It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Introduction I Never Did- I am THE DANCER :D

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Having been here at ATS for quite a few years now, I just wanted to share a more personal side of myself with the community I've come to love-
...this is the real me- the passion and purpose of my life...that which sustains me in even the darkest moments...

I am a professional dancer/choreographer/instructor and dance is my passion- I also produce and edit videos- some of which I post online, including some of my dance vids:

Here are a few of my most popular videos-
*Each of which have around one hundred thousand views....
And I even threw in one of my Tutorials in case you wanna join in

Airplanes (cover)-
Contemporary/Lyrical
m.youtube.com...

Airplanes (original)-
Hip Hop
m.youtube.com...

Skinny Love- Contemporary Dance
m.youtube.com...

OMG-
Hip Hop
m.youtube.com...

Rolling in the Deep-
Contemporary Jazz
m.youtube.com...

Club Can't Handle Me (National Dance Day Routine)-
Hip Hop
m.youtube.com...

Edge of Glory-
Contemporary/Jazz TUTORIAL
m.youtube.com...

Enjoy my homeskillets!
Take a break from the circus

edit on 9-5-2014 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
RIght on! My grandmother was a ballet instructor and had a studio in manhattan. My cousin is also a dancer and been in a few movies. Cool that dancing is your muse through life. Instead of going to work at some cubicle you've succeeded in doing what you love and making a living at it, and that cool in my book.

See you in the threads.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Really?
When I was in my early teens I trained with The New York City Ballet for a few summers, and also did the Nutcracker in Albany with them for a few seasons .
I grew up in Albany, so I've spent a decent amount of time in the city- do you happen to remember the name of her studio?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ltinycdancerg

My 11 year old daughter is wanting to start ballet lessons.

Any advice or tips for a beginner?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Wow you are crazy talented!

Never saw that coming....but excellent late introduction! The dancing is excellent and really, really good. I am duly impressed. That has to be quite an active hobby and it looks like you are in fantastic shape.

I don't pay attention to or even see that kind of dancing very often, but seeing your take at it really makes me appreciate the hard work and dedication involved in it.

Great job!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Well the studio was from before my time. My grandmother's passed away and would have been in her early 90's now. So it was a long time ago. I want to say it was from the mid 50's to the early 70's, because she was running it when my mom was growing up and then into her 20's. I can call my mom and get back to you. She remembers. Or maybe I can text my cousin if she's not on location , she's usually pretty good at getting back to me. She'll know too.

Sorry I don't know more about it. I went the musician route instead...and then capitulated into doing the 9-5.

That's why I'm stoked you're succeeding at doing what you love.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: applesthateatpeople

I've got 26 years of advice!

First do some research, online/ask around, about all the local studios- Then let her take some trial classes in ballet, tap and jazz- summer is coming which is the perfect time to test the waters- trial classes should cost around 10-15$/hour - anything more than that is a rip-off. Once enrolled for the year, however, prices vary- typically for a young beginner taking 1 hour/week, you are looking at anywhere between 30-75$ per month- and that doesn't include all the shoes, tights, leos, leg warmers, etc.
Also costume and recital fees that vary drastically depending on the studio.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: applesthateatpeople

You should get a discount for each additional class (every studio/academy I've ever heard of does this) so oftentimes taking two or three classes costs only 5-10$ more per month, but you'll have to dish out for the extra costumes.

That said, if it's affordable, I highly recommend she take at least jazz class along with ballet (some studios require this) because beginner ballet at that age can be overwhelming- from my experience , both as a student and instructor, pre-teen beginner classes tend to include a range of experiences- one student may have taken combo when she was 3-4 years old, another might be returning as a second year, another may have never worn a pair of ballet shoes until that first day in class.
Does that make sense? lol

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: havok

awe thanks friend

I've been training since I was 3 years old- so almost everyday for about 26 years now...

let's see....being conservative....averaging 4 hours/day, 5 days/week, for 26 years...somebody do numbers for me pleaseeee lol

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Wow...7 videos of you dancing.

1 would have been fine.

Cya on the boards.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: facelift

just trying to appeal to a broad audience is all

I didn't even include my personal faves....

Halo
contemporary ballet-

Goodbye My Lover
contemporary

edit on 9-5-2014 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
A reply to: ltinycdancerg

Ok....at 20 hrs a week for 26 years...

You've put in an approximate total of:

965.4 weeks
or
6,760 days
or
26,040 hours
or
1,562,400 minutes
or
93,744,000 seconds

Of your life dedicated to dance. That is considered at 20 hours a week and 5 day weeks for 26 years. Variance comes with added hours plus or minus which I'm sure you have plenty of more time than you say.

Color me impressed!

edit on 9-5-2014 by havok because: spelling

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Beautiful work young lady! Much luck to you in your dancing endeavors!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
M

Hey dancer,

Question for ya. Who are your influences in dance? Do you have any favorite youtube personalities? Actresses that dance? Broadway divas. Thought it would be cool to hear about your influences and who inspires you to keep going/ evolving with your expression of dance.

So who's on your radar?

new topics

top topics

join