remind us how much our mothers mean to us, and no gift is required to show your love and appreciation.
Because my own mother has passed, I use this day to appreciate being a mom. In essence, I celebrate my children and how much they mean to me. My children are the best thing about me, the reason I get up everyday, the one thing that can always make me smile, the people who have taught me more about life than anyone, the ones who make me feel special and loved and completely cherished. I love each and every one of them, and I am so proud to call them all my best friends.And now that I have two beautiful grand daughters and a grandson due very soon ,it is all the more special.
No matter how you and your loved ones celebrate this day, I truly hope you have a memorable one!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
What a beautiful sentiment! Thank you for the happy wishes!
It's apparent that you'll have a great day, but I wish you a happy day as well!

Life has blessed me with five children, five grand children and five great grand children, so I tend to celebrate evry day as if it's Mother's Day!

edit on 5u1212America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Life has blessed me with 9 children,and two grandchildren so far. I always wanted a big family. Have a wonderful day Nugget!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
a reply to: nugget1

Life has blessed me with 9 children,and two grandchildren so far. I always wanted a big family. Have a wonderful day Nugget!

Wow! 9 children. I am in awe of you. I only have 2 boys but, they are indeed the best thing about me too.

My mother has also passed away and Mother's Day use to be brutally tough for me to get through. Now that I'm a mother myself though, I can actually celebrate and enjoy the day.

Such a lovely post and here's hoping you have a wonderful Mother's day.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
To my own dear Mother and all the Mom's here, Happy Mother's Day to you!!!
And if you just have pets, that's ok, because you feed them and love and nurture them, so you are their Mom.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
To all the Mothers, enjoy our day!

We'll be taking our boy to Barnes & Noble for their morning Storytime tomorrow which is Mother's Day themed. We'll see if he wants to make a card for me or one for his grandma at the craft table afterward. Then, we usually go out and eat as a family and I'll probably get to choose where.

It'll be more or less a normal Saturday together, but it's together, so that makes it good.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
9 children that´s amazing ! You have got a lot of beautiful memories seeing them growing up and enjoying every second

I have one child a boy now he is 10 years old and he is my everything and i would do everything to make his life easier and more carefree and most important thing to me is that he is happy child and my little hero.

So i will take this opportunity to remember all the mother´s whos children needs more care due the life threathening illness and those mother´s whos children has special needs. You take extra steps each day and sometimes every hour and every minute to be sure your child is all right even at nights when most people sleep.
Most important is, even you have this "extra family member " your teach your children to cope with it in positive way even if the illness is something which never goes away.

You grow to celebrate even small things in your life and problems which might be ( big ) issues to someone else has no big meaning or importance to you. Happy smile and a hug from your child and seeing him/her having a great time and fun each day regardless the "extra family member" is rewarding. By keeping life positive you earn every letter in " SUPER MOM " word !

And Happy coming Mother`s Day to all mother´s ( you all deserve it ) and also not to forget single fathers too who has to play both parts.. happy Mother´s day to you too !

edit on 9-5-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Happy day to all the mamas
may your day be free of dramas
so forget about your traumas
and just stay in your pajamas

Pets and plants or girls and boys
empty house or full of toys
just appreciate your joys
have a nap or make some noise

Silly rhymes are what I do