It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grimm hit with 20-count indictment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
U.S. Congressman Michael Grimm (R, NY) has been indicted by the Feds for a whole bunch of corruption charges.

The indictment is about his dealings with money and taxes connected to his restaurant in New York.

Grimm was a special agent with the FBI and has a degree in accounting and apparently even spent time in undercover stings.

All that came in mighty handy I would say.

NEW YORK -- New York prosecutors have unveiled a 20-count indictment against Rep. Michael Grimm in connection with his operation of Healthalicious, an Upper East Side health food restaurant he owned prior to entering political life.

The indictment, which officials outlined during an 11 a.m. press conference at the office of U.S. Attorney Loretta Lynch in Brooklyn, alleges that Grimm schemed to under-report both payroll costs and the amount of money the restaurant earned to avoid federal and New York state taxes.

In total, he's accused of concealing more than $1 million in Healthalicious gross receipts and hundreds of thousands of dollars of employees' wages.

Grimm hit with 20-count indictment

here's his wiki page

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Between this:

He began as an FBI clerk and transitioned into undercover agent work, eventually working in the FBI Gambino Squad and was responsible for learning about the inside activities of Peter Gotti, John Gotti's brother.Grimm worked for the FBI as an agent for 9 years.

And this:

He also spent two years posing as a small cap stocks broker, uncovering white-collar criminals on Wall Street.[3] According to Grimm, the firm was involved in money laundering, making false trades, and manipulating stocks. After building a strong case for two years, he and the firm's partners were arrested together, at which point, the police informed the group that they had been infiltrated by an undercover agent

Sounds like he learned a lot from these experiences and combined with his degree in accounting, he put his newly acquired skills to use

That being said, he ought to have known from experience of himself being an undercover agent, that the jig would be up eventually

Such a shame....his resume sounded impressive

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
One down,

Only 534 more scum bags to go.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This guy is a scumbag and I'm sure there's a lot more like him walking the halls of congress. Grimm also threatened to throw a reporter off a balcony in the Capital.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

A republican politician opening a health food joint? Did he really think people wouldn't be suspicious?!

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Ever notice how many Chinese restaurants never ring a sale up when paying cash???

A bunch!!!
All they do is hit the 'No Sale' key for the drawer to come open and make change
They never ring up cash sales

That's the first thing I noticed years ago about them
Only 1 did we run across ring up all cash sales

So that means they too don't turn it in nor pay taxes on it
In a years time, that can add up ....

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'm surprised no one here has yet posted Things sure are looking Grimm for this guy...?

Then, I guess I won't either.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
That's hilarious!

Makes me wonder who he ticked off, since it's obvious they're all on the dole.....

Crooks.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

A republican politician opening a health food joint? Did he really think people wouldn't be suspicious?!

LOL

Must be a front for GMO food.

They can later claim the GMO stuff is actually safe.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Of course wealthy republicans eat healthy non-processed foods. Who else can afford to shop at whole foods besides the wealthy, many of whom are republicans. Nothing but the best for them and their families. Processed foods are for the unwashed masses.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

eta - nvm

...but I'm grim that someone beat me to the pun.

(sorry, can't seem to help myself on this one...)

edit on 4/28/2014 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Hate to break this to people, but many if not most, small businesses under-report their income.

This guy was in politics so he should have known better. My guess is that a disgruntled employee or acquaintance ratted him out.

I knew a guy who owned a pizza place and actually employed 12 people.

I asked him how many he kept on the books and he said ZERO. As far as the government was concerned, he had ZERO employees.

He said that if he had kept all of his employees on the books, he would have to close his business...

This is the result of a government which is completely disconnected from the country/people.

edit on 29-4-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Grimm also employed a mass of illegal immigrants that he paid less than minimum wage in cash.

If he hadn't treated his employees so badly, there probably would not be a line around the block of former employees explaining Grimms racket down to the penny. My though is that this is a rabbit hole with Grimm. He has all the knowledge and connections and certainly the willingness to steal and cheat. I think his elected office was likely an extension of this thinking and a little diffing will find that he has accepted bribes etc. while in office.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
a reply to: snarky412

Grimm also employed a mass of illegal immigrants that he paid less than minimum wage in cash.

If he hadn't treated his employees so badly, there probably would not be a line around the block of former employees explaining Grimms racket down to the penny. My though is that this is a rabbit hole with Grimm. He has all the knowledge and connections and certainly the willingness to steal and cheat. I think his elected office was likely an extension of this thinking and a little diffing will find that he has accepted bribes etc. while in office.

When he threatened to kill that reporter (on camera no less) wasn't it in response to an allegation of bribery?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Hate to break this to people, but many if not most, small businesses under-report their income.

How many employ dozens of illegal immigrants and pay them less than minimum wage in cash?

This guy was in politics so he should have known better. My guess is that a disgruntled employee or acquaintance ratted him out.

A very long line of disgruntled employees, many of whom were uncomfortable taking part in the fraud.

This is the result of a government which is completely disconnected from the country/people.

This is the result of a corrupt man believing he was above the law that he swore to uphold...not subject to the consequences that he himself doled out as an FBI agent investigating/charging people for these precise criminal methods.

Sorry..this can't be excused by big government...eff this guy...

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Walk into some vegan resturaunt and take a census of what party they belong to 9 out of ten times they are liberals with skinny jeans and holes all over their faces.

top topics

join