It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blasphemy thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: AfterInfinity Well you would have to assume that it would only work for those on the fence. I hold no hope for you.
however one stronger in faith does and he let me borrow some.

No hope for me regarding what?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity regaurding your previous post suggesting the tactic would not work. Are you implying that you want to change your path?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

edit on 23-4-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)
Your self admitted blasphemous path of unbelief. Your words leave little room for most christians to hope for you.
edit on 23-4-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

a reply to: AfterInfinity regaurding your previous post suggesting the tactic would not work. Are you implying that you want to change your path?

What do you mean, change my path?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

reply to post by BuzzyWigs

my words carry much weight in unknown places in time and space where many will soon be. around 60million doomed is hardly a waste. perhaps i should do a repentance thread after my nightly grammer lessons.
Oh i get it now! You are trying to coax people into blaspheming because you think all who do will go to hell, and you are trying to get them there.

Now THAT is the christian way, if ive ever seen it.
Yea that has been stated by me and others numerous times in the thread. Another answer could be that i was trying to take some of the bs talk against the holy spirit away. because it ran so rampent here. however not a single user accused me of that. Maybe the spirit was searching for that paul like character i spoke of in another thread..Perhaps everyone just needs someone to hate.
So you openly admit that you are trying to coax people into doing something that you think will get them sent to hell.

YOU ARE TRYING TO SEND PEOPLE TO HELL. Yet you claim to be a christian.

Sounds far more like satan, if you ask me. Ya know, the great deceiver....

So many of you christians are the exact opposite of what you claim to be. Its downright disgusting.
edit on 24-4-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Your self admitted blasphemous path of unbelief. Your words leave little room for most christians to hope for you.

Absolutely. I have no problem with that.

edit on 24-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
One persons supposed 'blasphemy' is another persons truth. When I see people pointing at others and they yell 'Blasphemy!', I can't help but think of bronze-age type thought processes and it gives me a cold chill.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
To blaspheme against the Holy Spirit isnt just about calling names.
Only a true Christian with a relationship with God, with the Spirit can blaspheme against God.

generally it is considered if a Christian denies the Holy Spirits power and claims it as their own, or another spirits other than the Holy Spirit, knowing full well it is Gods Spirit, then the trouble begins.

So non believers cant blaspheme the Holy Spirit because they are not part of it.

(post by Jesuslives4u removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

I get your pain. It should be noted that since i made the thread many have dealt with the hate you are reading now in different ways and mostly for better but as we see it got the best of some. Time has a way of working things out. We are almost there.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u
I can not believe that no one knows what blasphemy of the Holy Spirit means. I quickly skimmed through the entire post and one guy came close and he was somewhat guessing at it.

I don't know if I should feel pity or anger (actually I am pissed) I have to bite my tongue. Many of you have shown you are not sons and daughters of God. It has taken me 15 minutes to get this far in my post and I still am not sure IF I want to tell you snakes. I hope your hate for me is great! Praise God.

I must pray and ask God if you even DESERVE to know. IF I answer it will be tomorrow....

BTW: Good news for you atheist and agnostics - the Holy Spirit told me to stop wasting my time on this site. HE did not forbid it so I have one more thread to make and then you will have my silence..... for awhile.

Tonight I see clearly who SOME of you are.

and I can see why so many hate Christians if you answer like that.

You are filled with anger and pride, clearly no compassion, love and generosity of spirit.

Your words show that you have no fruit of the Spirit

God bless you, you need Gods blessing

Be watching at all times, therefore, and praying that you will be worthy to escape from these things which are going to occur, and to stand before The Son of Man.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

I can not believe that no one knows what blasphemy of the Holy Spirit means. I quickly skimmed through the entire post and one guy came close and he was somewhat guessing at it.

I don't know if I should feel pity or anger (actually I am pissed) I have to bite my tongue. Many of you have shown you are not sons and daughters of God. It has taken me 15 minutes to get this far in my post and I still am not sure IF I want to tell you snakes. I hope your hate for me is great! Praise God.

I must pray and ask God if you even DESERVE to know. IF I answer it will be tomorrow....

BTW: Good news for you atheist and agnostics - the Holy Spirit told me to stop wasting my time on this site. HE did not forbid it so I have one more thread to make and then you will have my silence..... for awhile.

Tonight I see clearly who SOME of you are.

and I can see why so many hate Christians if you answer like that.

You are filled with anger and pride, clearly no compassion, love and generosity of spirit.

Your words show that you have no fruit of the Spirit

God bless you, you need Gods blessing

Be watching at all times, therefore, and praying that you will be worthy to escape from these things which are going to occur, and to stand before The Son of Man.

