It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Babe I am going to leave you...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

ok just listening and watching you tube music and noticed at 2:05 to 2.18 of video, there has been inserted into old pics of Led Zeppelin pictures of a crop circle.

Interesting... I wonder if they know we something we don't? = "calling me back home"

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Things that make you go "hmmm..."

Led Zeppelin loved playing around with symbolism... so what were they trying to say with that particular picture ?

The picture is from their boxed set compilation made in 1990:

And here's what Jimmy Page said in an interview about the album:

Oh, I'm now fully aware of the mark Led Zeppelin made on the musical landscape. My awareness was re-heightened when we were remastering the material to do that CD box set in 1990. When you hear it all, song after song, you realise what a textbook it is for musicians who are coming along, and that's so great. The whole thing is about passing it on, because that's how it was done for me when I was learning from all those old blues and rockabilly records. It's all part of how this cultural phenomenon keeps moving on. I think everyone carries the flame on.

edit on 23-3-2014 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

Edit to add source link
edit on 23-3-2014 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
For those interested ... an old thread of mine -

ATS Thread - That Led Zepplin Devil Worship Thread

Ya'll might find this discussion interesting.

All Hail Jimmy Page!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Crop Circles were really popular in 1990. Everyone was talking about them, they were all over the news. Led Zeppillin have always been into mysterious topics. So its what I`d expect from them on a 1990s Album.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

love you Flyers Fan... but since when has crop circles got anything to do with devil worship?

1990 compilation was well before they produced that song... just seems interesting.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

but since when has crop circles got anything to do with devil worship?

Since when has crop circles got anything to do with aliens/ufo's?
Their man made, so surely this is in the wrong forum?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

mowing devil

1678 pamphlet on the "Mowing-Devil".
A 17th-century English woodcut called the Mowing-Devil depicts the devil with a scythe mowing (cutting) a circular design in a field of oats. The pamphlet containing the image states that the farmer, disgusted at the wage his mower was demanding for his work, insisted that he would rather have "the devil himself" perform the task. This is, however, not a historical precedent of crop circles because the stalks were cut down, not bent. The circular form indicated to the farmer that it had been caused by the devil.

In the 1948 German story Die zwölf Schwäne (The Twelve Swans), a farmer every morning found a circular ring of flattened grain on his field. After several attempts, his son saw twelve princesses disguised as swans, who took off their disguises and danced in the field. Crop rings produced by fungi may have inspired such tales since folklore holds these rings are created by dancing wolves or fairies.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

I don't believe all known crop circles were man-made.

OT:
I still crank Tangerine-Led Zep. I love that song! As far as them knowing stuff we don't; Who knows? I'd say that it's just something cool for an album cover. Symbolism in music has always been rampant-reference The Beatles album covers
edit on 23-3-2014 by Fylgje because: correct

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

that is still a contentious issue. It has not been proved that crop circles are man made.

reply to post by SLAYER69

wow... that could very well be the first evidence of a crop circle?
edit on CDT10uSun, 23 Mar 2014 10:26:48 -05002648am81 by Thurisaz because: add reply

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Although its a circle and its in crops, its not actually a crop circle per se
From your quote:

This is, however, not a historical precedent of crop circles because the stalks were cut down, not bent

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Perhaps they just like the fact that a Zeppelin shadow was captured in that photo and it was mysterious enough for the fans.
Or, it is really symbolic that there is a crop circle showing a possible ET aspect and a "ship" to take them away.

Perspective is everything. I'm going with #1 (for now
)!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

As a musician and in defense of most of us...even in this case and song (I LOVE this song and have performed it live zillions of times!)...sometimes...most times...we put imagery in because we think it looks cool.

Not because we are participants in any Illuminati or other -agenda plot. It just was a cool thing to put in there, like this crop circle thing....

But I do think (As a songwriter/musician) that sometimes...without conscious intent or thoughts in advance, syncronicity happens to come along alluding to some hidden agenda, where there is none intended.

Its like looking at clouds....

top topics

join