It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian troops storm Ukrainian base in Simferopol, one Ukrainian soldier wounded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Russian troops are storming a Ukrainian military base in Simferopol, and one Ukranian soldier has been wounded in the attack,

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MushroomWig

They seem to be safe for now as they have themselves locked up on the second floor .

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I don't get it. I can't find any other source. The BBC is running that breaking news on their live feed. But when you look at Interfax-Ukraine, you can't find the story. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough and someone else can find it. If there was an armed attack, you'd think they'd have it headlined.

edit on 18-3-2014 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

The BBC has just removed the Breaking News on that reported attack. Hmmm. What was that all about? Do people over at the BBC know how to source?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ericblair4891

All reports seem to be completely borked, so lets just wait.

To add: It looks as tho the sources closest to it are not reporting so it may still be unfolding, or just more smoke & mirrors.
edit on 2014u23201403am18 by Yusomad because: To add

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Maybe it's a bit like WTC7 and the BBC are premature again.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

khimbar
Maybe it's a bit like WTC7 and the BBC are premature again.

That one cracked me up lol

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Here's another link;

news.sky.com...

Soldiers in the base say they are being attacked by Moscow's forces and have barricaded themselves in, Interfax news agency quoted a Ukrainian military spokesman as saying.

"One Ukrainian serviceman has been wounded in the neck and collarbone,"

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
twitter.com...

Raymond Pritchett ‏@Galrahn 1h
The Ukrainian unit under attack in Simferopol is a Topology Intelligence unit.
Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite More
RETWEETS

7:45 AM - 18 Mar 2014 · Details
Jeremy Pigott ‏@jhpigott 1h
@Galrahn so much for that cease fire . . .

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The Sky News cites The Fifth Channel in Ukraine. It is not breaking news exactly. When I found the source material it was confusing. Infax is still not reporting on this particular story that I can find.

Here's what I think is the source for this "story".

www.5.ua...

The BBC sources Reuters. Reuters, according to the BBC cited Interfax. Reuters is not running the story on their site. Neither is Interfax. Recently, I was teaching my son how rumours start. At this point, as the BBC presenter says in his video report, unconfirmed.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
BBC BREAKING NEWS

Breaking News

Ukrainian serviceman is killed during attack on a Ukrainian base in the Crimean capital of Simferopol, news agency Interfax quotes a military spokesman as saying (Reuters).

Merde.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

khimbar
BBC BREAKING NEWS

Breaking News

Ukrainian serviceman is killed during attack on a Ukrainian base in the Crimean capital of Simferopol, news agency Interfax quotes a military spokesman as saying (Reuters).

Merde.

The first death, things are going to escalate quickly now.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
www.heraldsun.com.au... 1-1226858598948

"“The conflict is shifting from a political to a military stage,” Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk told an emergency government meeting. “Russian soldiers have started shooting at Ukrainian military servicemen, and that is a war crime.”

Ukraine’s navy chief Sergiy Gayduk said earlier that an officer had been shot and injured in the leg “during an attack against a base in (Crimea’s main city of) Simferopol.”

He did not specify where or when the incident happened or who was behind the attack.

But an AFP reporter outside a Ukrainian military unit in a suburb northeast of Simferopol heard a burst of gunfire coming from the building and saw two ambulances driving into the area

The region around the military unit was sealed off by what appeared to be pro-Moscow militants.

“Armed attempts to take over (Ukrainian) military units have multiplied in recent days,” Mr Gayduk said at the government meeting."

So far this guy has been shot in the neck, shoulder and leg. Then went from wounded to dead.
It was probably all of the above.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mash3d

So was it a war crime when Georgian soldiers executed Russian peacekeepers in 2008?

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Sniper detained in shooting

Looks like a mysterious sniper was caught after a Ukrainian soldier and a Crimean self-defence soldier were both shot at a military research facility. This is the same story as introduced in this thread, but a completely different angle.

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Vovin
Sniper detained in shooting

Looks like a mysterious sniper was caught after a Ukrainian soldier and a Crimean self-defence soldier were both shot at a military research facility. This is the same story as introduced in this thread, but a completely different angle.

well, well, Maidan scenario all over again, sniper shooting left and right.
Looks like desperation moves from thugs in Kiev, I hope this time they will be caught.

top topics

join