It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2002 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I heard the other day that the Pope has a load of UFO/End of the world secrets stashed away in the vatican vaults. Does anyone have any more info or stories to back this claim up?

Thanks all.

posted on Sep, 7 2002 @ 08:38 AM
link   
i do know the vatican has the biggest library in the world, they have alot of secret texts, including old grimors etc etc, even the text what was deleted from the bible to control the massas better.

and by the way, when will the pope give up his job? does that old fart really thinks he is the second coming?
what a joke.

posted on Sep, 7 2002 @ 02:27 PM
link   
according to biblical timing it says he will have
42 months to work which from the time he was elected comes out to

""2003""

peace.

posted on Sep, 7 2002 @ 03:25 PM
link   
"Truth" the current Pope was made Pope in 1978.

Wntermorg the position of Pope to the Catholic church, once granted is for life.

posted on Sep, 7 2002 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The current pope was made pope in 1978.

I know that.

But, you don't undrstand that 42 months does not mean literally 42 months in
the bible.

And so some of my family members have studied biblical timing and from
1978 when he was elected to 2003 = 42 months.

So in our bible we have circled 2003 in the chapter where he will have 42 months to work.

one of the saints said that in the 1980s we were living in chapter 13 of the
apocolypse.

In 1981 pope john paul ll was shot in the stomach, but lived, inches from deaath
he was.

in chapter 13 it says.....

"" I saw that one of its heads was mortally wounded, but
this mortal wound was healed ""

Apoc 13:3

if you put these puzzles together you will see what im talking about.

peace.

posted on Sep, 7 2002 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Just like the Bible didn't mean God created the earth in 6 day's and rested on the 7th.Literally

posted on Sep, 7 2002 @ 08:56 PM
link   
"Truth" That caption is more than often interpreted to mean countries or a contry. It seems you expect us to accept your families beleif system as valid?
------------------------------------------------
The Christian calendar has years that are 365 or 366 days long. It is
divided into 12 months that have no relationship to the motion of the moon,
and it employs a system of weeks that group the days in sets of 7. It had
three main versions: The Roman, the Julian and the Gregorian calendars, the
difference between which lies in the way they approximate the length of the
tropical year and in their rules for approximating the occurrence of
Easter.

THE ROMAN CALENDAR
Originally, the year started on March 1, and consisted of only 304 days or
10 months (Martius, Aprilis, Maius, Junius, Quintilis, Sextilis, September,
October, November, and December). These 304 days were followed by an unnamed and unnumbered winter period. The Roman king Numa Pompilius (c. 715-673 BC, although his historicity is disputed) allegedly introduced February and January (in that order) between December and March, increasing the length of the year to 354 or 355 days. In 450 BC, February was moved to its current position between January and March.

In order to make up for the lack of days in a year, an extra month, Intercalaris or Mercedonius, (allegedly with 22 or 23 days) was introduced in some years. It was the duty of the priesthood to keep track of the calendars, but they failed miserably, partly due to ignorance, partly
because they were bribed to make certain years long and others short.
Furthermore, leap years were considered unlucky and were therefore avoided
in times of crisis, such as the Second Punic War. In order to clean up this
mess, Julius Caesar made his famous calendar reform in 45 BC. "Julius Caesar
made all odd numbered months 31 days long, and all even numbered months 30
days long (with February having 29 days in non-leap years). In 44 BC
Quintilis was renamed 'Julius' (July) in honor of Julius Caesar, and in 8 BC
Sextilis became 'Augustus' in honor of emperor Augustus. When Augustus had a
month named after him, he presumably wanted his month to be a full 31 days
long, so he removed a day from February and shifted the length of the other
months so that August would have 31 days. This fact, however, is not
confirmed, and could be a fabrication dating back to the 14th century.

THE JULIAN CALENDAR
It was introduced by Julius Caesar in 45 BC. It was in common use until the
1500s. However, some countries (Greece and Russia, for example) used it well
into this century. In the Julian calendar, the tropical year is approximated
as 365.25 days. This gives an error of 1 day in approximately 128 years. The
approximation 365 1/4 is achieved by having 1leap year every 4 years.
Furthermore, the way it calculated the Easter occurrence was inaccurate, it
had to be refined depending on the fact that most felt that 21 March was the
proper day for vernal equinox (because 21 March was the date for vernal
equinox during the Council of Nicaea in AD 325). The Gregorian calendar was
therefore calibrated to make that day vernal equinox. By 1582 vernal equinox
had moved (1582-325)/128 days = approximately 10 days backwards. So 10 days had to be dropped. This change in sequence of the calendar is known in Islam as intercalation, which is prohibited to do for any reason.

