It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What dreams mean to me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I just want it known that I'm in no way an expert, and what I put down is my opinion. In a general sense, I view dreams in several ways.

1. As entertainment for when we sleep. Our bodies need rest to repair and replenish itself. The mind needs rest as well. Dreams are the mind's rest.

2. Dreams are a way to predict things. If you understand remote viewing and how it works, dreams may be a subconscious way to remote view. I think it is a way to tap into the future or future events.

I have things called Deja Vu, which is something that you experience, and you don't know how or why but you've experienced it before. I can only remember 10 to 25% of my dreams. The rest just get erased from my memory and I have no recollection of them at all. I feel that I must have dreamt something but I just can't recall. Here is the weird part. When I have a Deja Vu, I immediately get the feeling I dreamt it before for some reason. I believe that a lot of the dreams I can't remember wind up becoming Deja Vus.

3. The mind has an unresolved problem of some kind and works overtime to solve it. I can remember doing math problems in some dreams. Others I remember working with a printed circuit board of some sort. Those are two fields completely unrelated to my current job.

4. I dream about those I've lost. I think I miss them much and when I dream I want my heart's desire, which is to get them back.

I have vivid dreams in HD. Some are in Technicolor, some in black and white and shades of gray. I grew up in the 60s so we didn't have color tv till the mid 60s. Some tv shows broadcast in color some didn't. I think that's why I dream in B&W sometimes. You probably are asking how do I know I dream color if don't remember a lot of them. Well honestly mine are kind of violent, some of the ones I remember have had blood. That's how I know. I also remember seeing green grass and blue sky from time to time. You ever see that Windows desktop with rolling hills and blue sky with a few clouds? I dream about that kind of stuff sometimes.

So tell me your dreams...interesting! Just kidding. You think someone or something can Jack your dreams? You think they can use your brainpower to conduct research while you are asleep, like the SETI project uses unused computing capacity for their research? You think they can tell you what to dream? Well enough for now, please let me know what you dream and how. You don't need to get specific. Later...
Troy Lawson

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by troylawson

I think there are so many multiverses, that perhaps some of our dreams are our spiritual experiences in those multiverses.

I say that because many people had dreams of the same places, the same events, which points to the conclusion that perhaps some of us dream in common universes.

An ATSer made the same observation:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 24-3-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by troylawson

I believe that the vivid dreams in color are 'the higher plane' or collective consciousness.

There are ordinary dreams that I have had and then there are the vivid ones that really stay on/in my mind.

the vividness is surreal, bit like seeing colors on a TV or PC that your eyes have never seen so it becomes more than typical. I remember when I was a child and had these vivid dreams and the color of them were of the same quality we have/see on our TVs nowadays.

that is fascinating.

new topics

join