It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two More Pings Heard From Missing Plane Search Site: New information.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Search equipment has detected two new signals that might be from missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, Australian authorities said Wednesday.

The two signals, both picked up Tuesday, yielded more than 12 minutes in transmissions, retired Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston told reporters at a briefing in Perth.

It comes from a man-made device, and it's consistent with the locator on a black box. But we've got to lay eyes on it.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Twelve minutes of transmission is alot longer than a lone ping.

Also since they are saying it is consistant with a black box ping, does this rule out other "pinging possibilities"?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Double post.

Sorry

edit on 9-4-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I think the Australian Authorities here should just stop talking until they actually find something, that will give us solid proof the plane went down in the ocean, we are still going to be left wondering even if nothing comes of this which i really hope it does, them poor families still getting no closure or solid info on what happened.. This would just be like another bit of false hope too them.....
Probably sounds silly me saying that but really there's been so many 'leads' but nothing solid at all.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Shana91aus
I think the Australian Authorities here should just stop talking until they actually find something, that will give us solid proof the plane went down in the ocean, we are still going to be left wondering even if nothing comes of this which i really hope it does, them poor families still getting no closure or solid info on what happened.. This would just be like another bit of false hope too them.....
Probably sounds silly me saying that but really there's been so many 'leads' but nothing solid at all.

They have to keep talking about it ... that'll get you to 'believe' they've found that jet 15,000 freakin' feet below the surface of the ocean.

You know they landed men on the Moon back in the '60s too, right? -wink wink- I gotta stop poking the bear!! Forgive me for that ATS!!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Shana91aus

While I understand where you are coming from and the intentions mean well,

If it were my family on board, I would want to know every breaking news story in regards to the matter. This being my opinion of course.

That's vital because the jet's "pingers" are already past the expected 30-day life of their batteries.

I mean this statement right here means that, if the pings are consistant with the black box and it is still transmitting, than there is hope that it still could be located in a shorter time than if it was not transmitting.

I know I could not get any sleep at night knowing that the black box is dead and it could take who knows how long to find it.

With that being said, I hope for the families sake that tgey narrow the search field down even further before the batteries die., after all this is the most promising news I have seen to date.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Shana91aus

bit of damned if you do damned if you dont..

if they didnt say anything people say they are holding secrets and trying to cover something up.. if they keep giving updates, its to make everyone believe what they say..

liejunkie01

Also since they are saying it is consistant with a black box ping, does this rule out other "pinging possibilities"?

i dont know how the pings work but reading from this

The signals, picked up twice—on Tuesday afternoon and late Tuesday, local time—were held for five and seven minutes, respectively: much shorter than an initial two hour transmission on Saturday.
online.wsj.com...

a ping lasts for a long time, im guessing to give a higher chance to be picked up but search crafts.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

liejunkie01

It's time for about 10 pings, but the UAB slows down as the battery wears down.

eta: The beacons will run for no less than 30 days. That doesn't mean that on midnight of day 30 they MUST fall silent. Just that they are guaranteed not to stop for 30 days for the service life of the unit. A fresh one will go for something like 90 days.
edit on 9-4-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Thank you for the info Choos and Bedlam.

I am also wondering about this statement.

Houston said indications were that the ocean floor in the vicinity of the Ocean Shield is very silty; silt absorbs sound, probably hindering the signal detection, search officials said.

Would this be considered because of the plane impacting the bottom and burying it partially, or the silt building up over time, or both.

I am on my phone and it is rally slow right now so I am having a hard time looking up info. I am just curious of the siltation(if that is a word) build up over the few days, to a month ago when the plane went down.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

liejunkie01

Search equipment has detected two new signals that might be from missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370, Australian authorities said Wednesday.

The two signals, both picked up Tuesday, yielded more than 12 minutes in transmissions, retired Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston told reporters at a briefing in Perth.

It comes from a man-made device, and it's consistent with the locator on a black box. But we've got to lay eyes on it.

www.nbcnews.com...

Ok so I haven't been keeping up with all the information on this flight but I thought I did know one thing. That one thing was the black box was turned "OFF". Am I wrong? If that is the case the only way it could be turned on is if someone flipped the switch. So either the plane landed and someone somehow turned the thing back on OR it crashed on some island and there are survivors that found it and turned it on.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

liejunkie01

I am on my phone and it is rally slow right now so I am having a hard time looking up info. I am just curious of the siltation(if that is a word) build up over the few days, to a month ago when the plane went down.

Doesn't have to be piled over the plane, just suspended in the water. Crap in the water causes attenuation and scattering.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

LightSource
Ok so I haven't been keeping up with all the information on this flight but I thought I did know one thing. That one thing was the black box was turned "OFF". Am I wrong?

Yes. The flight data recorder doesn't have an "OFF" and the beacons turn on when it's immersed or on impact or both.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSource

Transponders can be turned off and this one was turned off or went off.......

the black box can not be turned off, it only records the last 30 mins of what happened on the flight. The Flight Data Recorder records what happened on the plane through it's flight.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Bedlam

LightSource
Ok so I haven't been keeping up with all the information on this flight but I thought I did know one thing. That one thing was the black box was turned "OFF". Am I wrong?

Yes. The flight data recorder doesn't have an "OFF" and the beacons turn on when it's immersed or on impact or both.

I guess disabled would be a better word then off. In any case I thought they were disabled so how could they just turn back on their own.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

WhoDat09
reply to post by LightSource

Transponders can be turned off and this one was turned off or went off.......

the black box can not be turned off, it only records the last 30 mins of what happened on the flight. The Flight Data Recorder records what happened on the plane through it's flight.

WHAT? Only 30 minutes of recording. Are they using a little enclosed reel-to-reel recorder like the Mission Impossible assignments were recorded on? I think the one that was on the hijacked plane that crashed in Pennsylvania was crushed wasn't it? Wouldn't the same fate occur to one that's been under 14,000 feet of water pressure for 30 days?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

LightSource

I guess disabled would be a better word then off. In any case I thought they were disabled so how could they just turn back on their own.

The transponder and the flight data recorder aren't the same thing.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

Then are built to withstand ultimate temperatures, pressure, water etc...

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I totally get what you mean by that and ofcourse if my family were on board i'd want to know, but not in that way i'd prefer the authorities contacted me personally, not have to go check MSM for updates on leads that lead to not alot, but im just going on everything so far maybe this will be it.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Shana91aus
I think the Australian Authorities here should just stop talking until they actually find something,

I disagree on three counts.

1. The families and friends are looking for any hint and not telling them would be bad form. You could tell them individually, but then the news would get reported eventually. Therefore, best tell the story as it happens and from the horses mouth. This would avoid distortion and silly conspiracy theories popping up.

2. If it was unreported, then the Australian authorities would be criticised for covering it all up. Can you imagine how conspiracy theorists would react! A cover up!

3. I am interested, as are many people. I have a friends-brothers-daughter on HMS Echo.

Regards

new topics

top topics

join