It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wasn't looking for it, but a tear was just brought to me eye. Just thought I would share.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Kind of bored and decided to channel surf a bit. There was a show on animal prosthetic's and how it affects them and this was one of the stories.

I love the symbiotic nature of the dog and patient and how the Dog seems to...just know.

Be careful of what you look for. You may just find it. Crap! I hate feeling happy and sad at the same time.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

"Hug the dawg!" "Hug the dawg!"

You're a sweetheart. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone.

That video is happy and sad, isn't it?
I wouldn't want to live in a world without animals....they are SO much better than people!

S&F&hug
jacy

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I love it, TDawgRex. Really loved this part:

'We should judge people on the soul they bring to the world and not the physical appearance."

I say that kind of thing to my kids. They've grown up hearing this: Don't put so much stock in how you or others look because even the good attributes will fade with age or can be lost. What never fades is the quality of one's heart and that's where real beauty lies.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

reply to post by WhiteAlice

Getting all emotional in my old age. But I thought it was a great story nonetheless. I love animals and people, even though I may disagree with people quite often. But you can pretty much tell how a animal is by it's reaction to you. And it is a honest reaction.

Teeth bared...stay away.

Down low, ears relaxed, tail wagging (if it's a dog) and it's just coming up to say hi. I don't know why, I just seem to have more empathy with animals than I do people. For some odd reason, they seem to like me. The feeling is mutual.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

lol! It's okay--I'm old, too.
Totally relate to the animal and people thing fully. I shocked my daughter the other day when I admitted that I understood our cat better than both her and her brother combined sometimes. Animals wear their feelings out in the open. People, on the other hand, are a little more ambiguous and duplicitous--unfortunately.

She recovered from the blow but it gave her a shocked laugh.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I have seen other animals minus a limb, even two limbs without a prosthetic and they don't let anything get them down, they walk and run anyway. I noticed this dog didn't always rely on the prosthetic. Maybe it is still new to him. Animals are amazing and beautiful and our world is blessed to have them. Thanks for sharing this!

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Just one of many animals with missing limbs.

new topics

top topics

join