It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LEO in control of his Dog or Dog in control of LEO? .... you decide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Tried to post this elsewhere but unable to post a new thread in the forum it belongs too

Footage has emerged of a police dog biting the neck of a shirtless man as he is arrested in Weston-super-Mare.

The video posted on YouTube, shows a man lying on his front in the road when the barking dog lunges forward and seems to sink its teeth into his neck.

The dog, which was on a lead, appears to drag the man forward a short way.

Avon and Somerset Police Assistant Chief Constable Louisa Rolfe said the force's professional standards department would investigate.

The force said officers were called in the early hours of Saturday to reports of a large fight.

Police and Crime Commissioner Sue Mountstevens said she had watched the footage and had spoken to the chief constable about it.

"It will be very thoroughly investigated. It won't be brushed under the carpet," she said.

A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Police said the man had received medical treatment for a shoulder injury but had since been released from hospital.

Did the dog take control or was it allowed? i know my Timberwolf has some muscle but i could pull her back in any scenario, especially on a lead, i also cant hear the LEO shouting commands at his companion to "Leave" etc etc. What say you ATS?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
That man was raising his head in fear of being bitten and looks like the cop just let the dog bite him and then didn't do much to stop it. Why was the dog allowed to attack in the first place, the guy seemed to be complying with the officers orders. It is sad when cops use those poor dogs in there evil corrupt ways.
The dogs are literally following directions and have no idea what there doing could be bad or wrong, but the cops know better. They just dont care anymore about us or the dogs they use against us, imho.

Peace

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
That's a sadistic cop letting his wolf have the blood it craves. The man on the ground saw it coming and decided he wasn't going to remain there and be mauled. The scumbag cop gave slack on the lead and let it happen. The mongrel should be put down and the cop fired and imprisoned for aggravated assault!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
He def allowed that dog to lunge and bite the man. The man was only reacting to the guy allowing the dog to inch closer and closer to the man. An obvious ploy to get the man to react, so he could justifiably let the dog attack the man. This is a known tactic to intimidate any person to react out of fear. The dog is only doing what it is trained to do. If the officer loses control of his dog and that dog inflicts damage to person or property, then the officer has committed a crime and should be charged just like if i intentionally released an attack dog on someone who was not an immediate threat to me. The officer should be treated like he accidentally shot the man and caused harm. reply to: corblimeyguvnor

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

Imho, I dont think the dog should be put down. yes the dog bit the man but the cop let it happen and the cop should be fired, but we all know he will just get a paid vacation and nothing more.

Peace

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Personally, i hate seeing dogs used in this manner. I dont mind the idea of service animals, but i specifically detest the idea of using them to either attack or incriminate people. Too many times it has been shown to be a reliable way for police to circumvent probable cause.

Perhaps the police dog thought the perp may have had drugs in his throat. Standard procedure apparently calls for an officer to tear your throat out for further inspection.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

LEO's are using dogs as instruments of oppression and terror.
Put these animals down. I think the dog can be rehabbed.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lichter daraus
a reply to: Mikeultra

Imho, I dont think the dog should be put down. yes the dog bit the man but the cop let it happen and the cop should be fired, but we all know he will just get a paid vacation and nothing more.

Peace

I agree. The dog did nothing wrong. The officer was allowing the dog to bark and lunge. He could have easily gave it the command to stop. In the case that the dog wasn't complying to his commands, the officer should have removed the dog from the situation. Either way, the officer is responsible for the dogs actions.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Usually; we see police attack dogs training with men in pillow suits. The arms, and legs are usually what the dog goes after...to bring the perp to the ground?

Was this dog trained to go for the throat?

The guy/perp was already submitting to authority, sometimes authority wants blood?

times 2 in the yeses?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
That was one of those videos I hate to watch.
Regardless of whether the dog pulled the cop forward, I did not hear any verbal commands from the officer to the dog. It seems he didn't mind what was happening.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

Yeah, thats what i thought. Of all the exhibitions i have seen in the UK, be it police or armed forces ..... the dog always goes for arm or leg. The guy's neck is definitely not long enough to be mistaken for an appendage

edit on 2014-05-08T12:33:52-05:002014Thu, 08 May 2014 12:33:52 -0500bThursday3305America/Chicago1412 by corblimeyguvnor because: spelling mistake

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Points to add after original OP :-

Incident occured 03 - 04/ 05/2014
I have also been reading closely the Posse Comitatus threads
In ALL but exceptional circumstances the police in the UK do not use Firearms, therefore you will not hear of police shooting pets dead etc etc for no reason.
The German Shepherd Dog in the UK, is the most lethal weapon the UK police can deploy unless suspects are armed with firearms or are suspected terrorists, 2nd only to the Tazer, where there is a chance you may be tazered to illicit an involuntary response causing you to blow your head off with a shotgun, if you happen to have one pointing at your head that is

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Thirty years ago I worked as a dog trainer mainly in obedience but also protection and attack as well.. Protection training only involved teaching a dog to alert and show aggression toward a threat... Just doing that sometimes required 3 or more trainers working the dog being trained with others that were already trained to recognize suspicious behavior from a person that would back down and cower when the dog showed a convincing amount of aggression.. That didn't mean the dog got to go in for a bite and the dog would have to turn off the aggression with a vocal command from the handler.. Attack training went further in that the dog would be trained to latch on to a leather sleeved and padded sleeve or other offending limb protected with padding and release on command once other trainers subdued the guy the dog had latched onto... Following that the dog was to make friends with him after releasing him... The company I worked for would have never allowed a dog to be trained to do as the dog on the video did.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
After reading other posts, I wonder if maybe this cop was training his dog at home to train it to go for the throat.
Im pretty sure they don't train police dogs to kill...do they?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: hypervigilant

Thanks for your comments and giving me a better understanding of training techniques. I think out of the ordinary here

edit on 2014-05-08T14:58:06-05:002014Thu, 08 May 2014 14:58:06 -0500bThursday5805America/Chicago142 by corblimeyguvnor because: added last comment after period

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I think they do and just like the cops in the US they compare notes and cover for each other however the Brits are attempting to stop it.

www.dailymail.co.uk... an.html

top topics

join