It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Liz Wahl Worked with Bill Kristol’s Neocon Think Tank to Plan Her Resignation from RT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
From the files of "Things aren't always what they seem" I bring to you this article. Now there was quite a furor on ATS when this happened...many were praising Liz Whal's "Integrity" for calling out RT for their propaganda.

It also prompted a number of commentators and main stream western propaganda outfits to take the story and milk it for all it was worth.

Now I'm well aware that RT has a clearly pro-Russian slant to their journalism. I want to remind you all though, that RT has value in the sense that it offers a different perspective on world events, and covers US political stories that you would never see on mainstream western media.

Journalists Rania Khalek and Max Blumenthal have published a story on the resignation of Russia Today anchor Liz Wahl. It strongly suggests that a fellow for the neoconservative think tank Foreign Policy Initiative (FPI) played a key role in Wahl’s decision to leave the network a couple weeks ago.

The story, published at Truthdig, highlights how Wahl’s act of protest against RT earned her multiple invitations to appear on major news or television programs. It led to some journalists taking the time to do exposés on the network. But what the news media did not probe was the fact that FPI’s Twitter feed had hyped Wahl’s resignation before it even happened with tweets like “#WordOnTheStreet says that something big might happen on RT in about 20-25 minutes.”

Source Article...HERE

Personally I have little trouble believing this...but I'm interested to see what ATS's intrepid crew think??

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If the story/con job is playing thru the NGO's, think tanks or politicians, it's bogus. If the story/con job is playing on the US MSM, it's bogus.

I still say this girls performance was superior:

They knew exactly who she was when she did this propaganda piece.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Or maybe she simply got sick of lying on the behalf of a hostile foreign interest.

Perhaps?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This YT clip from AJ speaks about this story www.youtube.com... it was put out on March 7 .... I was a little confused at the time as to what the big deal was .Reading the article I can understand what they were trying to do now ...tks op S&F ....peace ETA a funny juicemedia clip from YT ...to funny www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-3-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Or maybe she simply got sick of lying on the behalf of a hostile foreign interest.
reply to post by Monger

Yeah...maybe. Quite the covergence of coincidences though isn't it?

Bah...I'm too old to believe in coincidence.

It's also worthy to note that within an hour of her "heroic" statement on RT...she was on the mother of all propaganda news channels giving an interview....that would be CNN.

So...she's ok with American dishonesty and propaganda....but just couldn't stand another second pushing propaganda for RT....integrity...not so much me thinks.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

They knew exactly who she was when she did this propaganda piece.
reply to post by juspassinthru

Indeed they did....they carefully crafted US opinion to get them behind a war that was not only immoral...but horrifically illegal.

It also brings into sharp relief the recent teary eyed Ukranian girl and her oh so heartfelt appeal for the west to come and crush the wicked Russians....yet another carefully crafted manipulation.

The one saving grace is that most thinking people can see it for what it is now....blatant manipulation and outright lies.

Thx for contributing!

top topics

join