It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howdyladoodilly!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Greetings dear denizens of Conspiracity!

Hello my name is Iamb and I am an ATSoholic. I have been perusing/abusing ATS for a very long time, about 10 years, almost on a daily basis, I have gained so so much from the vaults of wisdom of ATS over the years that I am absolutely indebted to all the bright minds that have come and gone over the years, and although I could never even dream of giving back all that I've taken, I've decided that it's about time I at least tried.

I haven't got much to say in this introduction, I wouldn't know where to start, I enjoy ATS because it is full of like-minded people; free-thinkers, ignorance deniers and the like. Sometimes I become so absorbed in ATS and other alternative news sources for such a protracted period that the very concept of the clichéd mainstream-worshipping sheeple becomes prosaic, and I forget that they actually exist, and so then when I encounter one I am actually shocked, shocked that they seem unable to think for themselves, shocked that they seem unable to entertain an idea without accepting that idea, and just shocked that they would believe anything the talking heads will tell them. I'm sure many on here can sympathise with how ridiculously frustrating that can be, and this is what makes ATS extremely refreshing.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to my time here, I will try to contribute in any way that I can, I am sorry I haven't said much more but I am just itching to get into the serious threads!

And that's that, I will end with a promise: I will try to enlighten you, if you can enlighten me

Iamb Trochee

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

I look forward to what you have to contribute and the only thing I ask is that you don't feed the trolls...oh and keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by IambTrochee

peace be upon you

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

Or rather welcome out of the lurk and into the light!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Welcome to your new addiction. 12 step meetings in the basement on Tuesdays.

Here's your welcome cookies...enjoy...

I look forward to reading your contributions.

Des

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Greetings neighborino

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Many many thanks all of you!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hello

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Lurking for 10 years? Good grief I think that's a new record. Now that you took the plunge,the real addiction begins!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Howdy howdy to you.
Welcome. So glad you decided to join us

Have a tin foil hat

Enjoy your stay.
Peace and love
-nat

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hello Slayer! I love your alt. History/paleoanthropology threads! Have tons of them bookmarked. At least I can look forward to actually saying something in them now!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Yeah 10 years! The site first caught my attention around 2004 after I'd read Micheal C. Ruppert's Beyond the Rubicon which was when I'd first cottoned on to 9/11 conspiracy theories, and I do remember this site being notable for good threads on 9/11 at that time. For the first 3 years or so I only used it occasionally, however from 2007 until today I was lurking practically daily, of course there's been many occasions when I wanted to post, and I used to use the Anonymous posting feature the site used to have, but no, in all that time I've never actually signed up until now. It's strange really, because I feel like I know many of the posters extremely well, I've been here all along through the highs, the lows, the dramas, the debates, yep it was high time that I signed up!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Ohhhh my, thank you! Now I certainly feel at home !

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Wow,had you signed up right away,you would rank with the elders here. Since 2007 I have been here...just had my ATS anniversary 4 days ago. About time you joined in. You have a lot of time to make up for!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Welcome back recently banned, come, press your cheek against the ATS bosom once more!

Welcome!
-lys

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
im new here aswell how do i make a thread

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by droxs

You've got to post 20 comments first. Then you're allowed to create your own thread.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Recently banned? Are you joking? I have neither signed up nor been banned from this site before today, as described in my OP. Are you suggesting that i am being disingenuous?

That is quite an insinuation to make with absolutely no evidence, indeed it is downright rude!

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Yeah i know, its a shame. Tbh i was quite satisfied using ATS as a news source and i wasn't really interested in getting my hands dirty, as it were.

top topics

join