It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camp Mackall AAF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I've lived near this base for years and at one time, you could drive through it. Now, you are forbidden access to it. I know a lot of training is conducted there, but other than this, I can find no info~ just a lot of local rumors. My Mom used to tell me that during WW2, POW's were housed there. If someone here has any information on this camp, I'd be very interested in reading it.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Here Ya Go:

www.508pir.org...

www.bragg.army.mil...

If this is the right Camp Mackall you are referencing

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I didn't realize the area was so large. Thanks for the links.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Would you like to visit the airfield at Camp Mackall? I went there earlier today for the first time actually. Here is how to get there with no problem from anyone, and without breaking any kind of security protocols. It's basically open to anyone, and its teeming with civilians anyway.

From US 1, the entrance across from the sand pit is "Closed to Thru Traffic". Don't go in there.

Go north on US 1 until you get to Addor Road. Follow Addor Road until it comes to a T intersection at Ashemont road. Follow Ashemont road to the main entrance of Camp Mackall. You will see a sign that says "Thru Traffic Prohibited". You are not "Thru Traffic", this is your destination. The road comes to a Y shaped entrance with a helicopter on display. Swing to the right and follow the signs to "Mackall Airfield". You may come up on some soldiers doing PT exercises and running, just wait until they get out of your way. Just follow the road until you cross a little bridge over a swampy lake, and take your first left. Follow this till you get to the main part of the airfield where it says "unauthorized entry prohibited". Make your unauthorized entry (i'm serious, nobody will say anything to you).

From here, go to the fire station and talk to the people there, or go to the base of the control tower and answer the phone (they will call you when they see you on the camera). Tell them you're a civilian just visiting, and would like to come up and see the tower. They will be more than happy to let you up in to hang out with them.

They will also direct you to a fellow named "Lowell" that will give you about a two hour rundown about everything you could ever want to know about Camp Mackall. Check the place out, it's worth it!

top topics

join