It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan: The Mysterious Monoliths of Asuka Nara and the 800 tons "Rock Ship" of Masuda.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

This one looks like some type of sun dial / calendar type of monolith to me. The sun probably hit those arm pieces that stick out on the sides creating shadows (a way to tell time)... just like on a sun dial.

This one looks like it could of been used for time keeping purposes too but on a smaller scale, such as days or weeks. Maybe they etched a new indentation for each day/week or time period that had passed ?

& this one perhaps the sun hit it on the top on the three different sections at different times/parts of the day. Could just be another clock or time keeping piece.

by the way... these are just wild guesses... I'm having fun coming up with the ideas though.

Good thread by the OP (arken). I have not seen these before and they are very interesting to me !

leolady

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Arken

Very compelling megaliths and a great find! One wonders what purpose they may have served. I wasn't aware of any of these and will certainly try and look into some of the japanese sites to get further details! Thanks for posting this, S&F ...

posted on Mar, 11 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

wait, to make that square indent wouldn't it need to be sanded or very carefully chiseled out?

pertaining to the location or the rocks and their locations on the world power lines i will have to look in to that.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Reminds me about Peru, they look similar and also no real clue what function it had:

Can't get the links 2 work as normal, maybe just a link works:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 12-3-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Plugin

links don't work.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Pardon my thoughts, for it may seem a bit gory. But what I see here is a sacrificial altar built to have human or animal sacrifice on it.

The pools below were meant to collect blood. Perhaps the hole in the middle was meant to collect blood too. Eeeewww, I see altars drenched in and dripping with blood. Eerie - creepy. Like I said, pardon moi.

Edit - Or it may just be for collecting rainwater. But the above is way creepier, hehehe.
edit on 12-3-2014 by headb because: another POV

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Part of me feels the Masuda-no-iwafune bears some resemblence to the OceanX Baltic Sea anomaly, for what that's worth.

posted on Mar, 12 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The big rock looks like Fred Flintstones telly!
At the moment I can think of no reason for the shape, unless it is some kind of keyway intended to be slid into something else, or something slid up and down it, weird stuff. The ' rock ship' is just as wierd. I wonder if anyone has made miniatures to see if they connect up somehow.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Awesome Find! S&F for sure!

This brings to mind the same thoughts I have every time I see the pyramids.

How in the heck did they do things like this?

How many artifacts like this have been weathered into non-existence?

I do have a couple Q's about these particular structures though.

How were these made? Were they carved out of an existing rock structure (i.e. mount Rushmore), or were they quarried, shaped, and transported?

Posts like this are what kept me up all night tonight on this website.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

andr3w68
Awesome Find! S&F for sure!

This brings to mind the same thoughts I have every time I see the pyramids.

How in the heck did they do things like this?

How many artifacts like this have been weathered into non-existence?

I do have a couple Q's about these particular structures though.

How were these made? Were they carved out of an existing rock structure (i.e. mount Rushmore), or were they quarried, shaped, and transported?

Posts like this are what kept me up all night tonight on this website.

These are really THE BIG Questions....

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This may be way-off base here, but when I see these sorts of discoveries, I can't help but think these may be "parts" for a much larger "machine".

Possibly a large-scale pump or something along those lines.

I know, I know.....that's just crazy talk.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I imagine that a hollowed out rock would be a very good place to store food. Nice and cool in the summer. Protected in the winter.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Very interesting my friend. One has to wonder why they went to all that trouble? That first one looks like it possibly could have been used for smoking meat, fish or something. Possibly for collecting water maybe? It's almost as if it has an aqueduct carved into it, or maybe like the poster before said, a place to store food.

A few look very strange. Maybe they copied an Alien craft that had visited them, and then chose to build a replica in order to worship it? To me it seems that they had to serve some important purpose for them to spend so much time making them. Strange, but very interesting. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by leolady

To me, it looks like one was meant to be a obelisk to be placed inside the other, but the builders never got round to finishing the work.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

Ohh yeah I see what your saying. Yes it does look like that. I wonder what would of happened to the obelisk pillars that fit into those holes.

leolady

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

leolady
reply to post by stormcell

Ohh yeah I see what your saying. Yes it does look like that. I wonder what would of happened to the obelisk pillars that fit into those holes.

leolady

I was thinking that the sundial monolith would have actually become the obelisk, but that it was only partially carved. The pyramid bit on the side would have become the capstone, and the stone itself would have been slid along wooden rails - which is why there are grooves carved in.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Skyfloating
And yet more evidence of that mysterious ancient and global civilization that cut and quarried stones so massive nobody knows how they did it. Some day they are going to connect the dots.

Is there a particular reason you consider these stones to be "ancient?"

What does "ancient" mean to you?

Harte

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Harte
Is there a particular reason you consider these stones to be "ancient?" What does "ancient" mean to you?

And if they were so great and technically advanced, where are they now?

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Skyfloating
And yet more evidence of that mysterious ancient and global civilization that cut and quarried stones so massive nobody knows how they did it. Some day they are going to connect the dots.

We've got some ideas of what technologies were used in the distant past ... they had the craft skills and knowledge to forge metals and handles. That gives them the ability to create saw blades as well as drill bits. Use of Copper blades goes back 3000 years. So they could cut stone, make grooves and drill holes. One way of splitting rocks is to drill some holes, then hammer in tapered spikes. These will split apart the rock.

Alternatively, water in cold temperatures would freeze and split open rock. That would be very easy to do in night-time in deserts where the temperature goes below zero.

They also knew how to create various acids. Even urine and decomposing vegetation are acidic. That alone would dissolve some stones. Sometimes heating it up using a fire or just friction would help speed things up.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
They are Buddhist sculptures or Tombs, including the tomb of Soga-no-Umako.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join