It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fortune 100 Companies Have Received a Whopping $1.2 Trillion in Corporate Welfare Recently

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

It only reaffirms my point that it's small business that's getting screwed...the entrepreneurs.
reply to post by nwtrucker

I couldn't agree with you more...if that 1.2 trillion had gone to help small businesses, which are the largest employers in the country...instead of the top 100 wealthiest companies in the US...the economy would be in much better shape.....and so would the average American.

I don't care for links per say but there was a lengthy statement by the CEO of Coca-Cola that exposed this irony and was critical of the U.S. tax system.

The links help to complete the picture my friend. No doubt the US tax code could be simplified. As for what the CEO of one of the wealthiest corporations on earth has to say....I'd take that with a grain of salt.

Did you miss this part of my post??

It’s been 45 years since corporations paid the full top tax rate, and 26 American companies avoided taxation altogether over the past four years.

Or this...

Apple does not remit that money into the US: so, it’s not charged the US corporate income tax. And just this one company has substantial sums sheltered in this manner: they’ve a cash pile of well over $100 billion sitting around after only a few years of doing this. Add in that we know that the other tech giants, in fact almost all US corporates with substantial overseas operations, do exactly the same thing and our “tax gap” is explained. Estimates vary but something between $1.3 and $1.7 trillion is sitting offshore as a result of corporations doing this.

U.S. manufacturing has been shrinking at an alarming rate. That manufacturing base is gone and perhaps never to return.

There is no perhaps....these jobs are never coming back.

Do you actually claim that they received the same "benefits" that those you point out do? Of course not.

I'm not claiming anything....I provided ample links to prove it...but I know...you're not interested in the links.

Your not "wrong"...you just paint a very incomplete picture.

My apologies...I have done my best to make that picture as complete as possible. I'm at a loss as to how I can make you understand.

Best we just leave it here and agree to disagree.

Again...thank you for contributing to this thread. I appreciate your thoughtful responses.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
To close this out, for me, and thank you for the acknowledgement, I squirm when a CEO's is automatically discounted due to size and profitability. It seems vogue that increase in wages is "social justice" and increases by corporations are "greed'...Ayn Rand.

The only fault I find with your views is the generality of it. The are honorable men at all levels of our society, including the wealthy/powerful.

There is a point where "truths" are (expanded/stretched?) to a point of pure politically driven "class warfare".

I will presume to suggest that, as a rule, most Americans were/are perfectly content to have leaders/policy shapers both in politics and business as long as the general population also felt that they, also, had the opportunity to improve their lot and their children's.

This is being wiped out at all levels.

The companies you mentioned aren't high on my list. it's more the ADMs and Nestles of the world that concern me. The massive investments in the basics...not manufacturing, but in food supply, oil, transportation those areas that would and have to survive a general collapse-and would get immediate gov't support...

Many corporations have been forced into a lockstep compliance with this "movement". Gates is the signal example of this.

Does that clarify where I'm coming from re a bigger picture? Either way, I've enjoyed your comments.

edit on 25-3-2014 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5   >>

join