It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Migration Patterns of Sasquatches

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

BF are Apex Predators,Primarily because of their intelligence and reasoning ability.

Were I in the woods and hungry and looking for the path of least resistance to fresh protein that takes little energy expenditure to attain I would simply eat roadkill,there are thousands upon thousadns of deer killed every year on roads.

Some people assume BF would be afraid of man and live in the deeeep woods,not so,they co-exist closer to us than most think,and there are roads everywhere today and traffic on those roads,so it is likely easy pickings all year round.

Deer arent that hard to kill,they arent supernatural or smarter than any other creature in the woods,as a teenager I had a bit of a Hiawatha complex and I stalked and touched a napping Whitetail,and I hunted during my life as well,so to the hunterrs who find it hard to hunt deer,remember that you are hunting them and you define your own behaviours by that action in some epic ways which make you look,sound and smell like a huge Yellow Bumble-Bee in the woods,and NO your Real-Leaf or whatever Camo will not be a difference maker.

Sight is not the Primary warning system deer use.

But BF would not invest so much time in chasing deer,the energy exchange is not worth it for them.But as far as being opportunistic sure they will take the path of least resistance every chance they get.

They will eat your Dogs food right out of its bowl or even break open big bags to eat,and not simply walk over and grab a handfull of chickens,go figure huh? And they will not take the Large Bags with them either for some odd reason?

I wonder if anyone has ever spotted one carrying something with them?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
a reply to: Blue Shift

BF are Apex Predators,Primarily because of their intelligence and reasoning ability.

Were I in the woods and hungry and looking for the path of least resistance to fresh protein that takes little energy expenditure to attain I would simply eat roadkill,there are thousands upon thousadns of deer killed every year on roads.

Some people assume BF would be afraid of man and live in the deeeep woods,not so,they co-exist closer to us than most think,and there are roads everywhere today and traffic on those roads,so it is likely easy pickings all year round.

Deer arent that hard to kill,they arent supernatural or smarter than any other creature in the woods,as a teenager I had a bit of a Hiawatha complex and I stalked and touched a napping Whitetail,and I hunted during my life as well,so to the hunterrs who find it hard to hunt deer,remember that you are hunting them and you define your own behaviours by that action in some epic ways which make you look,sound and smell like a huge Yellow Bumble-Bee in the woods,and NO your Real-Leaf or whatever Camo will not be a difference maker.

Sight is not the Primary warning system deer use.

But BF would not invest so much time in chasing deer,the energy exchange is not worth it for them.But as far as being opportunistic sure they will take the path of least resistance every chance they get.

They will eat your Dogs food right out of its bowl or even break open big bags to eat,and not simply walk over and grab a handfull of chickens,go figure huh? And they will not take the Large Bags with them either for some odd reason?

I wonder if anyone has ever spotted one carrying something with them?

I have never hunted anything my whole life, but I seem to recall that hunters try to stay upwind of the deer because they can smell before they see.

The path of least resistance is one of the things I hear a lot of people say when in survival situations and to always follow rivers because they eventually lead to roads. Sasquatch might have a very well-developed navigation system that would help them going in directions they need to. When I was young, I remember being told that if we were lost in the woods, look for moss on trees, that way we know which way is north. Bigfoot has probably learned that as well through observation. There must be some type of learning communication passed on from elder to younger.

Most researchers are treating it as a primate only and applying what they know about the different primate behaviors, but Jane Goodall found that gorillas can stay hidden, and they are more clumsy than Sasquatch. Jane Goodall has also come out in support of Sasquatch being a real creature.

The scientific community is waking up to Sasquatch. It seems there is validity to anecdotal evidence now and the scientists are starting to look for a body. But a scientist needs to see that this is more than just another type of monkey or ape, it is too close to being human and in many ways does act very human.

As far as Sasquatch carrying bags, that's a good statement, but maybe Sasquatch has an outside pouch, like kangaroos do? I know that's out on a limb there, but in considering how you would go around carrying the things you do, we have pockets on our clothing. Hidden under all that fur, what if it does have skin pouches that serves the purpose of carrying things?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Read 'MIssing 411' Eastern United States...then read David Paulides' other books.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
You are right about the wind direction and your approach to wildlife.

Gorillas will stop and stand behind trees displaying their intelligence and reasoning ability at its best,they know that "animals" react with a fight or flight instinct,but they do not,they will stop and stand exactly angled right behind a tree so you cannot see them,they understand depth perception and angles,and display the patience to use both.

I would advise reading the Missing 411 books as well,I have not read them but have always had the suspicion that humans are frequently victimised in many ways and for many reasons,all terrifying.

