It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psycho's strapped to a rock

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Prisoners manufacture all the license plates in this country. You didn't know that?

mentalfloss.com...

It's a coincidence that the site is called mental floss.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657

Holographicmeat
reply to post by LUXUS

It's as good of a theory as any I suppose. But, what about children? I mean, if we were being imprisoned here why imprison the innocent? Unless.......it's a genetic defunck in our version of us that causes this madness and we were quarantined to keep that gene from spreading and this isn't a prison at all. It's an asylum.

edit on 332014 by Holographicmeat because: added
I'm sorry but didn't you start out as a child on this planet? How did you go from innocent child to adult inmate on a prison planet?

That was my point, I think I just said it wrong. The ones imprisoned here......had children, us. Why punish the children? The only thing we did was be born. Into a prison. Doesn't make sense. Unless there was a reason to keep us here. Hence the genetic defunk comment.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Interesting theory! Star for you. This place does feel like a loony bin at the best of times. As others have said, it's certainly one to keep in mind. I've not thought about it like that myself, but certainly in human terms (conditions we're used to, like the jail analogy) it makes some sense.

Makes you wonder what would've happened if Hitler did end up with inter-dimensional travel at his disposal. Hopefully a bit like the end of Indiana Jones 4...? That said, under your theory it won't matter who gets it, a super-power, megalomaniac or what - they're still going to be paid a visit... Perhaps!

It'd be interesting to document the creation of some anti-gravity device or free energy source. As you say some have certainly disappeared under strange circumstances. Perhaps if we can find a way to construct one in a short time frame, like 1 week, build it under guard and wait for the Men In Black...
Presumably past attempts got so far as to have MIB appear...why wouldn't a future attempt? Although, the getting killed in a car accident the next week isn't a very friendly thought.

It would seem creating anti-gravity devices lead to a Final Destination sequence of deadly events...

edit on 3-3-2014 by markymint because: spelling

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
this is going to be a rather large response, as i have spent some time thinking about the implications. observe:

first, i noted that the sumerian texts declared that KINGSHIP descended to earth from the heavens.

second, i noted that these kings often declared themselves demi-gods

third, understanding that a demi-god is the equivalent of a biblical nephilim, i realized this meant they were hybrids - half human and half "god"

fourth, i noted that the worst of all possible crimes were commited by those demi-gods, and have continued to do so for millenia.
for example, hitler, stalin, mao, pol pot, etc. and i haven't even gotten to the crimes we don't hear about or crimes against humanity hidden from our sight or the older atrocities such as the inquistion, the crusades, the byzantine wars, the roman conquests, the muslim conquests, the holy roman conquests, and so on.

fifth, i noted that using psychology and abuse of power, these demi-gods managed to secure for themselves, duped minions from amongst the populace

sixth, i noted that they would and did, stoop to any means necessary to achieve their goals, often at the cost of millions of lives. for example, in order to push thru his 5 year plan, stalin starved the entire population of the ukraine to death, in their own homes - he would let no food in and no people out, then took all their stored food, crops and seeds. it was the biggest concentration death camp in history and the press, bankers and leaders of other nations of the time, were complicit in hiding this from the world for over a generation (40+ years).

seventh, i noted that with the rise of near instant mass communication, they have found a way to raise up billions of duped minions for the express purpose of causing violent revolts.

thus, it is my belief that humans are NOT the problem and never were.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657

AccessDenied
I have to agree with your thoughts,even as out there as they may sound. I dunno if we are a race of prisoners,but definitely we are slaves. It seems "they" allow us to create ways to destroy ourselves,but step in just enough to keep us around. Who knows why. We could,or they could,nuke us at anytime. Must be a good reason to keep the threat around,yet keep it from happening. Rule us with fear and divine promises for some unknown gain.

A few points:
First define dunno because I'm not familiar with that word.
Second who are you a slave to and how can we be their slaves when we never show up for work (what ever it might be that you think we are doing for them)
The violence we exhibit is a left over instinctual behavior from our evolution from ape to man. Same as our hair left over ape DNA.

