It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vietnam sentences banker to death

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
While I wouldn't go as far as capital punishment for white collar crimes, what I would condone would be corporal punishment, like Indonesian caning.

Have a "caning session" for all the white collar criminals on like the 1st of the month, with each receiving say 5 or 6 strikes per month x a pre determined number of months/years. Make all of the offenders watch as others get caned while they wait for their turn in line. Make them think long and hard about their crime, and make them dread the first of the month for their next round of punishment. During the remainder of the month require them to do public community service and repay the community for their transgressions. Required them to wear a striped prison outfit 24/7, and a sign publicly stating that they are a convicted criminal who was sentenced to x number of caning sessions for whatever crime they committed. An "invisible fence" type collar would be fitted to prevent them from running and force them to show up for their punishment. Make criminal penalties so dreaded that others would never dare think about doing the same.

I honestly think that such a system would work, would ease the cost of rehabilitating criminals, would force them to support themselves rather than have taxpayers support them, and would shame criminals while reducing the crime rate. (Or maybe I'm just showing my more sadistic side)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Put to death? I think that's a bit harsh. Granted it sets a precedent to scare others from following in his footsteps, it's still immoral to kill a man who hasn't committed an act of grievous harm.

I think taking away his wealth and damning him to a life of poverty would be a more fitting punishment.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
It's catching on. Like Iceland *even though they didn't kill them, but jailed them*
I remember this from school...

The domino effect... It's what capitalism and the elite fear most....

DestroyDestroyDestroy
it's still immoral to kill a man who hasn't committed an act of grievous harm.

You don't think these people are doing grievous harm? They are controlling and destroying every living thing on this earth.
edit on 21-3-2014 by SalientSkivvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

edit on 21-3-2014 by SalientSkivvy because: double post

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

I have to agree with SalientSkivvy on this, the bankers have caused grievous harm. Tens of thousands of people if not millions have suffered varying degrees of misery due to them. That's just looking at things like the US bank bailouts, mortgage fraud, commodities manipulation, etc. It doesn't even begin to look at big banks involvement in the global war machine.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Thank you.
To think of the amount of people and animals that have suffered and died for their imaginary money is just sicking.
They have raped our planet and they continue to poison us in our air, our water, our food, and our minds.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join