It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bolivia : 702 soldiers Accused of Committing Acts of Sedition and Rebellion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Reading about the reasons these men had to protest, I hope the best for them. Why we always have people from remoted countries giving good examples ?

Bolivia's military chiefs have ordered the dismissal of more than 700 troops who have been protesting to demand better working conditions.

The army, navy and air force accused the men of committing acts of sedition and rebellion, and attacking the honour of the armed forces.

The soldiers say the military discriminates against indigenous Bolivians, a claim the military denies.

Protesters are calling for a meeting with President Evo Morales.

The protest began on Tuesday with 500 soldiers, but grew to about 1,000 on Thursday.

Non-commissioned officers and sergeants dressed in camouflage uniforms marched through the capital, La Paz, together with some of their wives and Aymara indigenous leaders who support their demands.

The protesters are demanding reforms so that non-commissioned officers can study to become career officers.

Another 13 soldiers were previously removed by the militar command. It's clear this movement is escalating.

Photo Gallery of the protesters here : elcomercio.pe...

www.bbc.com...

elcomercio.pe...
edit on 25-4-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Must be the result of training with the Spec Forces of the US maybe....?
These guys look US trained...could be they found out how the other armies work and realized their plight as cannon fodder....no?

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling

Bolivia doesn't get along with the USA. They are a lot like Chavez in Venezuela. The relationship was better 20 years ago ... but now it's ice cold. I doubt very much that any of the Bolivian army is trained by US Spec Ops.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
News to me....I thought they were still good buds with the US.....("one morning in Bolivia, the leader of the partisans...and two of his companions...were forced to flee the country....for their lives...")
Is there a Spanish or other predominant officer class?
These guys seem to be saying they are kept at non com level and held there.....
edit on 25-4-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

News to me....I thought they were still good buds with the US......

Naaaaah. They even cut off Americans being able to adopt in their country.
We were fortunate - we adopted our daughter from Santa Cruz just before
they cut it off.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Bolivia doesn't get along with the USA. They are a lot like Chavez in Venezuela. The relationship was better 20 years ago ... but now it's ice cold. I doubt very much that any of the Bolivian army is trained by US Spec Ops.

Bolivia militar command seems elitist, I see with optimism the indeginous-militar protests. They are many times higher in number than the rest of the militar forces together. Miners and farmers will join them too. Blood will be and a possible excuse for US intervention, considering a second interest in natural resources. Corruption will be exposed.
edit on 25-4-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

top topics

join