It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being not loving is what makes you hate yourself.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
If someone yells at you it doesn't mean you have to yell back.

Don't fight fire with fire. Fight fire with water.

Are you of the Spirit? Do you comprehend?

Sometimes being loving means to turn your back and walk away and never look back just so the other might be struck by awareness of yourself.

edit on 11-3-2014 by oktopus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

I think I gotcha. Ever since I was a wee lad I've always been doing my best to use words, a calm demeanor, a positive mental intent, and a sense of empathy for the other, even if they are trying to hurt me. Sometimes, I get upset, it happens to the best of us, but life is so much more peaceful when you live to bring peace and happiness, not war and suffering.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
When you rise to the bait of another by getting angry back at them, you let them control the ground and take power over you. When you let them dictate the terms of the exchange between you, you lose control over yourself.

And yes, sometimes the only way to love yourself is to walk away. And we are to love others as we love ourself. And if we love ourself by walking away from that, then we are also loving them by walking away from it. Two angry, hateful people will not make any situation better, and it's hard for hate to exist without something for it to feed on.

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I agree with you guys, but sometimes things have to be said....I usually avoid arguing when upset or emotional, cause I know I end up saying things I'll regret......but once calm I will have to say what I think.....then I walk away! lol

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Once we realize that not everything is ABOUT us then it falls into place. When someone yells or is rude we take it personally, but it's probably not about us. Our ego tries to convince us that everything around us is about us. Once we realize how little actually is we can find peace and let other people own their own actions.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ufochick

That's true, then you can laugh at what they do and say because you stand in your power. (which is actually none)
edit on 12-3-2014 by oktopus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

oktopus
reply to post by ufochick

That's true, then you can laugh at what they do and say because you stand in your power. (which is actually none)
edit on 12-3-2014 by oktopus because: (no reason given)

It is funny because when people get upset with me my natural reaction is laughing. Not to demean them but because it is hard not to when once it is realised they are fighting themselves and trying to project it onto others to make them feel happy again.
It is really bad when "superiors" in the work place do this because it makes them insane when people don't respond how they are "supposed to".

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

Well.
You can't run away from all your problems.

top topics

join