You know if I used the words that Christ used when he spoke to the Pharisees or to the Sadducees my post would be removed GUARANTEED and possibly my account deleted by ATS. The same goes for what the prophets spoke. Look how upset Christ was when he cleared the temple yard .... he BEAT (whipped many with a belt) some of the men and destroyed their business. Fruit of the Spirit does NOT mean to be a whimp or ignore what is VERY wrong. Love this....love that..... what about those who hate God or those who do not believe? What about those who blasphemy and mock God? Tell me what is the teaching for this? Do you treat these HATERS as you would a brother or sister in Christ? If someone does then that person is a fool. What is that called by the way? Hypocrites!

What do you think is going to happen when Christ returns? Do you think he is going to turn the other cheek as he preached in the past?

What did Christ say before he ascended....... you must now carry a sword! Not run around with bald heads beating on a drum acting like some Hari Krishna.

When talking with brothers and sisters in Christ I do with LOVE ........ NOT with hateful disbelievers.

Again there are many POSERS and wannabe Christians that are not Christian. This site is FULL of them.

HELL is FULL of people who claimed to be Christian. Are you Christian? Are you will to stand against those who hate your God, mock your God with blasphemy? Pick a side.

Brother, (Sister) in Christ, now I tell you ...... STAND YOUR GROUND AND DO NOT WAVER! Grow a set of balls!

I understand what you say......BUT you DO NOT understand what I say.

I am not here to make friends..... I am here in hope to help ..... even if one lost soul is saved.... I have accomplished more than most!
This is NOT ego........ this is LOVE.

God bless you.
edit on 26-9-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

You know if I used the words that Christ used when he spoke to the Pharisees or to the Sadducees my post would be removed GUARANTEED and possibly my account deleted by ATS. The same goes for what the prophets spoke. Look how upset Christ was when he cleared the temple yard .... he BEAT (whipped many with a belt) some of the men and destroyed their business. Fruit of the Spirit does NOT mean to be a whimp or ignore what is VERY wrong. Love this....love that..... what about those who hate God or those who do not believe? What about those who blasphemy and mock God? Tell me what is the teaching for this? Do you treat these HATERS as you would a brother or sister in Christ? If someone does then that person is a fool. What is that called by the way? Hypocrites!

What do you think is going to happen when Christ returns? Do you think he is going to turn the other cheek as he preached in the past?

What did Christ say before he ascended....... you must now carry a sword! Not run around with bald heads beating on a drum acting like some Hari Krishna.

When talking with brothers and sisters in Christ I do with LOVE ........ NOT with hateful disbelievers.

Again there are many POSERS and wannabe Christians that are not Christian. This site is FULL of them.

HELL is FULL of people who claimed to be Christian. Are you Christian? Are you will to stand against those who hate your God, mock your God with blasphemy? Pick a side.

Brother, (Sister) in Christ, now I tell you ...... STAND YOUR GROUND AND DO NOT WAVER! Grow a set of balls!

I understand what you say......BUT you DO NOT understand what I say.

I am not here to make friends..... I am here in hope to help ..... even if one lost soul is saved.... I have accomplished more than most!
This is NOT ego........ this is LOVE.

God bless you.

I think when Christ returns Christ will bring judgement to those outside of Him.
You are not Christ and you may well be judged outside of Him.

Go read the Sermon on the Mount.

You are His subject, so go read what Christs demands of you.

The sword you claim as a weapon, thats a very poor understanding of the laws and politics of Christs time.
Do I want to explain to you why you are so wrong, are you worth it, should I waste my time on someone so ignorant, (trying to reflect how you spoke down to others)

Of course I will.

Second, "For I tell you, this scripture must be fulfilled in me: ‘And he was numbered among the lawless’" (Luke 22:37). By far the clearest purpose of the two swords is Jesus’ reference to Isaiah’s prophecy (53:12). He was destined to be arrested like a criminal, put on trial like a criminal, and even crucified like a criminal (but his arrest, trial, and execution were based on false evidence. He did nothing but good.) Yet, he was hung on the cross between two thieves, which is also a fulfillment of Isaiah’s prophecy (Luke 23:32; 39-43). What are criminals known for carrying with them? Weapons, and to be numbered among criminals, Jesus must also have weapons. That is why he said that only two swords would be enough—to fulfill this prophecy. Also, Matthew mentions fulfilling prophecy (26:54). If Peter had kept on physically using the sword to prevent Christ’s arrest, prophecy would not have been accomplished smoothly and without hindrance. Jesus says that he could call on twelve legions of angels to protect him, meaning he is destined by God to die; he was not permitted to stop even the mighty Roman Empire from fulfilling its role (Matt. 26:53). That is why Jesus told Peter to put his sword back in its place (Matt. 26:52). And in Luke he says to Peter after the disciple cut off an ear, "No more of this!" (22:51).www.answering-islam.org...