I once worked at a Big City Zoo and can assure you that all monkeys and primates,Apes all of them are exceptionally intelligent and emotional.I have seen a monkey reach out through the bars of his cage and steal keys from a Trainer exiting after feeding time,and then once the Trainer was safely out of range the Monkey began to fiddle with the keys and the lock trying every key one at a time,he COULDNT see what he was doing but he could visualis it and had the intelligence to mirror that perception in his external actions.That is just a small-breed Monkeys intellect not a BFs.

In terms of strength I witnessed a 31/2 foot Monkey playfully grab a Trainer he did not prefer from above by his hair and scalp through his hat,he picked him right up off the ground with one hand and dangled him,a full grown man.

They are also emotional and this means dfferent personalitys and all of the illnesses and criminality and larceny and other attributes good and bad which are catalysed by emotions.

edit on 9-5-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

You are right about the wind direction and your approach to wildlife.

Gorillas will stop and stand behind trees displaying their intelligence and reasoning ability at its best,they know that "animals" react with a fight or flight instinct,but they do not,they will stop and stand exactly angled right behind a tree so you cannot see them,they understand depth perception and angles,and display the patience to use both.

I would advise reading the Missing 411 books as well,I have not read them but have always had the suspicion that humans are frequently victimised in many ways and for many reasons,all terrifying.

I once worked at a Big City Zoo and can assure you that all monkeys and primates,Apes all of them are exceptionally intelligent and emotional.I have seen a monkey reach out through the bars of his cage and steal keys from a Trainer exiting after feeding time,and then once the Trainer was safely out of range the Monkey began to fiddle with the keys and the lock trying every key one at a time,he COULDNT see what he was doing but he could visualis it and had the intelligence to mirror that perception in his external actions.That is just a small-breed Monkeys intellect not a BFs.

In terms of strength I witnessed a 31/2 foot Monkey playfully grab a Trainer he did not prefer from above by his hair and scalp through his hat,he picked him right up off the ground with one hand and dangled him,a full grown man.

They are also emotional and this means dfferent personalitys and all of the illnesses and criminality and larceny and other attributes good and bad which are catalysed by emotions.

I had seen a video of David Paulides on youtube, but the book I had not read yet. I will keep that in mind.

Primates have more strength than humans do, and certainly would have better depth perception than us. We have dulled our senses by exposing ourselves to constant visual and audio stimulation. If one moves away from the hustle and bustle to live in a secluded place without all the distraction, they could become keen again to the world around them. People go into the woods making all kinds of sounds, I think they do that because they don't like the quietness of nature.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

If you want something interesting to know

you see a Patterns of Hominids aka Bigfoot's ?

Google Map the Serpent Mounds of some of those location's you have Mentioned.

or any other Mounds in Ohio as there is plenty in that state alone

Google Ohio Burial Mounds Giants

The Serpent Mound yeah... That Mound is claimed to have found Humanoid bones up to 7 to 9 feet tall

referring them as Giants yet nothing to the public of where those bone were placed , a few claimed Smithsonian Institute is where they are.

May be a Connection ?

Why Does Ohio Have The Most Frequent UFO Sightings In America?
______beforeitsnews/paranormal/2014/02/why-does-ohio-have-the-most-frequent-ufo-sightings-in-america-2464344.html

edit on 9-5-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy
I am not familiar with those areas of Kentucky, but BFRO has a good listing of reported sightings made to BFRO. I know that some counties show no reports, that means either there were no sightings or that people who had sightings simply didn't report to BFRO.

Knowing the time of year and time of day and the crops are a good thing to mention when making a report. I was thinking of making a Prezi presentation with maps like that. I think also that Kentucky would be easier for Sasquatch to hide in, those hollers can run deep in some places.

That was Ohio, but I am sure Kentucky has its share of reports! The terrain there is FAR better for them than Ohio, too, with all the woods. I grew up in Tennessee, and never spoke to anyone that reported them, but I have heard since then that they are sighted there as well. I know those forests are thick, and it would be easy to hide for them!

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Some of you are discussing hunting. I haven't really done that myself (once with some people, but nothing found), but have known some serious deer hunters. I know for scent, one can purchase this stuff to bathe in that removes, for a time, the human scent. According to the guys that talked about it, it is very helpful.

I would also recommend the Paulides books. I have read the first two, and plan to get the third as well.

It seems the ideas about what these things are are slowly changing. More people are starting to consider that they could be some sort of people, instead of simply a primate. A lot could be explained that way!

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Human beings are incredibly intelligent and able,these Creatures have been studied for many years and the answers are already out there,ALL of the answers.

When Oil and Forest Industry and Mining and other major income sources could be negatively effected the data is suppressed,this IS NOT thie first time genocide has been committed in the name of progress,Industrial progress disguised as Humanitarian progress.

It is eaier for Big Money to simply wait for the Species to die off and to suppress data until that time comes.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Human beings are incredibly intelligent and able,these Creatures have been studied for many years and the answers are already out there,ALL of the answers.

