It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

seti@ home- bionics help a newbie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I'm a newbie, not adopted, just got boinics and seti@home, and joined the ATS team. Any info on this and related topics would be cool. I also need to know what exactly I can do with bionics as far as appearance and what info I can get visually by looking at these spikes.

[edit on 27-11-2004 by shankcnd]

xn

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Welcome to Seti@home on BOINC! From the site, once you login to your account you could change the appearance of the graphics. The settings going into effect once BOINC connects to the server. You can't really get any info by just looking at the graphics. The graphics will differ based on what the data is. It does make a nice screensaver though.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Thank you for the reply, xn, but looking back at my post I think I failed to describe exactly what I'm loking for. I'd like to know if there is any info out there about what the bars are representing exactly, as to what looks normal and what may be a "hit", or something I would want to pay more attention to. My ultimate goal is to be able to look at the reading and know what is going on. Maybe a link or something? please let me know if you find anything.

xn

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   
you won't really know what's going on by just looking at the graphics. however, there's add-on programs that tell you more about the current workunit you're processing.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Any info on these add-ons? It would be great to check them out. Thank you for the welcome. I haven't seen much info on the SETI site itself, but I haven't had much time to speend there either. If you could give any directions to the add-ons, I'll give them a try, as long as they will work on an old, slow,wheezing computer on dial-up. Thanks again for the welcome and info!

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Article about what an alien signal may look like:

www.planetary.org...

otherwise check this bit from seti@home classic's site; most of it still applies to BOINC:

setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu...

[Edited on 1/12/04 by minimi]

xn

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Try BOINC Spy (based on the SetiSpy code).

www3.telus.net...

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Cheers for that one XN.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
What do you mean experiment with Bionics and how you look? It seems like hogwash if you ask me....Which you didn't.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Thank you xn and minime. Your posts helped me a lot! It would have taken too much time to find all that info given my curent schedule. You realy saved me many headaches. I now have a much better understanding of what is possible with SETI and what I am looking at. I have voted for both of you for the "way above" category. I was at quite a loss with this as far as time to research goes. You guys are life savers! As far as your coment, areoquake, I don't feel you completely read or understood my post, wich could more than likely be my fault for being too general, and or too vauge, for wich I appologize, and hope to be more informed before I post any questions in the future. I was not looking for anything to make "my appearance" any better, just any possible way to isolate the available info so I could get a better look at it and analize it more. You know, get a better understanding of what specifically I am seeing. If I'm going to do something, I don't want to do it half-harted.

top topics

join