It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Would the Illuminati advertise?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

The fact that Satan is the Christian anti-deity is exactly what makes any part of this plausible; If Satan were from some obscure dead religion he would be no more popular than Anubis.

I do not believe that there is a widespread explicitly satanic conspiracy or a 501c corporation anywhere dedicated to the production of babies for sacrifice. I do believe that the vast majority of SRA stories are the result of suggestible people with traumatic histories running into people who want to believe. But it strains credulity that in a country as gullible and willing to commit to its mistakes as America, that nobody at all has ever gotten the idea that there really is a devil and that he might like and favor people who do bad things to others.

I have actually made the journey from Christian to Satanist to Atheist to trying to build my own model of the ethereal. I was applying to a Christian university late in high school, planning to get an M. Div and become a baptist minister.

I wasn't happy with where following the rules was getting me and I saw contradictions throughout the bible, yet my world view made it inconceivable that the Christian god had absolutely no basis in reality. Therefore first I considered the possibility that God is just a politician- one of many impotent nothings lying through his teeth to me because with enough support from common people he could have some modicum of power. I regarded Satan in the same hostile manner, but I believed there was realpolitik between he and I, as beings who would each put our own will above that of God. I can see how a lot of people might have gone further down that road than I did.

Furthermore, even for those who don't literally believe (there are of course plenty of Christians who don't really believe but consider it a positive framework for making decisions and understanding the world, minus the invisible man and the miracles) the Satan story has a lot to say about individuality, freedom and law, etc and could be used in the same way by a secret society- a mythological figure, divorced from real world concerns of any concrete example, can be used to illustrate the extent to which flaunting religious and moral convention is acceptable and at what point it becomes dangerous- a far more relevant philosophy for those rich enough to be truly free than a book that says that a camel will pass through the eye of a needle before a rich man gets into heaven.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Feel free to dispute anything I have said, whenever you get around to it. You call it circular logic, but by substituting words like "premise" "hypothetical" and "theory" instead of the actual claims, you fail to actually illustrate any circular reasoning. Until you get into some kind of substantive discussion of facts I honestly can't tell if you are just being so glib that you sound like you don't know what you're talking about when you do, or if you are flat out trolling.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Lol no one is going to stop them. All we can do is speculate as to who they really are. They control law enforcement. They will always cover their tracks.

This can't go on I must inform the law
Can this still be real or just some crazy dream
But I feel drawn towards the evil chanting hordes
They seem to mesmerise ... can't avoid their eyes

I'm coming back I will return
And I'll possess your body and I'll make you burn
I have the fire I have the force
I have the power to make my evil take it's course

edit on 4-5-2014 by JustACoincidence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Nothing is so cleverly concealed as that which is hidden in plain sight...

A couple years back I researched this topic and stumbled upon a couple of very interesting quotes that I saved in a text file.

Not surprised at all to find that NEITHER one of these YouTube comments can be found online now...

@leonvoltaire "Good points. In 1898, 14 YEARS before the Titanic sunk, a fictional novel written by Morgan Robertson called "Futility- The Wreck of the Titan" was the exact script of what would happen 14 years later. Even the Ships NAMES were the same! Was this a coincidence? (Twilight Zone music here) NO. The Elite have a code that they obey, which they obey. They Must hide things in PLAIN Sight! This Justifies their murders of STUPID people, who can't perceive the Master Race plan. Sick? YES!!!"
WillSee11 7 months ago

You have some fantasticly wild theories. We disagree on almost all of them. But I had never heard of the book mentioned. I looked it up, and yes, it's just what you stated. I don't want to steal any thunder, or misdirect a thread, so I am asking you to start a thread on this subject. If you could, let me know if you do.
Thanks,

ND
edit on 5-5-2014 by network dude because: quote function is screwed, blued, and tattooed.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

Feel free to dispute anything I have said, whenever you get around to it. You call it circular logic, but by substituting words like "premise" "hypothetical" and "theory" instead of the actual claims, you fail to actually illustrate any circular reasoning.

You want to have it it spelled out. All right, then:

Your theory is that the Illuminati use the occult — if I understand you correctly — both as a means of social control and as a code for sending secret messages to one another in plain sight (hmm... no phones, faxes, text messaging, couriers, carrier pigeons or tin cans connected to each other with string? And out on the street, right, where members of the Illuminati are constantly trotting by on their way to get a Big Mac for lunch? Oh, all right, they're walking their corgis.)

The unproven first premise on which that theory rests is the assumption that the Illuminati exist (as anything but a bunch of tax clerks and sanitation inspectors who like to dress up in robes and wave wands on Thursday nights, drinking cheap wine and plotting world domination; you know, sort of like the Rosicrucians).

There were a few other assumptions made in your post, such as your analysis of the relative utility of Christianity and the occult as instruments of social control, or that the wealthy elite of the world want to maintain the status quo in the first place, but they're just part of the décor. The master boo-boo, I'm afraid, is assuming the Illuminati exist in the first place.

The 'hypothetical elaboration' took the form of 'the Illuminati must be using the occult as I propose because of this, that or other phenomenon I have observed', even though those phenomena could be accounted for by numerous other explanations, or may not even exist as you describe them.

