It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic Mind And The Flow Of Tao

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
There is a purely mental realm of unhindered creation. In fact, reality could be seen as an interlocked series of various levels of unhindered subjectivity vs. objectivity. Creation is thus a mental process, with consciousness having various levels of predominance. The material of the mind is essentially magnetic, with focus giving essences of experience duration and thus increased magnetic pull in the creative realms of mind, which bring objects together which coalesce into physical experience.

Consider that there is a flow to reality, true reality, the straight and narrow path, the middle way, the tao. Consider that this flow can be distorted through a basic polarity guided by mental focus. There is a natural flow to mental focus, but you can disrupt this flow by extending the duration of attention towards something, or unnaturally avoiding giving something your attention. Clinging and aversion. You forge your karmic journey through your unnatural prolonging and avoiding of mental focus, which magnetically charge those ideas together on the creative planes, giving rise to the form and structure of your individual experience of reality. Karma in this sense is our individual departures from the way of tao, the divine path.

Returning to this path is not so difficult, though our habits have built momentum in the mind that propels it towards certain tendencies that obscure it. The way of tao is the most natural way, without any effort the mind naturally flows with the tao. Only forced and unnatural addictions of mental focus obscure the natural flow of things.
edit on 4-5-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing this moment of your perspective!! How perfect of a reminder this truly is! "Karma in this sense is our individual departures from the way of tao!" Well said indeed my friend for this world of illusion is very convincing, by all means it can not be that simple! Follow the path of least resistance, it seems like it could not get any easier then that, of course this is before your realize what resistance is, and your post has led me to understand it a little more... Mental Focus! Fascinating really when you slow down and realize what you spend your time focusing on! Thought patterns that simply prove the definition of insanity!

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
doublepost
edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago05America/Chicago531amSunday1 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Thought provoking... very nicely done OP

S&F+Good Karma!

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney
There is a natural flow to mental focus, but you can disrupt this flow by extending the duration of attention towards something, or unnaturally avoiding giving something your attention.

I quote this for the reason of focusing its importance for all readers who are still overwhelmed by the overall decoding of the OP idea.

I would like to give you a story with the same meaning:

A fisherman standing on a cliff spotted a floating chest in the water. His eyes sparkled and he hasty tried to get the chest from the water using various tricks. The more he tried, the more frustrated he became, and in the end desperate, he surrendered the chase. Than he left inland to collect wood , so he can bake the fish he had caught beforehand. When the sun rolled in its highest point the fisherman was rested with renewed energy. Curiosity called him to come back and see what happened with the chest. Is it still there, or the see took it away. He went to the cliff but the waters were clear, not a chest, neither devil floated there. Some rewarding feeling passed in the soul of the fisherman, like as a great battle had just over. Than for his astonishment, his vision spotted, at one stone throw-away, swimming between the rocks of the shore, the same chest, brought there by the tide while the fisherman was away. He jumped on the tops of the rocks and reached the chest.
edit on 4-5-2014 by Egoismyname because: Spellcheck

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Egoismyname

originally posted by: TheJourney
There is a natural flow to mental focus, but you can disrupt this flow by extending the duration of attention towards something, or unnaturally avoiding giving something your attention.

I quote this for the reason of focusing its importance for all readers who are still overwhelmed by the overall decoding of the OP idea.

I would like to give you a story with the same meaning:

A fisherman standing on a cliff spotted a floating chest in the water. His eyes sparkled and he hasty tried to get the chest from the water using various tricks. The more he tried, the more frustrated he became, and in the end desperate, he surrendered the chase. Than he left inland to collect wood , so he can bake the fish he had caught beforehand. When the sun rolled in its highest point the fisherman was rested with renewed energy. Curiosity called him to come back and see what happened with the chest. Is it still there, or the see took it away. He went to the cliff but the waters were clear, not a chest, neither devil floated there. Some rewarding feeling passed in the soul of the fisherman, like as a great battle had just over. Than for his astonishment, his vision spotted, at one stone throw-away, swimming between the rocks of the shore, the same chest, brought there by the tide while the fisherman was away. He jumped on the tops of the rocks and reached the chest.

I am still trying to fully understand the OP. But your story here to me kinda seems that if you want something, ignore it and it will be given to you. In my life that has never happened! *confused*
Firepiston

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FirePiston

I am sure it had happened, but you don't have the practice to pay attention to the small details. It requires some perseverance and paradoxical thinking.

Here is what Lao Tzu says about how things are done:

We work with being, but non-being is what we use.

Full text here. Guarantee it will give you some answers.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

Interesting perspective. I will not agree or disagree. I will say this. For lack of a better term I "enjoy" the writings of Lao Tzu. The point of view of the reader will affect the interpretation of the writings. His work is flexible. Anyone can glean something beneficial from it. Essentially the text is not biased. It does not require anything from the reader. Simple yet complex. Mysterious yet matter-of-fact.

Out of all the ancient texts I've read his work gives me a sense of peace, confidence and contentment. It pleases me that others are aware of and "benefit"(again for lack of a better term) from this text.

top topics

join