It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Grateful Bush set to visit Halifax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   
American President George Bush is set to visit Halifax on his trip to Canada the Globe and Mail reports. The President will be heading to Nova Scotia Wednesday morning, after spending Tuesday in Ottawa, Canada’s capitol with Paul Martin Canada’s Prime Minister discussing business. President Bush turned down an invitation from Canada’s Premier who lobbied Mr. Bush to address a joint sitting of Parliament during his visit to Canada.

One source said Mr. Bush was apparently "concerned about what might happen in the House" referring to the possibility of heckling or disrupting his speech. Mr. Martin responded that he was not concerned that the President would be heckled. U.S, officials responded two days later with the idea for the visit to Halifax. Where President Bush will give a speech thanking Atlantic Canada for their assistance in the 9/11 aftermaths. Nova Scotia Premier John Hamm had said yesterday that he expects some Nova Scotians will object to Mr. Bush’s arrival and that they should make there point, but be polite.

www.theglobeandmail.com
Grateful Bush set to visit Halifax
UPDATED AT 1:26 AM EST
By BRIAN LAGHI and ALAN FREEMAN
From Thursday's Globe and Mail

Ottawa and Washington —
U.S. President George W. Bush will head to Halifax as part of his visit to Canada next week to thank Atlantic Canadians for sheltering American air travellers stranded by the tragedy of Sept. 11, 2001. The move comes three years after Mr. Bush neglected to mention Canada in a speech to Congress in which he thanked several countries for their help. Sources confirmed yesterday that the President will go to the Nova Scotia capital Wednesday morning after spending Tuesday in Ottawa on official business with Prime Minister Paul Martin Mr. Bush declined an invitation from Mr. Martin to address a joint sitting of Parliament. Mr. Martin lobbied for the speech when he met with Mr. Bush in Santiago last week, but U.S. officials came back this week with the Halifax idea instead.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well the President must have heard about the Canadian cream pie hit team “Les Entartisties” Que qui peut puisse! Anyway kidding aside I’m glad Mr. Bush is finally coming up to Canada because a lot of Canadians felt slighted after 9/11 by the 2000 Bush Administration.

[edit on 25/11/2004 by Sauron]

[edit on 11-25-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Anyone know when this is?

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Next week I believe.
Tuesday and Wednesday.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Nova Scotia Premier John Hamm had said yesterday that he expects some Nova Scotians will object to Mr. Bush�s arrival and that they should make there point, but be polite.

You gotta love those Canadians.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hmmm. Really considering heading out there. Haha. I'm about a 5 hour drive away. I wonder what kind of atmosphere it'll be. I wanna flip out and protest!

top topics

join