It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1984 or Protecting the People?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
And let this be a warning too all on ATS!!!,,,

english.cntv.cn...

"Convicted. Qin Zhihui, a popular microblogger received his sentence on Thursday.

"The court believed that Qin Zhihui made up stories and personal attacks on public figures, and caused disturbances to public order by spreading false information about some events in the country. The combined punishment for convictions of defamation and affray, is 3 year in prison." Beijing Chaoyang District People’s Court presiding judge said. "

Qin Zhijun (C front), an alleged rumormonger, goes on trial at the Chaoyang
District People's Court in Beijing, capital of China, April 17, 2014. (Xinhua/Gong Lei)

ohh wait ,this ain't China,,,

yet.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Is a.t.s a web or a trumpet?

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

"Cliven Bundy and all his supporters are domestic terrorists".....Harry Reid

we aren't far behind.....ehhh

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: UxoriousMagnus

No kidding!

Remember how the US government came down on China for coming down heavy handed on protestors?

Remember how the US government came down on heads of state for censoring the internet?

I just wonder what country will come to our aid when OUR government does the same things they condemned other countries for doing??????

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: UxoriousMagnus

No kidding!

Remember how the US government came down on China for coming down heavy handed on protestors?

Remember how the US government came down on heads of state for censoring the internet?

I just wonder what country will come to our aid when OUR government does the same things they condemned other countries for doing??????

tyrants world wide are waiting with spittle in the corners of their mouths for America to fall......no moral compass....no high ground to point our fingers from......

all hell will break loose

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

In the course of Human History, events transpire which speak too all people,
and how the people respond too these unique tabs, footnotes,
gives one a sence of direction , in this sea of historic change.
For as the sea swells, and ebbs and rises,
so does both good and evil intention.
Hopefully the outcome is beneficial, and provides, sustanence,
to the future generation, and not shipwreck, and despair.

Me.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Very good question
And I doubt many will be jumping to our rescue

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
There definitely are people within the US government, probably in important positions in every administration, who would be willing to crackdown on the population by using military force, or militarized police forces. In my opinion there is only one thing that has stopped them thus far, and that thing is the 2nd amendment. I'm positive that, considering the government plans for just about any contingency they can think of, whether likely or not, they've held "paper" simulations of revolution in the United States. And I'm sure they would have come to the conclusion that once they begin to crackdown using violence, a movement will sweep the country and tends of thousands of armed civilians will want blood, and they have the means of getting it.

But if the people were not armed, there would be absolutely nothing they could do. The population does stand a chance against the modern US military, believe it or not, because the US government will be fighting on its own soil, amidst non-combatants. A guerilla force has certain advantages over a conventional force, as witnessed in many conflicts throughout the years. So I believe that the 2nd amendment is actually preventing violence in a way. I'm not saying it would happen immediately if guns were taken away, but it would be more likely to occur, and eventually would occur somewhere down the line.

If you look at the history of the US you realize that freedoms and rights are slowly being taken away, or simply ignored by those in positions of authority. A dangerous precedent has been set. And not only that, but also in ideas such as "national security," "terrorism," etc...Things are clearly pointing to the US government eventually declaring enemies of the state "terrorists." but "enemies of the state" will turn out to mean anyone who doesn't tout the "party line," as they say in (so called) Communist countries. My point is that things have been getting worse in this regard, so why should we expect things to suddenly get better? Especially when we know for a fact that people within the government have been talking about certain things that would nullify even more of our rights?

They haven't done most of those things yet, but the fact that these people will openly discuss ignoring or taking away the rights of the people should worry everyone. Like Jefferson said, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." I firmly believe that, and if the government is in the wrong, ie nullifying the rights given to us by our Constitution and Declaration of Independence, then the people are in the right, and have a duty to "throw off" the chains of their corrupt government.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I firmly believe that, and if the government is in the wrong, ie nullifying the rights given to us by our Constitution and Declaration of Independence, then the people are in the right, and have a duty to "throw off" the chains of their corrupt government. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nice speech. Why don't you tell that to the Attorney General so he-in person-can tell you where you can cram those "rights given to us by our Constitution and Declaration of Independence"

You see, AG Holder will decide what rights you have and what rights you don't. If you persist he will invite you to spend some time in a lovely dungeon 50feet under the Alabama Federal Correction Complex in Birmingham.

The office of Attorney General in America need a criminal to run it effectively-just look at the past few for proof of that-however General Holder has taken this to new heights. People are frighted at his uncompromising power. He could throw me in prison for the rest of my life with no trial much less being charged with anything.

So I keep my mouth shut. All you guys with your never ending tirades about lost freedoms should take it right to the top with your complaints. You never do just bla-bla-bla.

If you really want to change things that is where you should start-however in the interest of personal freedom I'll sit this one out. He doesn't know who you people are-yet.

new topics

top topics

join