It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Troops spilling into Ukraine Mainland, tense confrontation.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
So it begins, the forward movement of Russian troops across the border in Crimea and the harassment of American and British journalists who are confirming that the Ukranian army is digging in now and drawing a line in the sand as it were.

goo.gl... - Video from CNN

I am now beginning to lose hope that this will resolve itself peacefully, I don't want the U.S. to get involved but after signing a treaty with Ukraine so many years ago can our reputation afford no action?

Or are we in such a place, that any move we make is wrong.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Is there any way the missing / hijacked / commandeered Malaysian jet could be used here...?

Completely thinking aloud, out-of-the-box and left field ....?

PDUK

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I would highly doubt that, that flight is probably at an abandoned airport somewhere being stripped and refitted by some terroristic group, or it has been sold for scrap by a very advanced group of pirates. I think both Russia or Ukraine could find an airplane if they needed one.

link   

PurpleDog UK
Is there any way the missing / hijacked / commandeered Malaysian jet could be used here...?

PDUK

OP NORTHWOODS

They repaint it...fill it full of dead crimeans, and then shoot it down...blaming the Ukraine of course.
edit on PM4Thu20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

link   

PurpleDog UK

PDUK

I'm just happy I'm in the US where, if a plane went missing and/or appeared in a different location and/or was hijacked and a danger, planes would be scrambled to take care of the threat.... oh, wait a minute... Nevermind.

link   
reply to post by Darolla

I think we all know that if Russia continues further into the Ukraine the only feasible military tactic that N.A.T.O can respond with will involve the use of tactical nukes and EMP weapons. It's the only way they can stop Russia's military might.

It's been said many times now, cooler heads need to prevail!
edit on 13-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Darolla

The title is somewhat misleading. The video doesn't report that Russian troops have moved into the mainland and certainly not that they are "spilling" into the mainland, which would suggest a full scale invasion. Unless there is some update that I am unaware of, Russian troops are still stationed in Crimea and have a checkpoint just north of the peninsula (which could be considered mainland Ukraine, but they have been there for days and have not moved north since setting up their checkpoint). Currently, Russian forces are massed on the eastern border of the Ukraine but have not moved west into mainland Ukraine as of yet.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Watch the video more closely at 2:57, in the video it clearly shows that some russian forces have moved out of crimea and into the mainland.

Currently searching for the vice video interview that is being featured there, they didn't go over it in the main talking points but they were subtly talking about russian troop movements.
edit on 13-3-2014 by Darolla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Darolla

Yes, as I stated they have a checkpoint just north of Crimea and have been there for days now. They haven't moved any further north, however. Not to minimize the situation or it's potential impact, but the title of the thread is somewhat misleading. It certainly alarmed me, until I realized that the situation remains the same as it has for the past few days now.
edit on 13-3-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I made the title as such because the troops at the end of the video are shown digging because apparently russia was bringing troops into the mainland of Ukraine.

Some russian troops are now in mainland ukraine, the end of the video clearly states that. Are you disputing what CNN/Vice is reporting?

Yes, these troops are still close to the border but they are actually touching the ukranian mainland and have set up roadblocks.

Direct quote from reporter,

"I think the Ukrainian army has just come down here in the last couple of days and are digging in because the russian army has brought their forces INTO the ukranian mainland."

Edit - Sorry just read your post more carefully you stated what I just said, however I made this post because I don't think any other thread really emphasized this point. Which is that russia is now officially invading Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Darolla

Some russian troops are now in mainland ukraine, the end of the video clearly states that. Are you disputing what CNN/Vice is reporting?

I'm disputing that.
Your title, CNN and Vice altogether are blatant western propaganda.
You might want to open your eyes, read other sources and draw your own conclusion.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hardly. A bunch of A-10's with "volunteer pilots would work wonders on advancing Russian tanks. No need for nukes. SMH

andy06shake
reply to post by Darolla

I think we all know that if Russia continues further into the Ukraine the only feasible military tactic that N.A.T.O can respond with will involve the use of tactical nukes and EMP weapons. It's the only way they can stop Russia's military might.

It's been said many times now, cooler heads need to prevail!
edit on 13-3-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

I can understand your position, if I had a readily available first hand account of whats going in the ukraine I would use it. Sadly for me to prove that anything is 100% true I would have to be IN ukraine, but for now this is what I know about it. Either way I think it invokes a good response within myself which is fear for my countrymen that we would be dragged into another war. And fear that no matter what america does in this situation positive or negative in the views of either side, will probably be looked at as a wrong decision.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Darolla

if I had a readily available first hand account of whats going in the ukraine I would use it.

But you found convinient to use propaganda vocabulary instead??? Why???

Sadly for me to prove that anything is 100% true I would have to be IN ukraine.

Fully agreed.

but for now this is what I know about it

I think no one knows anything what's really going on over there.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

The titles use "tense confrontation" is also misleading ..tense situation for sure .may lead to a confrontation ,we hope not.. Yea its a propaganda piece .

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Darolla
I am now beginning to lose hope that this will resolve itself peacefully, I don't want the U.S. to get involved but after signing a treaty with Ukraine so many years ago can our reputation afford no action?

Or are we in such a place, that any move we make is wrong.

The sticky part is Russia also signed the treaty, I think that changes things compared to if Russia had not signed it. idk??

And 'our reputation'? lmfao, what exactly is our reputation, the US that is?

Hypocrites, liars, foreign invaders, drug runners, etc? the reputation of the US is not what it once was. And everyday it gets worse.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

PurpleDog UK

PDUK

Well of course.
The missing Malaysian flight is a perfect distraction from the beginning of this new war.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

I would edit the title slightly if I could I should have put journalist in tense confrontation, but the title was too long.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

princeofpeace
Hardly. A bunch of A-10's with "volunteer pilots would work wonders on advancing Russian tanks. No need for nukes. SMH

wow, that would be incredibly stupid. Russia is not Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, or Vietnam. They have something a little more formidable.

How do you think our troops overseas would be in peril? Afghanistan bases would become a target.

Look at all the unfriendly nations in that part of the world. Such an event would galvanize them and possibly bring them in coalition against the US.

How about China? their military leaders have stated publicly for YEARS now how they have the USA in their cross hairs.

North Korea? those people alone have more troops than the USA, and they are tough. We couldn't beat them before, and now they have had half a century to become even tougher.

Yeah, good idea. have the US started an world war that will be lost be the USA.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Just when I thought things are slowing down, it starts escalating again.

Kerry must be stomping his feet left and right. Obama is biting his nails. McCain in a trigger-finger mode.

No way to stop the bear unless you have an equal or greater force against it, and we all know what that suggests.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join