It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Cramp-like Pain in Leg After Meditating?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

I neglected to see this reply. Thanks for that compliment. I think that politeness and willingness to see other people and their comments as above yourself (one part of this is the willingness to admit that you made a mistake, but that doesn't apply here as no one called me out on any mistakes) as a much underestimated component to critical thought.

I sure will keep you posted. Stay subscribed to this thread. Thanks. I may also post a future thread on meditation if that's what you meant. Thanks again.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Just an update to Serdgiam. Out of desperation, I googled mindfulness meditation, and found a good guided meditation that helps you be aware of your breath. It seems that the key is to pay attention to where your breath is inside your body (I heard this elsewhere, as well). While using this guided meditation, I had the most relaxed, and seemingly effective meditation that I have ever had. So the good news is that it seems like I'm on the road to meditating the right way. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

Thats excellent!

The only thing to remember is that its not about your perception of the breath (where it is, etc), but awareness of what is already there. The perception grows naturally on its own.

If we get too wrapped up in our own perceptions, then its a maze that only leads deeper into our own minds. The key is remembering that there is a whole world out there beyond your perceptions.

It is interacting, alive, and waiting. Only thing we need to do is become aware of it. Simple, very simple. But, not so easy...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Do you think it would make sense to be aware of your breath when you're not meditating? I don't know if this would make a difference.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio

Do you think it would make sense to be aware of your breath when you're not meditating? I don't know if this would make a difference.

Absolutely

It is part of your being, so awareness of it is always available.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Wow, thanks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join