It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem retreat? Reid mulls dropping controversial IMF provisions from Ukraine bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is considering dropping controversial provisions from a Ukraine aid bill amid objections from Republicans, a senior Democratic aide confirmed to Fox News.

The language in question pertains to the International Monetary Fund. Senate Democrats and the Obama administration have pushed for the changes, but Republicans say they could reduce U.S. clout in the international lender while increasing the exposure of U.S. taxpayers -- Republicans also argue the changes do not belong in the Ukraine bill in the first place.

Reid and his fellow Democrats succeeded in advancing Senate legislation, which includes both IMF changes and Ukraine aid, on Monday. But even if the measure passes the Senate, the IMF issue remains a sticking point with the Republican-controlled House.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Dem retreat? Reid mulls dropping controversial IMF provisions from Ukraine bill

Looks like this Ukraine/Crimea/Russia is mostly a planned international banker "overhaul" of the economy in Ukraine.

One big re-distribution/exploitation scheme.

The U.S. government is trying to get the loans pushed through legislation and some in government appear to want a heavier burden on U.S. taxpayers.

Classic thesis, antithesis, synthesis Hegelian dialectic.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I guess I do not understand what the big deal is. My understanding is that it is shifting money from one place to another and we are the only country who has not agreed. It is still a tax for the american people.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Considering the other option Putin's offer of a multi billion dollar loan I cant see why US tax payers wouldn't want to jump on either option /sarc

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
So now one side doesnt like it when the other side sneaks something into a bill again. They both do it all the time and it is always bullcrap. Both sides need to stop doing it. And start doing something worth doing for us .

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

JHumm
So now one side doesnt like it when the other side sneaks something into a bill again. They both do it all the time and it is always bullcrap. Both sides need to stop doing it. And start doing something worth doing for us .

I'm sure the two most powerful organized crime cartels on the planet will get right on that.

top topics

join