posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 06:04 AM
Warning ... very high 'eeeewwww' factor story ... All I can say is .. everyone has a right to think what they want .. but YIKES this is really
Alicia Silverstone Offers Advice on Diapers, Postpartum Depression, and Eating Your Own Placenta
The 37-year-old has an almost three year-old boy named Bear Blu who she professes was potty trained at six months using the elimination technique
which eschews diapers.
She also claims that fertility problems, breastfeeding issues, PMS, insomnia, allergies and a host of medical conditions like multiple sclerosis and
lupus can be managed with a vegan, “kind” lifestyle that will properly prepare your “baby house,” aka uterus and then keep your and your
On battling infertility Silverstone writes, “Eat well, get healthy, then ditch all the planning and trying and just let it flow. There’s no better
way to make a baby than with yummy, soulful sex!”
Her advice ....
- Infertility. According to Alicia - Just have 'yummy soulful sex'. Well - As a person who dealt with infertility (endometriosis), I can say that
this doesn't work for most people. 1/4 of all married couples have fertility problems and most need medical intervention.
- MS and Lupus. According to Alicia - It can be managed with a vegan diet and a kind lifestyle. Well - As a person with autoimmune (Sjogrens with
multiple neuropathies), I can say that a person with autoimmune had sure in the heck better be on their prescribed medications. A vegan diet and a
kind lifestyle might help, but that won't 'manage' the autoimmune. Medication is required. Lupus is deadly. The five year survival rate,
premedication, was 50%. With medication it's now up in the 90% s.
- She claims she potty trained her six month old. I say ... bull. Six month olds can't walk to the kiddie toilet. 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 is potty
training age. Not six months.
- She's into premastication. That's where she chews up the food and then spits it into the mouth of her baby. Some folks say this is good for the
immune system of the baby. But in truth it isn't necessary in todays age and it transfers germs .. including caries.
- Eating your own placenta. Yup. She suggests that human mothers have it made into pill form, or perhaps into a 'tincture' or even into
'smoothies'. I understand cats have to do this for nutritional reasons, but humans do not. If she wants to ... that's her business. But since
she put it out in public I get to comment and .... seriously ... YUUUUK.
So I thought I'd pass along Alicia Silverstones advice .... in the ATS 'people' forum where this kind of thing belongs. Feel free to comment ..
agree or disagree or add your own.