THE GREGORIAN CALENDAR
The Gregorian calendar is commonly used today by the non-Muslims. Pope
Gregory XIII adopted it in accordance with instructions from the Council of
Trent (1545-1563). In the Gregorian calendar, the tropical year is
approximated as 365 97/400 days = 365.2425 days. Thus it takes approximately 3300 years for the tropical year to shift one day with respect to the
Gregorian calendar. The approximation 365 97/400 is achieved by having 97
leap years every 400 years.

LEAP YEARS
In the Gregorian calendar, every year divisible by 4 is a leap year. Also,
every year divisible by 100 is not a leap year, but every year divisible by
400 is a leap year. And so, 1800, 1900 and 2100 are not leap years, while
1600 and 2000 are.

WHO USES THE GREGORIAN CALENDAR?
As we mentioned above not all countries adopted this calendar, and some of
those who did, had their own changes added to it. Italy, Poland, Portugal,
and Spain adopted it and other Catholic countries followed shortly after,
but Protestant countries were reluctant to change. Later, the Orthodox
Church in Greece decided to switch to the Gregorian calendar in the 1920s,
but they tried to improve on the Gregorian leap year rules, replacing the
"divisible by 400" rule.

Thus the beginning of their calendar is still different from the rest of the
Christian world. In an attempt to unify their Christmas and Easter
celebrations, both churches tried to change both Calendars. The meeting
happened in Aleppo, Syria (5-10 March 1997), organized by the World Council
of Churches and the Middle East Council of Churches, Representatives of
several churches and Christian world communions suggested that the
discrepancies between Easter calculations could be resolved by adopting calculations of the vernal equinox and the full moon. This new method for calculating Easter should take effect from the year 2001.
----------------------------------

The attached link reflects other efforts at dating how many day's in a year. After reviewing might I sugest you present to your family what you saw here and let us all know there response.

Ancient Calanders

posted on Sep, 8 2002 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Truth, how would you get 35 years from 42 months? Maybe 42 months means exactly that, 42 months is 3.5 years which is a half of the 7 year tribulation which is divided in two.
Also, I don't know if I would consider the pope to be a head of the beast since the woman on the beast is the Catholic Church. I obviously can't intrepret all of Revelations but to me I don't think that would add up.......

Rev. 17:9, 12 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 8 2002 @ 04:05 AM
link   
triad, i got these interpretations and daates from a
caatholic theologian on a great video tape.

Listen, did you read my post??

You have to add these things up.

1. In the 1980s a saint saaid we were living in chapter 13 of the bibles
apoc.

2. The pope was shot in 1981.

3. The one who was mortally wounded but healed is in chapter 13.

The very chapter that we were in in the 80s.

I know its complicated, but this pope has gone against alot of original doctrines of our
church and has commited heresy.

If you really want to know why he goes against everything you
would have to get yourself a catechism created "before" vatican ll.

This is one of the popes statements of heresy.

"" evolution is more than a theory ""

He also includes that it is not wrong to teach this in school and should be taught.

I will not get into all of his heresies against his tradition.

sandman.

heres the beggining of chapter 13

The beast coming out of the sea with ten horns and seven heads.

The ten horns means the forming ten nations who will join into a one world order.

"happening before your eyes"

This will be the global banking system, global religion, all will be joined
into one and it will be an infestation of sin.

Ben laden is working for the ones who wll destroy religion. All current religions under the
antichrist will be demolisshed.

Why??

Because "faanantics like me" are the terrorist and to creat
this type of view you must creat a fanantic who commits acts of death.

Ben laden is a religious tool to further the destruction of religion.

Now, the seven heads.

You just gave the qoute.

"" The seven heads are the seven hills upon which the women sit ""

The seven "heads" are part of the beast in chapter 13.

One of its heads was mortally wounded..

One of its "seven" heads meaning one of its heads where the women sits.

Where does the women sit??

Rome.

The pope is one of the heads of the church where the women sits. the church
does sit upon seven hills of rome.

these are indeed precise interpretations by a catholic preist that i have
learned from.

This pope leads many astray by his comments and acts and most catholics
do not know it.

peace.

posted on Sep, 8 2002 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Leads them astray by teaching them to pray to dead humans like Mary?

[Edited on 8-9-2002 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Sep, 8 2002 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hey guys - I love this board and have never come into this topic section because I figured it would be boring and deal with more of a New Age view point..However I see that there are many misinformed people in regards to the Catholic Church.

Truth -I assume you are reffering to St Malachy? His prophecies are a whole topic in themselves, I don't know how much you have studied or looked into the authenticity of these writings but I think you should look at some objective works to see that possibly they are not even his work.