Funny, I thought "dunno" was common slang for "don't know". I guess you dunno?
Humans as a whole on this planet, imho, are definitely slaves. Slaves in that we must live by rules dictated by society, dictated by government, dictated by "THEM"=[insert evil entity of choice here]. Is it not felt by most that our rights, freedoms, even thoughts are restricted, and we are constrained to do only the expectations placed on us? Not much free thinking allowed...try to be a radical in your thoughts, your lifestyle and watch society swoop down and slap you on the wrist. What do we do with our lives? Go to school, to learn enough to work the machines, to make money for the corporations that make it law for us to consume only the goods they produce, till death. All we do is slave away our life to benefit somebody "ABOVE" us in one way or another. That, in my opinion, is slavery. As for the violence we exhibit, that could have many sources. A remnant from evolution, maybe. Chemicals in our food and water, maybe. Socioeconomic depression, maybe. Solar flares frying our braincells, maybe. I don't believe the violence in society has any one just cause. The violence exhibited by leaders though...is an entire different story. Now, whether all this has to do with us being imprisoned on a rock by a malevolent race of extraterrestrial entities...well, just as believable as us all being created by god or monkeys..

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

if you think about it, survival is the number 1 goal of anything alive. it is not monstrous of us, to want to survive and to do so, with the least amount of pain and suffering possible.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

undo

if you think about it, survival is the number 1 goal of anything alive. it is not monstrous of us, to want to survive and to do so, with the least amount of pain and suffering possible.
Tell that to those who are feeling the pain for you,and suffering everyday,while you continue to look in the mirror and convince yourself that you are not monstrous. That is a lack of humanity.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Holographicmeat

Why punish the children?

Your spirit is never a child. Personally having memory of three previous lives and one of inbetween life's, I can say this.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I've thought about this concept before.

What if we are stuck here until we are deemed worthy enough to move on, until we have achieved a level of righteousness that opens the "gateway" for our soul. In that regard we would be prisoners. I don't know, If you believe in reincarnation this becomes a plausible scenario. Of course there are also those who believe we came here willingly to learn so in that case we choose our own fate, and we are not prisoners in a sense, except for the fact that we are stuck in the rut until we achieve the results needed to get out again. But if that were the case, then why would we have chosen to come in the first place, being that we were not here already. Maybe the other option wasn't a pretty one and maybe this option will allow us to be set free.

leolady

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

AccessDenied

undo

Tell that to those who are feeling the pain for you,and suffering everyday,while you continue to look in the mirror and convince yourself that you are not monstrous. That is a lack of humanity.

what i'm saying is: people who say humanity is the problem are wrong. it is not bad to want to survive and to do so with the least amount of pain and suffering possible. that is not a support of human suffering, that's a complaint that we are forced into various forms of suffering and lead to believe we deserve it because we were born onto this planet. that's a crock. no one should have to suffer like humans do on this planet every day

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

If our planet is such an institution what is the biggest concern the prison guards have? Their biggest concern would be that we would develop the technology of space travel!

The guards wouldn't have anything to worry about in that respect, our bodies begin to deteriorate even after short stays in LEO. Our bodies aren't going anywhere.

I enjoyed your OP, but I believe that we are both the prisoner and the gaoler.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Char-Lee

Why punish the children?

Your spirit is never a child. Personally having memory of three previous lives and one of inbetween life's, I can say this.

Like a reincarnation type thing? How wonderful. I wish I could believe in something like that, it would make life a bit......magical for a lack of a better word. Personally, my brain only processes what my senses tell me. They tell me I will be worm crap one day every time I pass a graveyard. lol Most people tell me how terrible it would be to believe how I do. It's quite the opposite though, it makes me appreciate the time I am allowed here all the more. Every second, every minute, every hour of everyday is a precious gift. Although, I HAVE seen some very interesting videos about small children telling stories of themselves being adults during different time periods that they should really know nothing about. I am iffy about those stories because with computers/televisions/radios being EVERYWHERE all the time now, it could possibly be from a documentary they don't remember seeing or hearing. I don't know. For curiosity sake, how did you come to remember your past lives? I'm not knocking you in anyway, these things are fascinating to me.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Some people believe that this is in fact a prison we live on. That souls are made and new souls are chaotic and not wise enough to live peacefully with other beings, they are put here with others who may have been around a long time just not straightened up their act enough to join .. "the community" I guess you could call it. I don't know the truth and don't pretend to, I just know the world is a very strange place and almost anything is possible. I don't think anything is crazy, whether it be evolution, creationism, reincarnation, etc.. None of us really know the absolute truth, so how can we shoot down anyone elses theory?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Ok, lets inprove on the the situation a bit.

We are not living in a mental institution, but living in a cage, a huge one, just like a safari.
The contactee/channelers are the one that the safari/zoo keeper love and befriend like "Kiki the parrot", ", "Cheeta the chimpanzee".

