It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's Putin orders troops in military exercise back to base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered troops that took part in military exercises this week to return to base, Russian news agencies quoted the Kremlin spokesman as saying on Tuesday.

Dmitry Peskov said the military exercises, which Moscow denied were linked to events in Ukraine, had been a success. The exercises took place across western Russia, an area which borders Ukraine.

Russia's Putin orders troops in military exercise back to base

So i guess "WWIII" is canceled for the moment as the military exercise is over and troops are called back.

Russia has been saying all the time it's just a military exercise, well, maybe they were right, lets see if this shouldent be over at the end of the week.
edit on 4-3-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

I was about to say - "Will the last Spetsnaz out of the new Republic of Crimea please turn out the light" -

However, there are tweets coming in thick and strong about a Ukranian column approaching a Russian checkpoint, the Russians are shooting into the air and the column isn't stopping...

So..dont shut the bunker door just yet.

edit on AM2Tue20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Heh ,i really hope this is the case ...

Putin must be adopting tactics from Kim jong un .......

Smh....

edit on 0161013131631th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

This is a distinct event from the troops occupying the Crimea. Until they are gone or the West cedes Ukraine's sovereignty and lets them stay, this isn't over. I don't think anyone is standing in line to go to war over the Crimea, but strange things happen.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

He could have issued the order to make it look like he was 'retreating' when all these horrid Ukrainians started it all up again. Make himself look even more like the victim. I would seriously doubt if he didn't know the Ukrainians were on the move long ago.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Peskov said the exercises had been a success. There was no word on movement of Russian forces in Crimea.

I dont think he is calling back the troops from the Crimea, but troops on operations in other area's, ie sochi!

Its probably more worrying that he is requesting all military units to their bases.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The incident at the air base has been resolved..
The russians that were surrounding it have let the Ukrainian troops enter.

This is a BS "war"..the trooops dont want trouble..only corporate business.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Meanwhile on the cyber front... the ROSKOMNADZOR; Russian version of the NSA is hot on taking out free access to the interwebs furthering their agenda of trying to control the tide of public sentiment.

Russia blocks access to 13 web communities of Ukrainian nationalists

the ROSKOMNADZOR site for inqusitive minds

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Agit8dChop

Peskov said the exercises had been a success. There was no word on movement of Russian forces in Crimea.

I dont think he is calling back the troops from the Crimea, but troops on operations in other area's, ie sochi!

Its probably more worrying that he is requesting all military units to their bases.

No, but if Putin wanted to atack he could crush Ukrain (Crimera) in a heartbeat, and the supposed demand of "Ukrain to surrender" turned out to be nothing as the deadline is over and russia denies to have come up with any ultimatum.

Russia denies issuing ultimatum to Ukraine forces in Crimea

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
To me this looks like a Russian propaganda campaign to confuse people on what is happening. The troops referred to in this case are/were already in Russia. They are being sent home from wargames that were taking place in Russia. This has nothing to do with the 16,000 troops still in Crimea/Ukraine.
edit on 4-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yes that's what is actually happening. Putin is just concentrating his forces.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Russia is pulling back troops from war games that were "unrelated". I do not see anything anywhere about Russia pulling out of anywhere in the Ukraine. Did I miss something?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Mamatus
Russia is pulling back troops from war games that were "unrelated". I do not see anything anywhere about Russia pulling out of anywhere in the Ukraine. Did I miss something?

But having chunk of troops nearby would have made any response quicker..............than having those troops back in the bases.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Wookiep
To me this looks like a Russian propaganda campaign to confuse people on what is happening. The troops referred to in this case are/were already in Russia. They are being sent home from wargames that were taking place in Russia. This has nothing to do with the 16,000 troops still in Crimea/Ukraine.
edit on 4-3-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Yes, but the question about Crimera is, are the troops there to defend their assets and Russian citizens or to invade?

So far only Putin seems to know and the West is over reacting, which just pisses of Putin.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
"Russia's Putin orders troops in military exercise back to base"

Uh Huh.

Orders them back to base so they can board the choppers and transports and land in Kiev.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

xuenchen
"Russia's Putin orders troops in military exercise back to base"

Uh Huh.

Orders them back to base so they can board the choppers and transports and land in Kiev.

Or not

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I would expect Putin had planned to keep this up a bit longer for effect and to gain some additional chips to bagain with when talks started. However, just the talk from the US and EU about minor santions has sent the Russian economy into a tail spin and the IMF will need Europes approval to give Russia the loan it needed and now needs even more. The mass sell off of rubles for dollars in Russia along with dumping of Russian stocks show the compete lack of confidence Russian have in this entire fiasco. Now it becomes clear just how vulnerable Russia has become to Western economic and diplomatic power.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

This ^

I do not think there will be war. Putin must find his exit strategy on any of this.

To be honest, I wouldnn't be surprised if the whole "Ukraine" affair wasn't manufactured by western powers, for whatever reason. It really has seemed like much ado about nothing.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'm not usually one for one-liners but,

"Crazy Ivan"

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by MrSpad

This ^

I do not think there will be war. Putin must find his exit strategy on any of this.

To be honest, I wouldnn't be surprised if the whole "Ukraine" affair wasn't manufactured by western powers, for whatever reason. It really has seemed like much ado about nothing.

It is manufactured by Western powers in the form of NATO expansion. Russia had to act at some point, just like it did in Georgia.

Russian troops are going nowhere from Crimea and if needed they will move into Eastern Ukraine by coming out of the bases that they only yesterday went back to.

top topics

join