It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How else can America be globally embarrassed?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bkfd54

Well, i certainly gives us something to talk about on ATS anyway! Other than that....

The 80's...... back when there were no worries !

(Except global thermonuclear war.)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Well they could let Joe Biden have more press conferences. Every time he opens his mouth he embarrasses us.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

That is what Veeps do, isn't it?

Seems to be the job description.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Germany annexed Czechoslovakia in the 1930's.
The British govt was happy with that... announcing 'peace in our time'.
That bit them in the ass in about two years time.

I am not saying anyone should go to war over Crimea... but being seen as a pushover only invites more of the same or worse.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I'll lay it out there again for all you 'tough guys'... if you were President, what would you have done that would have prevented this? No "I would have had a more ballsy foreign policy' cause that doesn't mean crap. Putin would no more lose Crimea than the U.S. would San Diego.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
so...who's out there willing to come to the aid of people wanting to create a democratic society?....Russia?...China?...India?...Saudi Arabia?...even the western countries of Europe waits for America to join in ....this is just another post to make America the "whipping boy" to the rest of the world. everyone loves to loathe and criticize America, but America is the first one they ask for help. maybe if other countries cleaned up their own act, I would listen to them. arrogance and corruption is not the exclusive domain of America by a long shot.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

bkfd54
When will it stop?

When we get people in Washington who actually know what they are doing and who want to put America FIRST. Right now we have ditzoids like Pelosi and Obama in office ... and war hungry people like McCain and Obama in office ... and corrupt wanna-bes like Hillary and Chris Christie who will be running for 2016. Not until we break free of these type of people will we have a chance for 'it' to stop. Rand Paul? Gary Johnson? That'd be a start ...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

HMMMMMM...

Gary Johnson....

Think I voted for that guy once.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Montana
Gary Johnson....
Think I voted for that guy once.

I did last time. I'll do it again. Or I'll vote for Rand Paul. Or maybe, if Rand Paul doesn't get the Republican nod, it'll be a Gary Johnson/Rand Paul ticket. At the very least, vote out the republicans and democrats. That'll be a start ...

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes, but a politicians job is to maintain the status quo.

IMHO, modern 'western' governments operate under a form of fascism, certainly under a Mussolini type definition. Quite simply they operate to benefit large corporations. They want to aid them because after they retire they want to get jobs in the higher paying corporate sector.

Facism with a smilier face.
edit on 21-3-2014 by deessell because: spelling---urr

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

For starters I never would have lifted the sanctions placed on Russia by the former president Bush after the Russian-Georgia incursion. This action on the part of Obama was a prelude to emboldening Russia. Second, I would have let EU utilizing Germany negotiate this out and have the US in an oversight role. I truly believe the sanctions that were inplace originally were an effective deterant and certainly much stiffer than what is being imposed now. What would you do?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Your video of G Carlin is so right on.....This country needs another George Carlin

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Montana
reply to post by bkfd54

I guess I at least- and possibly others- are confused as to why you think this is a new development. The "Ugly American" has been the world picture of US citizens since way before Obama, and before GW, and before Bill, and before.... etc etc etc.

When I was visiting Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa on a five year tour with my uncle Sam in the 80's I watched people making fun of Reagan's foreign policy. (Remember 'Ronnie Raygun' ?)

I don't think US foreign policy has gotten any worse recently.

Heck, I don't see where it has changed other than cosmetically.

It is still " give us what we want or we will take it anyway. "

Of course they made fun of Reagans foreign policy what was it again? Kill a couple hundred Marines we'll grab our hat and run. And our policy has gotten worse now it's do what our bankers want or get invaded.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I agree.....No matter what the opinion is on whether or not we get involved.....it is ALWAYS US the world looks to for help and ultimate protection...now if only our government wasn't so corrupt......

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Thomas Jefferson had the best foreign police of all. "Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto." Sticking our nose in everyone's business and not minding our own business has ruined this nation. Now our people are getting killed fighting wars that is not ours to fight. All so we can feed our out of control military industrial complex.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bkfd54

Nothing. Anything we do or say is entirely hypocritical and make us look like idiots. We have repeatedly invaded other countries to impose our political will and now we are calling-out Russia for doing the same thing? We just have no moral ground on which to stand. It was a lost cause before it even started. And for the same reason I don't think the previous sanctions accomplished anything --- other than possibly underscoring our hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Unfortunately, we have become naive to the ways of the world in our effort to spread or facilitate democracy.
reply to post by bkfd54

Don't kid yourselves. The US is not bringing democracy to the world....they bring DEATH & DESTRUCTION.

Besides....how can you bring democracy to someone else....when your own democracy is completely and utterly disfunctional??

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
What should Obama have done? Invade Russia?

This is a damned if he does, damned if he don't presidency. They do nothing (because there really isn't anything other than political pressure and negotiating TO do.) and you complain.

If he went with the military approach, you all would be criticizing him for that too.

So, what's the answer? What would YOU have done? Let's hear your brilliant idea to make the US less of a laughingstock on the world stage. Perhaps randomly nuking a small country?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

America has become the laughing stock of the world.
reply to post by bkfd54

We used to laugh at you....now we fear that you'll get us all killed.

The US has become the single greatest threat to peace and stability in the world.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

So, what's the answer? What would YOU have done? Let's hear your brilliant idea to make the US less of a laughingstock on the world stage.

We (as in US state department) caused the problems in Kiev in the first place. Now you want us to suggest how Obama can "fix it"?

He was complicit!

You ever stop to think thats part of why we are a laughing stock?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join