Now since we are in a huge enviroment, we are pretty much trapped, eventhough we can go to the end of the jungle - read as "Oort cloud", we still cannot escape the safari.

And we keep reincarnate - never achieving that higher level etc, just keep reincarnate/reproduce.

The aliens, are visitors, they come visit, observed, abduct, study and after some time, leave or decide to stay and "live to feel the wilderness", they never will put up a disco light or anything new, to "preserve the wild enviroment".

This safari/wild Africa is pretty much will address these questions, leaning to OP theory.
the childrens question,
the keep reincarnate question,
the chanellers/contactee question
the why we dont see them question

So, please accept my moot point - we are free but as free as the dolphin

For those who dont believe aliens exist heres a challenge.
I give you odds 1 to 99999 dice. If it roll 1, I win other than that, you win.
For each stars in the sky we roll the dice once. If it roll 1, your excuse is false already. You are bound to accept that they exist. Get the picture ?

For those who think they still not here - dude, you just 20000 years old max and you claim we cannot go faster than a horse ?
Behave yourself a bit in front of our galactic brothers, they already have faster than light spaceship, before human are even human and their civilization are few millions years old.

New kid on the block still thinking hes only the one and playing the king of the hill on his planet, lets watch these kids play, its quite fun, like when we are kids eons ago - alien mentality

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Bundy

Some people believe that this is in fact a prison we live on. That souls are made and new souls are chaotic and not wise enough to live peacefully with other beings, they are put here with others who may have been around a long time just not straightened up their act enough to join .. "the community" I guess you could call it. I don't know the truth and don't pretend to, I just know the world is a very strange place and almost anything is possible. I don't think anything is crazy, whether it be evolution, creationism, reincarnation, etc.. None of us really know the absolute truth, so how can we shoot down anyone elses theory?

We can't. You are 100 percent correct. No one knows, we can just guess and talk about all the possibilities. That's what fascinates me....all the possibilities. The world would be a better place if more people thought like you. Unfortunately most people don't. They get one thing in there head and think it is the end all of truth, shoot down EVERYONE else's theories and would go as far as to die or kill for it, instead of trying to learn from them all......when the real truth is we just don't know.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Well that's what happened in Australia and they turned out ok so no worries. The Australians are no longer living on a prison rock. Look what they've done there spectacular progress and peaceful too.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Oh I knew. I was being facetious. See people can be lazy in how they pronounce things including myself but when I write things I write real words. Oh and no I never say dunno I pronounce the "t".

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

So you'd rather have anarchy then laws (which by the way we vote into being.) Ok.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Bundy

ITA souls are in prison! Yes, perhaps an dimensional isolation ward with boundaries of time and space and gravity, a fancy padded cell!

The Buddhists literally call this a prison of suffering (samsara as cycle of death and rebirth). Renunciation is the wish to escape samara. Moral discipline and selflessness are the only paths out. Obviously, most of us find escape impossible!

Rebirth negates the newborn innocence theory. Our DNA carries generations of information so does our karmic DNA, the original original sin, so to speak. We must transcend the physical self these dimensional boundaries and our selfish patterns in order to earn our parole!

I'm pretty sure I've been sent here and not created here. I have memories of being in outer space and reading the light from earth and 'seeing' the eons of suffering on this rock. Or maybe it was a premonition that I will escape some one of these eons!

We have the tech to feed everyone, heal everyone and live in harmony with nature while still eating our cake, but we simply don't because there is always someone(s) who need to get drunk on power just because. And the thing is, seeking power is inevitable failure. Either someone steals it, kills you for it, it eats you alive or drives into a worse rebirth. Hence, the eye-needle-rich-man and the meek inheriting it all.

I want out so bad! This place is a looney bin!

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I think there are a variety of prison guards and visitors. Aliens could be other types of prisoners in this dimension, or just the prison doctors experimenting on us.

I think the guards are demons and spirits that keep us from venturing out of this dimension and use us for their sick entertainment. People who meditate or venture into the astral planes have to take precautions and be careful who they come across. It's quite normal for advanced meditators to have increased spirit problems. The story of the Buddha dealing demons right before attaining enlightenment is a cautionary tale as much as an inspirational one.

Angles, or good entities could be visitors bringing some inspiration to the inmates, perhaps soul relatives they are trying to help to get out.

IMHO

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join