It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NMSP officer arrested after assaulting repo man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

LOS LUNAS, N.M. (KRQE) -A New Mexico State Police officer was arrested Thursday after allegedly assaulting a repo tow-truck driver.

When police arrived on scene, they say State Police Officer Charles Vernier was choking the driver and they ordered him to stop. According to the news release, after Vernier released the man he attempted to run from officers.

“I’m not being handcuffed today,” Vernier says in the video.

Source

"You're not taking my vehicle today."
Tow truck driver shows up to take this guys car, but he doesn't like that idea so he puts the driver in a choke hold until cops show up. Then he refuses to follow directions and actually turns and runs from the other officers and has to be tased.
What an absolute coward, this guy needs to lose his job and be barred from ever having any future position of authority.

-Did a search for thread title, 0 results (in case it was already posted)
edit on 5/3/2014 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

He won't face jail time, they'll just transfer him to Arizona PD...

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: facelift

With a promotion.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: facelift

Yes. Arrested and charged does not mean squat. He will not be convicted. He probably wont even be transferred. The cop says he was assaulted first (yea right), which was not caught on tape so it is the cops word vs. the tow truck driver.
Firepiston

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
so the bankers got to him too,,,now he cant afford the car....doesn't he know he's suppose to lower his standard of living....

if he can be turned , he could become a powerful ally....can it be done?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: facelift

LOL. Yes, this!! Arizona is a magnet and haven for bad cops. If I could give you all my stars I would.

Cheers,

Kratos

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Blowback

You have an awesome avatar my friend. But to stay on topic, this "cop" should get aggravated assault charges and receive a felony.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
He was suspended for something else as well...

from OP's source:

NMSP says Vernier has been with the department for about two years, and was on administrative leave at the time of the incident.

Sources tell News 13 Vernier was already being investigated by New Mexico State Police to determine if he was mentally competent to be an officer.

new topics

top topics

join