It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VOTE: Jesse Jackson to Call For Election Investigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Reverend Jackson and his Rainbow / Push Coalition civil rights group want to point out that Ohio is still undergoing the official count, he said Thursday. Jackson is questioning whether enough voting machines where provided in inner precincts and if fraud had occurred in counties that use electronic machines. Lawyers are going to challenge the results as soon as they become official, they will also represent voters who cast ballots Nov. 2. Ohio Republican Party Chairman Bob Bennett claimed the challenge to be absurd and a waste of taxpayer�s money

www.onnnews.com
Reverend Jesse Jackson Plans Rally With Ministers To Call For Election Investigation

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The Rev. Jesse Jackson said he plans a Sunday rally in Columbus with ministers from around Ohio to call for an investigation of election irregularities in the state.
Jackson and his Rainbow/PUSH Coalition civil rights group want to call attention to the fact that votes in Ohio are still undergoing the official count, he said Thursday. Jackson also is questioning whether enough voting machines were provided in inner-city precincts and whether fraud could have occurred in counties that use electronic machines without paper records of ballots.
President Bush beat Democrat John Kerry in Ohio by about 136,000 votes, according to the unofficial tally. Kerry conceded there were not enough outstanding votes to sway the election his way. Counties have until Dec. 1 to complete their official counts, including verification of 155,337 provisional ballots cast in the state

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I find it ironic that the American heads have been turned to the elections in the Ukraine. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

[edit on 26-11-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Kind of makes you wonder if the Ukraine election scandal was created by the US in order to get its citizens distracted from the massive voting scandal at home.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Nothing is said or nothing happens which does not benefit our man in the White House.
Jesse Jackson wont accomplish a darn thing. He's always front and center in order to be in the headlines.
I have no respect for the fool.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It seems like everyone I talk to has no respect for him. Didnt he run for office or possibly president some time back?

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Jesse Jackson is a self-serving fraud who suffers the effects of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and thrives on media attention and the millions he gets by shaking down corporations, i.e, he's a crook.

For example:

Jesse Jackson Chases After NASCAR
NASCAR Gives Thousands to Jackson Nonprofits
by Peter Flaherty
Posted May 4, 2003

The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing also known as NASCAR is the nation�s no. 1 spectator sport and the no. 2 television sport, but how many NASCAR fans know it is a financial supporter of the Rev. Jesse Jackson?

In 2001, Jackson announced he had "brokered" a deal involving Dr. Pepper�s sponsorship of a black-owned NASCAR racing team. NASCAR executive Brian France and NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt, Jr. have both taken part in conferences sponsored by Jackson�s nonprofit group Rainbow/PUSH.

Last July, NASCAR co-sponsored Jackson�s largest annual event, a conference convened by several Jackson nonprofits, the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition and Citizenship Education Fund. NASCAR was one of 23 " Platinum " sponsors, a designation that cost $100,000, along with such long-time Jackson corporate backers such as Coca-Cola, Citigroup and McDonalds.

The relationship of Jackson to NASCAR is instructive. Jackson has a history of threatening major corporations that he claims have discriminated against African-Americans and then winning large contributions from them. Less well known is his influence in the world of sports.

www.humaneventsonline.com...

www.bushcountry.org...

www.cnsnews.com...

www.nlpc.org...

[edit on 04/11/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You have no argument from me there!

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Jesse Jackson Chases After NASCAR

Hmmm. I also read here on ats that the US Military is somehow using NASCAR to recruit grunts.

Can't comment on Jackson's credibility but looks like he's fair game - he's in the public eye and he opposes Bush. Duck, Jesse.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
At least, the Black Community is waking up.

It appears to be taking the White Middle Class somewhat LONGER to get it.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Jesse Jackson is a self-serving fraud who suffers the effects of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and thrives on media attention and the millions he gets by shaking down corporations, i.e, he's a crook.

You beat me to it Grady!

Jesse Jackson like he means anything?

Has he paid his monthly payments to his mistress and child yet?

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Sexual propagation is not the same crime as omnicide and tyranny.

They're not even on the SAME PAGE.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Have you seen the government do anything without making significant mistakes? Everytime I have dealt with them they make mistakes and take too long to accomplish anything. Remember the saying "Good enough for government work;". Why anyone would think something as big as a national election wouldn't be riddled with mistakes is foolish. But I am sure in this election no matter the errrors would not change the result. Anyway the GAO is looking into it already. As if the GAO will get it right. Jackson is just keeping his face out there so he can think he is a power broker for a minority. Unfortunately, he has lost any chance of having an impact on anything.

new topics

top topics

join