It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passing gas 101: What your flatulence patterns mean for your health!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Passing gas: Everybody does it – and no one wants to admit it.

This embarrassing habit may seem foul, but breaking wind is simply an unavoidable byproduct of our daily digestion. In fact, the average individual can pass gas anywhere from 13 to 21 times a day. But your gaseous patterns can actually speak volumes about your health, especially in regards to your eating habits, and they may even serve as an indication of larger digestive health issues.

“People who produce excessive amounts of gas and particularly foul smelling gas – if you’re eating a super high fiber diet, that could be part of it,” Dr. Anish Sheth, a gastroenterologist in Princeton, N.J., told FoxNews.com. “But if it’s something that’s persistent, and your significant other is noticing it, it could be a problem.”

Gaseous origins

Gas as a symptom

Source: www.foxnews.com...

Okay, like the article starts off with.....

For me, before I had a major health event, I ate red meat like it was the last day of it. And now I eat Chicken and Turkey.
The difference was overwhelmingly better-for this topic. Matter of fact, everything there works a heck of a lot better.

AND< I had 17 pulips removed-prior to the medical event. The last check NONE-for a fews years now.

So, take heed and be careful & knowledgable of what you are eating, especailly if you are the one guy who seceretlyl stinks up the whole room!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I just had to post this cartoon:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
lol guys

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
HA HA HA ... I was just thinking about this the other day because I occasionally buy Raisin Bran and the gas begins .. ROLMAO ... on a side note .... if you are having trouble pooping .... while sitting on the toilet lift your hands over your head and grasp your wrist and pull up ...... It really helps you dump ... so to speak .....

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Very interesting topic.

Yummy, yummy, yummy I love Cartman's farts in my tummy!

Reminded me of it!

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Farting on command.

edit on 1/4/14 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I'm a lady. We gets ours with the hormones.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This is still one of the funniest spots that I have ever seen in a movie...

Came to my mind on this topic as I was thinking about the ones when you try
a little too hard....

Tsk Tsk Tsk Tsk...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
My farts never smell.. But they're very loud and hilarious!
Is there a medical explanation for this?
And btw, I have a very keen sense of smell..

"I can't help it, if I'm lucky.."
-Bob Dylan

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Right on about gas indicating a medical problem. Hubby had lots and lots of foul smelling clouds following him where ever he went. Finally was able to convince him to make small changes in his diet. Turns out that he is lactose intolerant and gluten sensitive. He does well until he has a glass of milk or a donut and then even the dog walks out the room.

top topics

join