It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Question an ATS Mod's Motive, Does Your Post Get Removed in ATS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Kurius

Piece of advice dont ever accuse people of being paid the reality

everone here is paranoid about one thing or another lol.

Not an accusation, but a mere question to gauge my next move, I suppose.

Paranoid? Who? Me? LOL

edit on 28-4-2014 by Kurius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurius

exactly what would you accept as a " satisfactory answer " to the question - are you a paid shill ?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
IF you have a problem with a MOD'S action, you are better off sending them a PM, or sending a report. I have done it before, and I am still here. Even had some posts reinstated before when they understood what I was saying. Asking people if they are paid trolls or whatever is a personal attack, and not allowed.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The question has already been answered, but I will confirm it in any case:

1. ANY post accusing another member of being a paid shill will be removed as off-topic. Whether it's an accusation against a member that has been here 5 minutes, 5 years, a moderator, a super moderator or an administrator, it doesn't matter. Everyone is equal before the Terms and Conditions.

2. When you're in a conversation with a moderator in a thread don't be blinded by the fact that they are a moderator as well. Staff members are members first and moderators second. So your question should have read: "If You Question an ATS member's Motive, Does Your Post Get Removed in ATS?".

3. As has been mentioned a moderator cannot moderate the thread they are participating in. Any moderator doing that will get in a lot of trouble, and yes moderators get in trouble as well. Moderators are held against higher standards because people love to scrutinize their each and every move.

4. All moderator actions are logged. No moderator can action a post without a record of it being created. Before a post is actioned it is discussed in the moderator's forum. The online moderators then collectively have to decide what to do with the post. In other words a single moderator cannot rampantly remove posts or influence posts/a thread.

5. Moderators typically don't "police" the board. They are more likely to respond to complaints - as a matter of fact they rely on complaints because they can not possibly read each and every post.

6. The majority of moderators I know are highly intelligent. Very little gets past them. And most of them has been doing this for years. Collectively they have centuries worth of experience moderating. So, if there was a "bad apple" they would pick it up almost immediately. And they have very little patience for "bad apples". Very little. Trust is a valued commodity amongst moderators. No-one will ever be made a moderator unless they've proven themselves trustworthy.

If you have a problem with a moderator/member and/or their posts, it's best to launch a complaint. It's bad form to either question it in the "problem thread" and it's unacceptable to start a thread about it. The only ones that can solve your problems when it comes to ATS issues are the staff, so ask them, they are here to help.

In short: Your "spidey sense" is broken.

Asked and answered, therefore: Thread closed.
edit on 28/4/2014 by Gemwolf because: Horrific grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join