It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britians first dog cloned after 60,000 contest .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Dachshund cloned in Seoul after owner wins competition advertised in UK offering procedure free of charge

First dog cloned!!britians first dog cloned after 60,000

In Britain they cloned the first dog!

Anyone remember the Arnold movie 7th day? It's pretty much the same process as repet. Except you get a puppy. Lol

So what do y'all think? Is it ethical? Is it a bad idea?
edit on 9-4-2014 by ArtemisE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This is an interesting development in the world of science!
But just because it CAN be done, doesn't mean it SHOULD.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

Yea I'm worried most about the clones allowing/causing a virus to mutate.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I so should start a thread about Arnold predictions in Hollywood.

In demolition man, a future movie, they said that Arnold becomes gov. Then pres. The governor part came true.

Then 7th day and repet com paired to this lol.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This is barking mad.

Sorry

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by fatpastyhead

Omg that was a bad joke! Lmao it was so bad it's funny... Hmm then I guess maybe not all bad!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The cloning of pets raises so many ethical issues: most cloned animals are born with deformities and illnesses and it takes several clones to get one right. Many animals are used as surrogate mothers to grow the embryos...etc.

I am against it for two reasons: first it's unnatural and it does not benefit society or animals at all.
Second: fear.....if they are openly cloning pets now (cats are next) when will it be legal to clone humans?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
perfect the process on animals, then down the line, find a way to grow a person without a head/brain for spare parts and transplant.

Sounds good to me.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Agarthawhen will it be legal to clone humans?

I would think once the process is flawless

I imagine having a clone baby would be all the rage for the egotist who simply wants another them to hand down their fortunes and such.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I don't think we should clone people or make them live longer till we can get off this planet and colonize the stars.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Yay for the rich people with nothing better to spend their money on.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

ArtemisE

Anyone remember the Arnold movie 7th day?
Is there a sequel out? I remember the movie called The 6th Day, but I never heard of the 7th day.

Anyway I agree with Arnold's character in the 6th day that cloning may not be such a great idea, but we may not be able to prevent it. There will be demand for cloned pets.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Sounds like 'Spares' by Michael Marshall Smith.

Spares - human clones, the ultimate health insurance. An eye for an eye, but some people are doing all the taking.

www.goodreads.com...

Pretty good book

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
If they're doing this now with animals, i'm sure in some dark labs somewhere they have already cloned some humans with 3 asses or some other such thing.

I once talked to a friend of a friend who is a geneticist about Dolly and I had asked him how the other animals behaved around it. He said there was no difference but i'm sure that there would have to be some problems...maybe not seen straight away.

I for one wouldn't clone any animal. As sad as it is when a pet dies, it's part of life and you just have to enjoy the time that you have with them as much as you can.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

SaturnFX
perfect the process on animals, then down the line, find a way to grow a person without a head/brain for spare parts and transplant.

Sounds good to me.

somebody has been watching "The Island"...

where he discovers that the "lottery" is actually a disguise to remove inhabitants from the compound, where the "winner" is then used for organ harvesting, surrogate motherhood, and other purposes for each one's sponsor, who is identical to them in appearance.

like it or not; I am of opinion that cloning of humans will be hard to avoid if it's haven't been already happening.

you know: military first.

oh yes, brave new world.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

PhoenixOD
Yay for the rich people with nothing better to spend their money on.

Waiting for they get genetic disease.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   

woodwardjnr

Sounds like 'Spares' by Michael Marshall Smith.

Spares - human clones, the ultimate health insurance. An eye for an eye, but some people are doing all the taking.

www.goodreads.com...

Pretty good book

Will have to check into it
No doubt its some horrible dystopian version of the idea though.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

demus

SaturnFX

Sounds good to me.

where he discovers that the "lottery" is actually a disguise to remove inhabitants from the compound, where the "winner" is then used for organ harvesting, surrogate motherhood, and other purposes for each one's sponsor, who is identical to them in appearance.

like it or not; I am of opinion that cloning of humans will be hard to avoid if it's haven't been already happening.

oh yes, brave new world.

Never heard of it...not that its some wild idea.
But I did add the whole no head/brain contingency. heh..bit less controversial that way when its just a bag of literally mindless spare parts.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

SaturnFX

demus

SaturnFX

Sounds good to me.

oh yes, brave new world.

Never heard of it...not that its some wild idea.
But I did add the whole no head/brain contingency. heh..bit less controversial that way when its just a bag of literally mindless spare parts.

yes you did!
so you solved the problem they face in the movie, thinking clones.
maybe it would be much easier to just grow the organs and tissue separately?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Lovely. Just one more thing people shouldn't be doing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join