In regards to the Revelation passage quoted.The Greek word in this passage is horos. Of the sixty-five occurrences of this word in the New Testament, only three are rendered "hill" by the King James Version. The remaining sixty-two are translated as "mountain" or "mount." Modern Bibles have similar ratios. If the passage states that the Whore sits on "seven mountains," it could refer to anything. Mountains are common biblical symbols, often symbolizing whole kingdoms (cf. Ps. 68:15; Dan. 2:35; Amos 4:1, 6:1; Obad. 8�21). The Whore�s seven mountains might be seven kingdoms she reigns over, or seven kingdoms with which she has something in common.

The number seven may be symbolic also, for it often represents completeness in the Bible. If so, the seven mountains might signify that the Whore reigns over all earth�s kingdoms.

Even if we accept that the word horos should be translated literally as "hill" in this passage, it still does not narrow us down to Rome. Other cities are known for having been built on seven hills as well.

Even if we grant that the reference is to Rome, which Rome are we talking about�pagan Rome or Christian Rome? As we will see, ancient, pagan Rome fits all of this criteria as well, or better, than Rome during the Christian centuries.

Now bring in the distinction between Rome and Vatican City�the city where the Catholic Church is headquartered�and this claim becomes less plausible. Vatican City is not built on seven hills, but only one: Vatican Hill, which is not one of the seven upon which ancient Rome was built. Those hills are on the east side of the Tiber river; Vatican Hill is on the west.

Sorry for the long post, but with Religon and politics opinions are like a**holes. Everyone has one. Great disscussion guys!

[Edited on 8-9-2002 by meter]

posted on Sep, 8 2002 @ 10:33 AM
link   
An Excellent metaphor, I must say...

posted on Sep, 8 2002 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Truth what saint said that? What is the name of the videotape?

God created a reality not a fantasy, if fossils are millions of years old (and they are) then a responsible person will defer to God having created a reality in which the time necessary to generate fossils (as we understand it is possible in reality), so as a reuslt evolution is more than a theory.

Vatican I is personally responsible for the deaths of millions of people, that is the main reason why it was abandoned. What of the murders truth, has Vatican II engaged in the same behaviors? Personally I do not think the author
of revelations actually ever completed his letters to the churches until the very last chapter of the book. The destruction of the dictates of Vatican I was probably one of the best things that ever happened on this planet. It will probably take another thousand years before they get another chance to do it again, by then though I doubt they will succeed.

If you would like you can call it my faith in a good book. This is not to say I feel the Vatican is doing a bang up job, but at least they are not engaging in genocide and torture.

[Edited on 9-9-2002 by Toltec]

posted on Sep, 9 2002 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Truth, I find it disturbing how you call the current pope a heretic and the Vatican II so bad but what about the Catholic Church as a whole since the inception? The Church has always been corrupt and their doctrines were wrong waaaay before John Paul II ever stepped in. We could talk all about it but that would be a post in of itself.
Also, did you catch the point I made about the pope not being a head? Not that I know for sure but since the Catholic Church is the woman on the beast which you yourself have said, it wouldn't make much sense that the leader of that Church would be a head.
Also here's a scary fact about the pope.....don't remember when but leaders of all the religions in the world got together with the pope at the Vatican to pray for peace, like all religions are the same?! which was a theme of it I guess.

posted on Sep, 9 2002 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Hey u guys, don't forget that the Pope has a flashing red telephone line direct to heaven!
hehe.

posted on Sep, 9 2002 @ 12:28 PM
link   
What? a phone line to heaven? what the number
to this phone, the ultiate prank call.
I could f up catholics good.

posted on Sep, 9 2002 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SetiPsychic
1) what the number to this phone, the ultimate prank call.
2) I could f up catholics good.

1) 666.666.666

2) Catho f up ya 2.

posted on Sep, 9 2002 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave
I heard the other day that the Pope has a load of UFO/End of the world secrets stashed away in the vatican vaults. Does anyone have any more info or stories to back this claim up?

If their was a secret library, wouldn't it destroy religion. Everything in the bible would be crap. The Church probably destroys every bit of evidence it comes across that dispells the myth of God.

posted on Sep, 9 2002 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The "Church" does not have sole access to the Word, nor do they have all the scrolls found throughout time. No difference, anyway, as they also do not feel the need to stick to the basic themes of the Bible. The most glaring one is the need to have an intermediary other than Christ go between you and Father. It's a good thing, to, since if I had to confess my past sins to a fellow human being, I'd still be saying Hail Marys and the like.

BTW, James, wouldn't it make sense that a prank call to God would be impossible, as He knows all? And if it were possible to do such a thing, wouldn't it be not very prudent, what with Him having the power to give you all sorts of vile plagues as retaliation? I'd have to pass on that one!

posted on Sep, 9 2002 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Toltec i cannot find the video on the net but i have the exact same thing
from a link by a preist named brother diamond.

All of you who want to know why i say this "read" this
link, (every) (word) of this link you must read to understand
what is happening to the church and the world.

www.pax-et-veritas.org...

read "every" word of it please.

peace.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join