It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Sends Police to Arrest Its Employee After She Marked on Wall Map

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

When Ginger Anderson, a Utah Valley University employee and student, made a small change to an incorrect wall map inside of one the school’s buildings, she had no idea it would result in her being manhandled and arrested by police officers.

The 48-year-old, who works in the information center at the university, says she marked on the map with a marker because students were having trouble getting to classes. In fact, it was literally depicted upside down. She claims she corrected the map’s compass, and wrote in marker that the map was upside down. That was in January.

Two days later, two officers with the UVU police department confronted Anderson and informed her that she would be issued a citation for “criminal mischief.” What happened next was caught on one of the officer’s lapel cameras. KUTV When Anderson refused to immediately comply with the officers’ demands to come to the police station, one of the cops grabbed her, pushed her against the wall and took her to the ground.

Police say Anderson resisted while the UVU student and employee claims the officers used excessive force. Anderson also claims officers tried to handcuff her hands behind her back while she was wearing a large backpack, making that task difficult. “Let me take my backpack off!” the woman can be heard shouting in the video. An independent review found that Anderson did indeed resist — both passively and actively — and therefore officers did not break any laws or act inappropriately, KUTV reports. Anderson says she’s more shocked that the police department decided to take such extreme action over a marking on a map that was intended to help students.

Watch the uncut video of the arrest below: The arrest has sparked a contentious debate in KUTV’s comments section, some siding with Anderson and others siding with the officers. “This woman is what is wrong with people today,” one user wrote. “She feels so entitled that she is above the Law!” “Bending a 48 year old women’s arm with her backpack on is an absolute assault. she was wiling to cooperate yet these officers clearly shown brutality,” another user argued. Others had no problem with officers issuing Anderson a citation, but wondered why a simple citation required her to come to the police station or face arrest. “If they were sent there to give her a citation, why didn’t they bring it with them? There was no need for her to go to the police station to receive her citation,” a user commented. “I’m not sure I want my children going to a school where they make such a big thing out of nothing,” another wrote.

+31 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Resist she should have!

I hope she sues the crap out them and the one who manhandled her over this is given what for.

Really?

Meanwhile, Drugs, Alcohol abuse and all manner of other more pressing issues are going on BUT correcting a map compass, My God, call out the SWAT team....

edit on 15-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
LOL@"You don't need to be a dick." I think that mighta been the moment the manhandling was on.

Ridiculous in its entirety...from the people who called to the actions of the cop that drew the short draw on this critical dispatch.

Why not just issue the citation right there and be done with it. Geebus.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Another great reason we should universally consolidate political power and authority at the local and State level.

/eyeroll

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I don't know why people are shocked....we have the most prisoners per capita, we have the NSA treating every American as a suspect, and every civilian is a threat to an LEO...people need to quit thinking this is Mayberry RFD with andy and barney.

+12 more 
link   
That's what you get for damaging state property! Ah-ah!

Next we can crack down on chalkboard misusers. And bathroom wall vandalism. Making the world a safer place.

link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

She was trying to help the students…

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

No more of this kind of thuggery, if we are armed we can defend ourselves, when police don't act like police we can still have legitimate recourse.

If I saw two supposed police officers doing this, what would I do? Would I at least interject and ask for an explanation?
edit on 15-3-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

intrptr

it is illegal to fix a government mistake because government never makes mistakes.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

intrptr

Third Party Cell phone image taken of Citation being delivered...

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Better thread on the subject this time. Had to stop the video for a minute when they went for the cuffs.

Who would have called the cops on this lady for what she did? That's just BS!!

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

it is illegal to fix a government mistake because government never makes mistakes.

Yes, lol.

Officer: "if North is South and South is North than thats just the way it is!"

The really sad thing about this is that no one in that institute of higher learning caught that and that officers of the law would stoop to such a response about it.

You can't make this stuff up.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Dude dont do that! The cops will beat the shiznit out of you for even wondering what they are doing. You best better not even dream if asking the cops why they are acting like semi retarded teenagers with badges and guns.

Last time I checked if you see a armed, armored semi intelligent knuckle dragger skulking around looking to incriminate someone you try and avoid them. Next to nothing positive can come from interacting with a cop. Any lawyer will tell you this. Cops are just idiots that other idiots let be in control. Any Leo's reading this. Sorry deep down you know it's true

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hahahaha.

Those dicks!

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Lucky she never stole the pen she used that would be 20 to life

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

BASSPLYR
reply to post by greencmp

Dude dont do that! The cops will beat the shiznit out of you for even wondering what they are doing. You best better not even dream if asking the cops why they are acting like semi retarded teenagers with badges and guns.

Last time I checked if you see a armed, armored semi intelligent knuckle dragger skulking around looking to incriminate someone you try and avoid them. Next to nothing positive can come from interacting with a cop. Any lawyer will tell you this. Cops are just idiots that other idiots let be in control. Any Leo's reading this. Sorry deep down you know it's true

Well, people impersonate police officers so any lawyer will tell you not to make assumptions.

Everybody is expected to conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Can you provide the source please?

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

They are not real cops, look at their uniforms, they are UV police, Utah Valley University police, which means they are just security guards.
Ms Anderson should have really informed her managers about the error before writing on the map with a marker or she could have stuck a poster. Technically what she did was vandalism, but the security officers acted like big idiots and made a big deal of it and the university managers should have talked to her, not just send out the campus police.

Source: www.theblaze.com... e/
edit on 15-3-2014 by Agartha because: SPAG

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join