It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not THORIUM ? one ton of thorium can produce as much energy as 3,500,000 tons of coal.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I work in power generation and I will put my name on the line to say there is NO conspiracy with regards to fossil fuels. I know this smacks in the face of lots of conspiracy theorists but i believe it.

I live in Australia and work for one of the largest energy companies here. I know most of the main players running this business and they are not focused on fossil fuels.

We have a renewable energy target (RET) which encourages a move away from fossil fuels. We are, along with Tesla, Samsung and others looking at battery technology to change the footprint of power distribution/generation via solar and wind and batteries.

We are running solar cars, charging batteries...its no stretch of the imagination that solar on most rooftops can create instant energy without the fossil fuel infrastructure, battery technology can reduce the need for power lines, fossil fuels become a back up.

Why would America go to war over oil? The petro dollar?

Actually would make much more sense for a Superpower to focus its efforts on NOT being reliable on a finite resource. Fuel needs logistics. If i were a cutting edge military I would be looking at what I could replenish in the field, Armed forces are surely not pushing the fossil fuel.

I dont know about thorium, but what I do know is that here in Australia, without Nuclear, we have more supply than demand.

<< 1  2   >>

join