It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Point Of Showing Any UFO Videos?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

Want to see something real? Go on Google Earth to area 51-10 miles N of Dogbone lake. Look W along the cliff. You will see an unusual feature of "molten wax" measuring 100 by 500 feet. Point with the little Man for the street view in the circular dark area. A weird picture of a cave will pop up (the same seen with a ship or your own house showing the floor as Google default of the night sky on the earth on the other side and the ceiling as the general shape of the roof ) This area corresponds to the location of the Star ship underground base as described by Charles Hall. The base was used by a group of albino alien troglodytes called the Tall Whites. Each month they landed at Dogbone lake and moved N to the base during the full moon and would leave 2 wks later. He could see this thru his telescope from bombing range near Dogbone lake while taking wind measurements with weather balloons. Another base is located 25 miles N and 15 miles SW where they lived underground as guests of the USAF. Now go to Kirkland AFB, White Sands, Dulci Mtn, Nelson BC find the same type of "caves" trace a line to area 51 and you can find the same structures every 50-100 miles. Maybe just a coincidence. You tell me. Location 37*04'15.06"N115*33'58.27" alt 8717

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Only if birds, advanced military craft, or CGI are possible explanations. Does it kill the buzz to point out these explanations? The thing is, since these are videos (which we know can be manipulated) and additional information about them is usually very scarce, do you think there is something wrong with the sceptical approach? Or do you just want to be able to accept them as evidence of ET (or your non-mundane source of choice). If that's the case, why are you bothered by these explanations? Why not simply reject them. There a many who have no qualms about doing so.

I think you missed my point. I'm not questioning the explanations of these videos or the validity of the debunking. It may be CGI, it may be an actual alien craft. What I'm saying is, since an overwhelming majority are so quick to refute the video opposed to crediting it to an actual alien presence then what's the point? I made that clear in my OP. If so many people are not in synch with alien visitation being a possible occurrence then I don't see what purpose these kind of threads have towards having a intelligent discussion. Threads like these turn into a pattern of "let's find every possible explanation other than this actually being an alien craft". Who wants to sift through/attempt to counter all of that? If people don't believe in extraterrestrial life or visitation, then it's no convincing them in this manner....especially with the multitude of ways that these videos can be refuted.

originally posted by:Halfswede

There could literally be an alien craft land in the middle of the Super Bowl, aliens get out, shoot lasers into the crowd, etc., and the next days and weeks would be 99.% of the people post-processing it away as if it was a dream.

Exactly. The only video that would suffice would be a video of someone of POTUS level status interrupting regularly scheduled programming with press conference level admission and disclosure.
edit on 20-4-2014 by TrueMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Youtube (and other sites too for that matter) has made people a lot more sceptical towards videos of so called UFO's, than they were just a few years ago. Especially since every kid with cgi skills can make something and put it out there.

And on top of that, forum trolls with multiple identities that can start an entire flaming war by themselves, so now people really don't know whats real anymore. It's confusing for many ppl who see the Internet as a resource for gathering information, but they don't know how to filter the information properly.

And then they end up spreading hoaxes themselves instead.

If people want good solid foundation to stand on in this field, its just one thing to do. Go back to basics and read books. Sure there are some lunatics writing books too, but it takes a whole lot more to get published than to upload a youtube video.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The default answer will always be an Earthly explanation. That is the starting point. You don't begin with thinking it's an alien craft and work backwards. That's because there has been nothing concrete to show alien beings have ever visited Earth. And remember, this is after many thousands of sightings, many dozens of claimed abductions, and after 60+ years of the popularity of this phenomenon. A one-on-one human and alien interaction on Earth going on for decades with no convincing evidence? Any logical thinking person should wonder why that is.

The burden of proof exists with the claimant. Especially when talking about alien piloted UFOs.

Also, many debunkers will give a rational explanation showing photographs or the like. It's not a situation where debunkers flood a thread saying it's not real without giving some type of explanation.

edit on 22-4-2014 by Ectoplasm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: QuantumDeath

The universe is said to be 13.82 billion years old. Scientists believe earth to be 4.54 billion years old (calculations could very well be flawed). Assuming amphibians came before reptiles, dinosaurs from more primitive reptiles. Our galaxy is too large to denounce the possibility of the springing of intelligent life before our existence came to be. Anything that old, however, has its reasons to stay away from creatures like us. You know I would.

Anything larger and ancient than what we represent now in the human race would be difficult to comprehend. If anything, I could speculate that they might have come and gone, who knows.

Yeah ETs could have been around for billions of years so it's hard to imagine their interest in us, although intelligent mammals are curious by nature so maybe they are too. Their technology is probably the only thing that's different between us, and I suppose their bodies will be genetically more advanced. Hard to say if they're telepathic but it would make sense. We have a very basic understanding of the universe, unfortunately, but maybe when we figure out dark matter things might make more sense. We are infants and perhaps some ETs feel obligated to help us limp along. I sure hope they start sharing some of their wisdom with us soon though.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
The vast majority of UFO videos are a waste because they are just extremely poor quality of blurry, out of focus, ordinary looking lights in the night sky. In all the videos posted to here and seen on Facebook, etc. I think that only a few have even been worth investigating. The best (in my view) turned out to be a police helicopter with a searchlight.

