It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Foreign Ministry condemns 'lawlessness' in east Ukraine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Russian Foreign Ministry condemns 'lawlessness' in east Ukraine

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia's Foreign Ministry said on Monday it was outraged by lawlessness in eastern Ukraine, blaming the far-right paramilitary movement Right Sector for "conniving" with the new government in Kiev.

In its latest salvo in a propaganda war over Ukraine, in which the United States has issued a list of what it calls 10 false claims by President Vladimir Putin, Russia accused the West of being silent over violence and detentions taking place there against Russian compatriots.

The ministry said in a statement masked men had opened fire on peaceful demonstrators in the eastern city of Kharkiv on March 8, wounding some.

It also said seven Russian journalists had been detained in the eastern city of Dnipropetrovsk, suggesting the new leaders and their Western allies were not committed to media freedoms.

"The shamefaced silence of our Western partners, human rights organizations and foreign media is surprising. It raises the question - where is the notorious objectivity and commitment to democracy?" it said.

Kharkiv police are treating the Kharkiv incident as a minor one and say the only link to Right Sector came from an anonymous phone caller.

Click link for remainder of article...

So yeah... Russia wants a war... Well, maybe just Crimea Eastern Ukraine Ukraine.
edit on 10-3-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Seeing there is a lot of eyes on this issue and we are hearing from more sides.I want to leave this response from Mr. Putin himself . "PRESIDENT OF RUSSIA VLADIMIR PUTIN: Good afternoon, colleagues,

How shall we do this? This is what I’d like to suggest: let’s have a conversation, rather than an interview. Therefore, I would ask you to begin by stating all your questions, I will jot them down and try to answer them, and then we will have a more detailed discussion of the specifics that interest you most.

Let’s begin " www.informationclearinghouse.info... I like what it says at the top of this piece ..Look no teleprompter" lol

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Interesting read...

My question - President Putin -
You have made statements about the political issues in Kiev and have gone on to give answers. Why are you the one who is speaking for the former President of Ukraine? How many times have you and he met since he fled Ukraine? Would it be possible to make him available so we ourselves can ask him these questions?

There are rumors floating around about the former Presidents health and unconfirmed rumors that he had died. If the latter is not true can you make him available so we can speak with him?

If he has died, then under the Ukrainian constitution his term as President has ended. How does that affect your view on the legality of your actions in Crimea?

Finally, you have invoked the Ukrainian Constitution numerous times to justify some of your actions. That same Constitution prohibits the Crimea from taking the action they did. Territorial integrity is a federal manner, so Crimea's actions are unconstitutional. how would you respond to that?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

It is only a matter of time before all hell breaks loose. Everything is moving extremly fast, its scary to think of all these threats to the states.. I live by the border of canada and the us ( on canadian side) I am close to Vancouver and Seatle. If they attack us my area would probly be the first to go. I wouldnt be as worried if I didnt have a 2yr old daughter to protect, I hope this remains a cold war.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

snypwsd

It is only a matter of time before all hell breaks loose. Everything is moving extremly fast, its scary to think of all these threats to the states.. I live by the border of canada and the us ( on canadian side) I am close to Vancouver and Seatle. If they attack us my area would probly be the first to go. I wouldnt be as worried if I didnt have a 2yr old daughter to protect, I hope this remains a cold war.

Ideally yes..

I guess my concern is based more on long term. It scares the hell out of me when the events we are seeing have already occurred - in the late 1930'1940's. When I hear people make comments like let them have Crimea and things will be ok. Let them protect Russians, there is nothing wrong with it. Appeasement has never worked, and if we go down that road again starting with Ukraine, where does it end?

Russia is meddling in Moldova in 3 of their autonomous provinces. They have managed to deploy Russian soldiers there as well according to the Moldova's UN Ambassador.

At what point will it take for people to realize that remaining quiet and letting Russia get away with it will ultimately resort in them having borders with Russia? At which point they are forced to act since they stand alone because of appeasement?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Some good questions that only he could answer . As far as answering questions about rumors ,would it not be better to see if it could be confirmed by say his relatives and people who should know ? Not saying Putin doesn't know one way or another but as he alluded to the former president fled Ukraine and probably applied for political asylum like Snowden did . Given enough time the former president may respond to questions like Putin did .It's still early in this mess and there is a lot of misdirection and misinformation being put out . It's hard to get a clear picture of it all while dealing with interests groups making false statements and moving the discussion away from the basic facts of the matter ....peace

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

The US involvement directly and indirectly in countries in the middle east at the moment and saying that Russia has no valid concerns with a border country who in likenesses would put missile bases there pointing at them sounds kind of hypocritical .Kerry's use of the term International lawfully in respect to invading another country is equally hypocritical .But then again ,hypocrites do that as a rule .Context and history with facts is what is needed and not rhetorical fallacies . Seems like everyone wants to rule the world without asking the people that live where the do .We are given scary scenarios on a daily basis . what if's and what not's . People forget that as soon as a puppet like Sadam or any other that was put in power gets the spot they are so quickly sent of to Washington and given a audience with POTUS .If they were truly the peoples choice you would think they could comfortably settle into the job they were put there for . Saying that things are happening fast is only because they did happen very fast to begin with .Elections take time and appointing a new leader is usually played out in the public and not behind closed doors by people that are thousands of miles away from your border .It's called meddling and is not lawful . Basic ..

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I love it. This coming from a guy whose country is owned and operated by the Russian Mafia. They operate with impunity in all facets of Russian life and are entirely out in the open as they do so. Talk about the pot v. kettle.

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I believe all the questions you asked were answered in the ICH article as linked in the OP.

ETA: My mistake wrong tab. Here's the article I referred to... www.informationclearinghouse.info... as suppliedby the2ofusr1
edit on 3/10/2014 by Kukri because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/10/2014 by Kukri because: added credits

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

jtma508
I love it. This coming from a guy whose country is owned andErnest operated by the Russian Mafia. They operate with impunity in all facets of Russian life and are entirely out in the open as they do so. Talk about the pot v. kettle.

Could you post some links to these "facts of life" .Oris this just one of those internet memes without any factual basis?

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kukri

Talk to someone that lives there. Go there yourself. I've been there. I've seen it first-hand. It is so widespread and so out-in-the-open it is shocking. This is no 'internet meme'. It's a fact-of-life in Russia. Has been for a long time.

top topics

join