When Oil and Forest Industry and Mining and other major income sources could be negatively effected the data is suppressed,this IS NOT thie first time genocide has been committed in the name of progress,Industrial progress disguised as Humanitarian progress.

It is eaier for Big Money to simply wait for the Species to die off and to suppress data until that time comes.

And here is what is interesting, the US Army Corps of Engineering in 1974 actually placed Sasquatch in its Washington Environmental Atlas, an official government document.

The government acknowledged this in 1974 and yet the scientific community says there is no such thing. They are having trouble containing it now and a great deal many scientists, not just the Bigfooters, are looking and accepting.

Anna Nekaris of Oxford, who discovered several new primates, believes that Sasquatch might just actually be real. Dr. Nekaris isn't just some fly-by-night pseudo-scientist. But yet, the skeptics relegate every scientist with evidence as pseudo-science, because it's much easier for them to not look at the evidence because their view of the world might change, and that's hard for some people.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Deer arent that hard to kill,they arent supernatural or smarter than any other creature in the woods,as a teenager I had a bit of a Hiawatha complex and I stalked and touched a napping Whitetail...

Yeah, but you didn't kill one with a rock or a stick or anything, right? That would be pretty impressive.
edit on 12-5-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Hello warminIndy, You are onto a good subject here, one I as well have been going over in my mind for a while . In Oct of 2007 I had a huge male walk off the hillside on me here at my home . He was traveling from North to the South & I'm one mile East of the Big Sandy River almost to a tenth of a mile and just North of Pike County Ky.

I have seen what looks like a big increase in sightings or reports of sightings to my South in the last couple of years , It seems most of these take place in cold weather months also . So Are they traveling South before & during the cold months ( maybe the area of the Smoky Mts ) ? How far East has people had sightings of them & moving in what directions ?

There has been so many questions gone & going through my mind since my encounter with the big guy , It just seems answers are as elusive as they are.

John

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kentuckycowboy2

Hello warminIndy, You are onto a good subject here, one I as well have been going over in my mind for a while . In Oct of 2007 I had a huge male walk off the hillside on me here at my home . He was traveling from North to the South & I'm one mile East of the Big Sandy River almost to a tenth of a mile and just North of Pike County Ky.

I have seen what looks like a big increase in sightings or reports of sightings to my South in the last couple of years , It seems most of these take place in cold weather months also . So Are they traveling South before & during the cold months ( maybe the area of the Smoky Mts ) ? How far East has people had sightings of them & moving in what directions ?

There has been so many questions gone & going through my mind since my encounter with the big guy , It just seems answers are as elusive as they are.

John

BFRO has a good index of reported sightings, this is where I got the information from.

There does seem to be an increase in sightings. But that Big Sandy region just reinforces my theory about looking on the rivers. I know the Big Sandy area.

Pike County has had six reported sightings, the first in 1967 and the last in 2010. Four were in winter, one was just before, in October and the other was in April. So there must be some correlation to them moving south for winter.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Well, money could certainly be a factor. There has to be some reason that information is concealed. Not just these, but other cryptids as well. Officially, they claim there are no cougars east of the Mississippi, but I have family that has seen them, like forever, and tons of other people report them as well. The black cats reported are also not officially recognized, though people are told they aren't allowed to shoot one, after being told they don't exist!

I don't know that I would count on these things vanishing, however.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: kentuckycowboy2

I grew up in Tennessee, and I recall a story my dad heard. he heard it from someone that knew the guy involved. The guy was a mountain ma type; somewhere in the mountains thereabouts, maybe N. Georgia, lived there most of his life, hunted and trapped everything that was there. He rarely came into town, preferring to be away from people most of the time. Well, the time came when this guy up and moved to town, to stay. he seemed reluctant to discuss the reasons why, but when pressed, stated simply, "There's too many strange animals up there." Never said if he meant a lot of one kind, or many different kinds, and never went back.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Okay, now here's a question. Just how exactly does a Bigfoot capture a deer to eat it? I've been around enough deer to know that they're extremely difficult to sneak up on, and the only reason human beings have been able to use them as a food source is because we have spears and arrows and guns. A Bigfoot doesn't have any of those things, and as I understand it, they only make the most rudimentary tools.

When I hear about Bigfoots hunting deer, that's always something that puzzles me.

You haven't been around deer as long as Bigfoot. Sasquatch is born and raised in the wild.. catching game is what he does everyday.

watch these videos:

Now consider that many people who report Sasquatch sightings also report an exceptionally foul stench.. so is it that much of a stretch to think that they rub themselves with stink to mask their own scent when hunting?
edit on 15-7-2014 by Chiyetanka because: quote not working

edit on 15-7-2014 by Chiyetanka because: youtube fix

top topics

<< 1   >>

join