I do believe that some (maybe just a few) UFOs are or might be alien craft but I have to say, the more videos I watch and photographs I see posted, the more I realize just how minimal the video and photographic evidence there is to support the hypothesis that some UFOs are alien craft.

In addition, I doubt we will ever find any definitive proof of "ET" from videos or photographs, just because almost anything can be faked with CGI (and there obviously are a lot of deliberate UFO hoaxes created like the Jerusalem UFO, etc.)

Most of the evidence I find to be compelling are some of the old cases.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bluestreak53Want to see a 25 foot florescent bean shaped "Chinese lantern" hidden in the mountains 7.7 miles south of Puma Punka just west of Lake Titicaca in the Andes? Go to Goggle Earth 16*40'06.45S 68*43'22.07West. It is not swamp gas at 15,369 feet and in the snow. It leaves a shadow underneath so is not Venus. It illuminates the surrounding snow and makes the shadow of the rock overhead lighter than that of nearby rocks so is not a reflection off the camera of the satellite.LOL

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I dont really come to the forum looking for videos, if a definitive video ever becomes available, you wont need to come here. It will show up on the 6 o'clock news while going viral on the internet.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
In my opinion, the UFO/ET agenda is all about creating controversy, not collecting facts or evidence. If intelligent researchers have thrown in the towel on confirmation, then what is left? I say, believability is left, and it may be that the only criteria for a UFO/ET event to be perceived as real is believability.

A weary and longing world will very easily be convinced of the 'reality' of aliens through simple submission to the controversy that surrounded them up to the point of an actual visitation.

Ergo, any sufficiently sophisticated technology that is only one small step above any capacity to hoax or misinterpret, BECOMES the de-facto body of evidence by virtue of it simply not being disprovable.

A perfect environment for a deception.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: 111DPKING111
I dont really come to the forum looking for videos, if a definitive video ever becomes available, you wont need to come here. It will show up on the 6 o'clock news while going viral on the internet.

Yes....if by definitive you mean publicly announced by TPTB. Any other method is going to get shot down immediately and the race to debunk is going to look like a race in trying to obtain a Olympic gold medal.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: prodiffenon
In my opinion, the UFO/ET agenda is all about creating controversy, not collecting facts or evidence.

You should click the link in my sig and after reading then tell me what you think.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Well, the reason we NEED to post them is for scrutiny, yes most are CG/Military/mis-identification. Those that are clear are called CG, because it's too good to be real. The fuzzy/shaky ones, are called hoax's because of how they were done.
But still, you must have them, without them then we are only talking about theory.
To me, the most compelling have been "leaked" by NASA, you can't possibly believe they don't "want" us to know, when their mission is to explore. Now the Government and the Air Force don't want us to know, so they lean on NASA, heavily. Hence the "leaks" NASA puts out from time to time.
I don't even watch the ones, where it's just a light in the night sky? Because of the exact reason you say we shouldn't post them, there's no way to tell anything about it. It's just a light in the sky. I'm not sure if I have ever seen a good video from anywhere but NASA. Still, some of those that say they are from NASA clearly aren't.
You just have to take it all with a grain of salt.??.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
I will still look just to see what is being recorded out there that others are seeing in the sky. Still probably a small percentage of these videos, just cannot be explained. Most can, some cannot.

links?????

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
What's the point of debunking obvious fake videos if true believers are just gonna call you stupid or a government shill?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Good morning all,

I'm new here and I'm currently on my mobile so please forgive me for hijacking this thread so to speak but I can't seem to work out how to create a topic yet.

Anyways my mate has shared a video of a clear as day UFO which appears to of landed and the occupants are milling about now this all sounds far fetched and too good to be true but I can't find the source of the video only the original post on facebook.

Here's the link I hope it works as the guy hasn't set his profile to private.

facebook video

Basically I want to know where the footage came from and has anyone seen this before?

The camera appears to be on a tripod and when the craft takes off they have trouble following it into the air so I'm not sure looks likely to be cgi.

edit on 14-5-2014 by JorWhi because: tried to fix link

edit on 14-5-2014 by JorWhi because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2014 by JorWhi because: link

edit on 14-5-2014 by JorWhi because: all fixed

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DilligafMisfit
Totally in agreement with you. I too believe in the existence of extra-terrestrials. I cant say how many times I have clicked on a thread only to go through hundreds of posts claiming the thread to be a hoax or c.g.i. c'mon people you say you believe that we are not alone yet every shred of evidence posted is "debunked" or slammed as a hoax. "It's a rock!!!!!". At what point are we going to "deny ignorance" like the motto of this site and quit thinking: "If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck,sounds like a duck,...it must be a ROCK!? I know the proof is in the pudding but like the christians say, "Have faith".

the videos are all fuzzy,fake,blurry

i men not a single high definition video exists.

they are shaky,fuzzy blurry, poor resolution which is shocking considering a billion high definition cell phone camera exist.

i mean you get HD videos of everything else but UFO videos are always the same crappy videos.

this proves they are all hoaxes or just natural phenomena

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join