So to be arrested like a criminal and executed, Christ had to be treated as a criminal, sedition, caught with a gun in hand, leading a rebellion.

The sword was a prop intended to to give the authority's reason to charge Him.
Read how Jesus healed the injured servant Peter struck.
Common sense.

Go study Gods word, Jesus died for the haters
edit on b2014Fri, 26 Sep 2014 19:41:57 -050093020145pm302014-09-26T19:41:57-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

If i create a website that convinces many to go out and die for me am i responsible for their deaths as much as i would be if i took a sword and done it myself?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

If i create a website that convinces many to go out and die for me am i responsible for their deaths as much as i would be if i took a sword and done it myself?

I dont understand what you are trying to imply.

Yes and no to that answer. There has to be a balance between the advocatee of violence and the individual who decides and then carries out their own action.
To lay the blame on any one individual is a little naive.
The legal system in most cases holds both parties responsible

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

you got the jist of the question. The ole sword and pen debate. We certainly do not have a shortage of people arming themselves in the event that upon Jesus return he needs some help.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

This may have already been said already, but you cannot commit the "blasphemy of the holy spirit" right now. If was only possible while Jesus Christ was here on earth working His miracles. And it was said directly to Jesus. As you might have noticed....Jesus is not here on earth right now...thus no way to commit the blasphemy of the holy spirit.

The problem was people were saying Jesus was casting out evil spirits through the power of the devil. This sin cannot be committed right now. It may be committed in the millennium when Jesus is here physically ruling from Jerusalem. (after the anti-christ's rules from Jerusalem for 3 1/2 years first....don't follow the wrong Christ mind you...)
edit on 27-9-2014 by KJVBible because: i can

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I'm not sure why someone who says they are Christian would be tempting people to do something that they believe would lead to them being tortured for all eternity. I'm pretty sure that's Satan's work and not the work of a Christian according to the bible.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
If the holy spirit is with a person and someone else if following the ways of denial and attempting to cast down the character of a person that has the spirit upon them then who is really being blasfiemed against? In todays world we tend to cast down many without knowing exactly who the person is. I do not want to see a world where people are afraid to speak their minds but there has to be a balance because the fury of the spirit is great and works from a place we know not.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Blasphemy base meaning is slander ,contempt for a persons name(nature and character).The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is not “perceiving” the nature and character (the name) of who and what the creator God is ....Spirit..LIFE.They Those who do NOT … can NOT be FORGIVEN in this age(the material realm) nor the next(the realm of death).The key is “forgiveness” does NOT mean pardoned from guilt.NONE are being pardoned from guilt( contrary to what many falsely believe ) EVERYONE is 100% accountable for ALL they do(the meaning of guilt).

Forgiveness means freed from bondage.That bondage is to their Belief System religion.It is “perceived” through their religious carnal mind which is satan..the adversary that is in enmity (and enemy) of the creator God.This is ALL the ENEMIES of the creator God that will be put under their feet and eradicated….. not some “evil being” named Satan and their minion demons.

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is axiomatic.It is essentially WHY the “many are called” can NOT “know” the creator God because it is not their nature and character to do so because they do not KNOW the creator God.It is their nature and character to “believe” their Belief System religion where THEY are the their God they made in their own image.This makes it impossible to “know” the creator God.

The evidence of their Belief System religion is in such doctrines of men as “the eternal punishment of hell”.Which is the ultimate imperception of the nature and character of the creator God.This is the root cause of a multitude of perverted beliefs by the religious carnal mind because they stand in judgement as the creator God of something that is the most significant lie believed by man....that the creator God is an unjust monster and would torture mercilessly without justice .

The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit has been hung over “the gentiles”(unbelievers) head as a threat of the eternal punishment of hell yet it is what Yahoshua said in Matthew 7.Judge not or you WILL be judged with the same judgement.Fortunately BOHS is not fatal.Paul called the “cure” of it being saved as through fire.Everything is “burned” up (the hay and stubble) except the person.Yahoshua called it the eternal(which means age) fire.John was told it was the lake of fire. In other words BOHS is not a one time act it is the natural state of someones being(their name).All of those that are in that state are completely oblivious to it in one form or another.

edit on 28-9-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join