And then you bring it all back to 'therefore the Illuminati exist and are doing these things,' or, as you put it,

Given the political need for a simplified and effectively packaged philosophy to unite the efforts of the elite in an integrating world, and how well such motives would explain seemingly bizarre observed facts (such as that many of our leaders participate in organizations like Bohemian Grove and Skull and Bones, where they surround themselves with rituals and symbolism that they will not discuss with others), i don't think paranoid is a fair word for connecting the dots.

Well, I have to disagree with you there, I'm afraid. I think it's paranoid.

But surely you knew all this to begin with? I thought you were just winding up our more intellectually challenged members.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

• Moving at 22½ knots,[7] the Titanic struck an iceberg on the starboard side on the night of April 14, 1912, in the North Atlantic, 400 nautical miles (740 km; 460 mi) away from Newfoundland.

• Moving at 25 knots, The Titan also struck an iceberg on the starboard side on an April night in the North Atlantic, 400 nautical miles (740 km; 460 mi) from Newfoundland (Terranova).

Source

Quite a trick. Wonder how the Illuminati pulled it off?

I picture a fleet of rowboats, a big iceberg, quite a lot of rope and a lady overseer in leather corset, jackboots and a whip, snarling 'pull harder, you curs, or feel the rowels of my spurs!'

Yes, I know it would have been a bit chilly for that outfit, but a man can dream.

edit on 6/5/14 by Astyanax because: I forgot to mention that they were *stiletto* jackboots.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I see the problem now. You believe that anything that is not 100% proven is simply an unfounded assumption, and completely ignore any bizarre and unexplained facts, and you apparently are completely unaware of the history of Western religion in politics.

We have documents dealing with the establishment and preservation of New World Order.
We have leaders participating in secret meetings in rituals.
We have anachronistic occult symbols plastered all over a society that doesn't understand or respect them.

Why?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

We have none of that verified! Lol

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

So President Wilson did not explain the need for a "community of power" against which no nation or combination of nations can stand?

George HW Bush did not advocate New World Order as part of the argument for the first gulf war?

And there is no evidence of our leaders attending secret meetings such as Bohemian Grove and Bilderberg?

Just asking cause I dont want to leave you an out when I drop the sources on you.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

No, chum, that's not the problem. The problem is not at my end. I'm not the one who believes the comic books I read when I was a kid are true.

edit on 7/5/14 by Astyanax because: smartphone spell 'correction'

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

So President Wilson did not explain the need for a "community of power" against which no nation or combination of nations can stand?

That does not prove an elite conspiracy.

George HW Bush did not advocate New World Order as part of the argument for the first gulf war?

That does not prove an elite conspiracy.

And there is no evidence of our leaders attending secret meetings such as Bohemian Grove and Bilderberg?

Secret? Hahaha! The whole world knows whenever one of these bunfights is on!

Just asking cause I dont want to leave you an out when I drop the sources on you.

Ooh, scary! Bring 'em on...

edit on 7/5/14 by Astyanax because: doh

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Doh!

edit on 7/5/14 by Astyanax because: doh!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
It's not advertisement. It's called subliminal ritual indoctrination.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

distraction my dear watson-distraction... along with about 98% of conspiracy website$.

No mystery.

The greatest secret of all is there really are no secrets. Its so close to your face you cant see it...just a big blur

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

So you admit these things did happen, but still fail to connect the dots and see the overall picture?

The thought that people in prominent positions publicly advocating for a New World Order, who are known to have links to secret societies and who participate with others of worldwide influence/wealth in meetings, the contents of which remain highly secretive, don't set off alarm bells in your critical thinking skills at all?

Really? That all seems normal to you?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: superluminal11

I've read all the theories on the illuminati and I still don't think advertising is smart. Nor do I think stupid people could be secretly running the world. Greedy people could run it and jack things up, but stupid people couldn't....and advertising your secret society is stupid.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

amfirst1 explained it well in this post.

It's not about increasing interest in a product/organisation/concept, it's more about programming and asserting dominance over others.

edit on 8/5/2014 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Yes, it seems completely normal to me, not at all remarkable or sinister.

But then you see , I'm not very paranoid. I understand how the world works. It works according to human nature. And I understand human nature, so I'm not prone to believe all kinds of fantastic bullocks.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

It is a front. The so-called Illuminati symbolism and dramas are to get you distracted.

There is not just one club.

There are many different clubs of Wannabes ... then there is THE Club. People have envied THE Club since before the dawn of civilisation. People have emulated The Club. People have been refused entry to The Club causing jealousy, strife, even war...

Do you really think The Club, the real deal, the one that controls all things in this world, wants girls from the ghetto and young men who do not even know how to pull their pants up past their underwear to work for them? LOL. Think about it.

Some of these people think they really are in the real deal Club and have the world at their fingertips, when in fact, they are basically just slaves and are actually worse off than we are if The True Club's feathers ever get rustled...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: IWasThere777

Do you really think The Club, the real deal, the one that controls all things in this world, wants girls from the ghetto and young men who do not even know how to pull their pants up past their underwear to work for them? LOL. Think about it.

Show us even one piece of reliable evidence that proves the existence of this club — er, Club.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join