It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pets who have passed on...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

InhaleExhale

Akragon
reply to post by RomaSempre

Fear not... Our dearest friends live on!

Believe it...

Thanks for the link,

Will reply in that thread once the fountain of tears stops, got only 2 paragraphs in before the water works took over.

I know how you feel... but I truly believe we will see out pets again...

I made that thread a while back but I only post it when these threads pop up... I can't read the poem without breaking down in tears of Joy... even the thought of it makes me tear up

Much love my friend

edit on 15-4-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

RomaSempre
reply to post by SaturnFX

I agree with everyone else...that was very well said.

I have, in fact, adopted two beagles since Molly's passing. They're both rescues. One, a little girl named Carrie who came from Alabama. (I'm in Philadelphia). She was found as a stray shortly after a tornado ripped through Birmingham and put into a high kill shelter. She then made her way into a foster home through a rescue org and finally up here to her new home.

The boy is named Casey and he was abanodoned in North Carolina. He was negelcted and left at a spay/neuter clinic. I was told he'd never eaten dog food until he arrived at a shelter. He too is now living the good life in PA.

Some time after Molly had passed I started to get used to not having a dog around. That was a life I knew I didn't want and when I made the decision to rescue this time around.

In my eyes and I know in Carrie and Casey's eyes you are a hero.

I raise my glass to you

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I made that thread a while back

The timing of that thread of yours and another thread by member Australiana about her boxer passing (actually on the exact same day as my boy did) was actually mind blowing for me and helped a lot even though I only recently found them.

much love in return

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

VoidHawk
Would you suggest someone who's lost a child go out and find a replacement?

Your not getting a replacement, you will never replace a family member..even if you cloned him, it would be someone completely different...and someone just as worth being loved and loving.
Humans are capable of loving more than a single person in their life, and dogs love unconditionally (especially if you have bacon)...so, go for it. pick up a different little girl or guy and get to know them.

My girl is 11 now, and a pitt..so she will be leaving soon. I will be getting a new one. actually may get a new friend before she goes...would be nice to have a bit of time rubbing elbows with my girl

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lovebeck

Lovebeck I am so sorry, I know how painful it is to say goodbye to our furface family, I will always miss mine. Here's a hug and cry as much as you want, hugs are good for catching tears.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I have shared my life and love with so many beautiful pets and have had to say goodbye. We will always have our memories of laughter and love and special moments.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
It is sad to hear of everyone who has lost a pet because I understand how you must feel. Living on a small farm I occasionally have cattle that die and it is very distressing. We lost our 8 year dog 3 years ago and our family is still grieving I think. But there is nothing you can do except give another animal a good life. Cheers

top topics

<< 1   >>

join