It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Rep. Mike Rogers: Crony Capitalist & Warfare State Benghazi Blowhard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I read this article, all I could think to say, You have got to be f,kin kidding me.

I must admit there was a slight chuckle in my tone.

They (Congressmen) don't give a rats about anything, untouchables...

For those of you who don’t know Congressman Mike Rogers, he is the Representative hailing from Michigan’s Eighth District. He is also one of the biggest blowhard, chicken-hawk defenders of unconstitutional NSA spying in all of Washington D.C.

Congressman Mike Rogers (R-Mich.), as Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, is charged with investigating the adequacy of security at the Benghazi compound prior to the September 11, 2012 terrorist attack.

His wife, Kristi Clemens Rogers was the president and the CEO of the company that was contracted by the State Department to provide that security!

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by keenasbro

With shady things that happen in the world, I tend to see a link between that person, and a family member that plays a part in some way.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Ya cant get much more brazen than that now can you....................

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
My head! My head! Please pass the duct tape, it is going to explode.
So now he will retire with a spiffy pension and become a radio talk show host. Someone in another thread mentioned bringing back the public stocks for these rascals. Sounds good to me.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by keenasbro

Nepotists all, and Michelle's friend got the billion dollar website contract.

I just don't get it, I grew up worrying about taking donations from listeners on a commercial free radio station for Pete's sake (I was a fool of course but, that was a different situation). The point being that I have always been concerned about the appearance of a conflict of interest much less an actual confict of interest.

edit on 10-4-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I certainly don't believe or support the left/right paradigm in the good 'ol USofA. Saying that, what really chaps my bee-hind about this subject is that despite all the hand wringing on both sides of the isle regarding Benghazi here we have a rethuglican impeding the investigation of his wife's company being in charge of security. I don't remember seeing anything about this on Faux News. Maybe someone can prove me wrong. Instead the right continues to crucify the left as the responsible party for the mess that was Benghazi.
Do I believe the left is innocent? Gawd no, only a fool believes the two partys are not in collusion on most things. I think the irony of the whole thing is over the top. What a coinkydink that Rogers is gonna bow out Palin style before the flames can get any hotter.
This story makes me think of Michael Chertoff going from Homeland Security to the head of the company supplying all the body scanners to keep us all safe frome the terrorists, to the tune of multi billion dollar contracts.
Its all so in your face that I truly am stunned that individually people still get caught up in the left/right paradigm so that collectively the farce is allowed to be still cranking right along.
I suppose too that this story relates to people investigating their own problems and then telling us there is nothing to see here. Sort of like Darryl Effing Issa being the head of House Oversight and Government Reform committee with his shady background, another story all of its own. A comedy of horrors really.
I'm glad this anus Rogers is no longer representing the state of Michigan at least. The irony that he was the head of the House Intelligence committee! House Intelligence committee! Isn't that an oxy-moron? I'm sure he is still laughing all the way to the bank.

join