It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams Are Bizzare Around Full Moon, Perfect Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Researchers discovered that people's dreams were especially bizzarre around the time of a full mood. Odd. Now if that didn't interest you, the rest sure will.

Apparently experiments were shown that you can create your perfect Dream.

In 2010, Professor Wiseman teamed-up with app developers YUZA to create 'Dream:ON' -- an iPhone app that monitors a person during sleep and plays a carefully crafted 'soundscape' when they dream. Each soundscape was carefully designed to evoke a pleasant scenario, such as a walk in the woods, or lying on a beach, and the team hoped that these sounds would influence people's dreams. At the end of the dream, the app sounded a gentle alarm and prompted the person to submit a description of their dream.

The app was downloaded over 500,000 times and the researchers collected millions of dream reports. After studying the data, Professor Wiseman discovered that the soundscapes did indeed influence people's dreams.

Richard Wiseman, professor in the Public Understanding of Psychology at the University of Hertfordshire, said: "If someone chose the nature landscape then they were more likely to have a dream about greenery and flowers. In contrast, if they selected the beach soundscape then they were more likely to dream about the sun beating down on their skin."

In addition, the researchers discovered that people's dreams were especially bizarre around the time of a full moon.

As a lucid dreamer, I rarely am able to take control of my own dreams before. I've just recently just started getting back into meditating to learn to better control my dreams.

I've had three experiences with Out of Body or Astral Projection, whichever you would like to call it. Two - I slowly came out of my body as if I stood up and the other where I got thrown out of my body and ended up crashing against my 'astral plane wall' which had the exact same layout of the bedroom I was in, where my bed was etc.

The 1st time it happened was when I woke up in a lucid dream. I decided to go to my bedroom and saw me laying down, and even my dog was sitting where exactly he was.

I believe it's easier to slip into dreamstates with audio music, like those of binueral beats and such. Trick is to spirtually be in tuned with it, and to completely give yourself to the unknown without fear. Don't expect it to be easy. The only reason why I haven't accomplished it peroperly is because a lot of people are simply not ambitious enough, or maybe they simply don't realize true potential of the mind, and spirit.

Thanks for reading.

Source

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

The presence of the moon has a dramatic physical impact on the Earth itself. To deny it could have any effect on the physical body of a human is simply ignorant. Physiological effects can lead to mental effects.

If you want to run your own little experiment on yourself, you can. Fix your diet for a week. Calibrate your scale. Weigh yourself four times a day ... while maintaining strict control of what you're putting in and letting out of your body. Record the results. You'll be surprised if you correlate what you've recorded in contrast to where the moon is in relation to the Earth. All sorts of fun!!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I keep a dream diary and I note the phases of the moon! My dreams are totally crazy around the Full Moon!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Thanks for posting. Definitely true.
Many times my brain has incorporated external room noises into an ongoing dream scenario. OR
Maybe the dream started from the external noise only to realize it was an actual sound when awakened. Hope that make sense.

BTW No full moon needed. Usually it just happens and I recognize it upon waking. Occasionally I can actively choose to incorporate external noises into a dream. I've yet to create a "perfect dream" out of noisy dishes, alarm clocks or dogs barking.

edit on 27-3-2014 by Bachrk because: yeah still babbling

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Bachrk

Thanks for posting. Definitely true.
Many times my brain has incorporated external room noises into an ongoing dream scenario. OR
Maybe the dream started from the external noise only to realize it was an actual sound when awakened. Hope that make sense.

That is definitely true, I had a fantastic dream about being in a tropical waterfall only to realize that it was February so I woke up finding my house completely flooded from a broken pipe. Doh!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Sometimes I fall asleep with the TV on. At some point the shows are replaced with infomercials. I wake up pissed because in my dream I can't seem to stop vacuuming.

Finds remote, Click!

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I have noticed my dreams are a bit unusual around the full moon. I keep a dream journal and like some others, noticed the pattern with the moon. It's pretty crazy the effect the moon has on us, it's both beautiful and powerful.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
That's interesting. A few people here confirmed the strangeness of full moods during dreams. I never kept track of my dreams through moon phases. Might be interesting to look into it, which I for sure will be doing.

I thought it would be a good ides to include a link to a chart on daily charted moon phases. Looks like the next full moon won't until April 15th. Looks like I have some time to continue practicing lucid dreaming techniques.

Moon Phases

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I do remember a particular instance where i slept under direct moonlight of a full moon, and i had a kreepily real dream of a zombie like figure outside my window

i guess the emporer likes to catch people under the moonlight and feed them kreepy star wars waves of doom

new topics

top topics

join