It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Removing 9/11 Artifacts From New Jersey’s Nest of Political Patronage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Source

By September 2011, the 10th anniversary of the attacks, 80 percent of the steel had been distributed, in a program managed by Nancy Johnson, a career employee of the Authority.

Around that time, Bill Baroni, the deputy executive director of the agency, who was appointed by Mr. Christie, took effective control of the steel distributed in New Jersey. Accompanying Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno to ceremonies, Mr. Baroni gave speeches about the work that was being done at the Port Authority under Governor Christie, and spoke emotionally on the losses of Sept. 11.

“In early September the lieutenant governor and I traveled around New Jersey and delivered pieces of World Trade Center steel that were part obviously of the towers that collapsed Sept. 11,” Mr. Baroni said in a television interview.

First of all, I didn't find this posted.

Second, honestly, I feel very stupid for not even having known that they were distributing the steel from the towers at all.

But to be distrubuting it, as it apparently appears was the case, for political endorsements...well that's just sickening.

"Yo, bud...here's a piece of wreckage where thousands lost they're lives, and come election day, remember where you got it, yo. Now smile for the camera."

The good news, I guess, is that they're going to stop it (we think).

Any politician hoping to find advantage in the trade center attacks — which, after all, were cited as reasons for separate wars in Afghanistan and Iraq — will have to act fast.

Sickening.
edit on 3/12/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Weren't they going to use the steel in the hull of USS Freedom or USS Independence? Sailorsare a superstitous bunch and that would not be good omen for a warship.Way too much bad karma.
edit on 3/12/2014 by Kukri because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

The New York Times and Rachel Maddow on msnbc are all over this. Pieces of 9/11 steel were given to the 20 "top" Mayors in New Jersey that the Chris Christie campaign wanted endorsements from (mostly Democrats, who flocked around Christie like he was the second coming). The bottom line of this is that 9/11 "relics" were used as campaign tokens. This only happened in New Jersey, and it comes across as despicable.

Christie has fallen like a rock, and almost every day reporters are looking under that rock and finding things like this. But this newest "under the rock-worthy" story - giving 9/11 steel away in order to obtain political endorsements - scrapes that bottom.
edit on 12-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Thanks s&f, hope this gets more attention, as it can show the corruption.

Sickening,indeed... no words.
edit on 12-3-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

~Lucidity
The good news, I guess, is that they're going to stop it (we think).

Any politician hoping to find advantage in the trade center attacks — which, after all, were cited as reasons for separate wars in Afghanistan and Iraq — will have to act fast.

Sickening.

If he can't get his hands on the 911 wreckage he'll just hand out Memorial Traffic Cones.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

dreamingawake
Thanks s&f, hope this gets more attention, as it can show the corruption.

Sickening,indeed... no words.
edit on 12-3-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

What right do they even have to it? On a moral level. Museums...maybe. For gain...never.

reply to post by BritofTexas

Ugh. Traffic there is horrific on even the best of days...I can't even imagine...wait...yes I can...I live in Atlanta. Ha.

reply to post by Aleister

Thanks...I watched this and you're so right. She's very all over Christie about this, even more so than usual.
edit on 3/16/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join