It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The current Ukranian crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
So I'm sure I'm going to ruffle some feathers in saying what I'm about to say...and worse still, after I say it I'm going to go to bed, effectively abandoning my own thread right after starting it 'til after work tomorrow...but, anyways:

It occurred to me during the last 3-4 days that this must be how the rest of the world felt when we invaded Iraq in 2003. Since I was actually in Iraq at the time, I don't actually have a first hand perspective on what it was like back home here, but what I recall from the run up to the war, and what I've read since, I get the feeling that how most of the world is viewing Russia's actions now is how they viewed ours back then.

I know, I know, believe me, I know there are many differences. Saddam had broken many, man UN resolutions, etc; but there are also similarities.

Anywho..off to bed in a few minutes. I just felt the need to get that off my chest, and I have no idea why.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

not really, no.
Most people were okay with the Iraq war... until the whole "there are no WMD's" thing came to light.
...though I still maintain that they were shipped over the border into Syria.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Awen24
reply to post by BobM88

not really, no.
Most people were okay with the Iraq war... until the whole "there are no WMD's" thing came to light.
...though I still maintain that they were shipped over the border into Syria.

Agreed...

The other difference would be we did not use ethnic background to justify the invasion nor did we annex Iraq either. Wikileaks released info about WMD's being located. The Assange supporters for some reason always fail to reference that (even though they have no qualms about invoking wikileaks for other issues).

Not to mention Iraq was constantly in violation of at least a half dozen UN resolutions from after the first gulf war.

If the world has such an issue with Iraq, then the same would apply to Russia's invasion of Ukraine yes?

new topics

join